Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*coff*

Dear god it's dusty in here! :lol:

Well, after what seems an internity I've decided that I just can't stop making little areas for the kotor game. Now I'm sure you''l remember me sort of throwing thee tile into the ring, thing. True, I was bored of 3D back then, like a burn out. Guess that would be the proper word. ( I know, I know, it wasn't THAT long ago; I'm weak of mind and flesh x-D )

But enough of my nonsenes and jammering: Slowly bust steadily I got back in my 3Ds Max doing all sorts of stuff. And some of that was aimed at being in Kotor.

I also came to the conclusion that most of my projects died early beacuse I just wanted to much out of it. This time I'll do my best and stay true to the KISS aka KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!!!

So instead of wanting a plethora of new areas, engagin story, loot, scripts, dialogues... etc. And aiming to get a big number of hours of extra content: I'll scale it all down. Though without losing quality.

Means; a few new areas; short story with some fun combat; a little loot.

Anyway, boring you with this wall of text, on to something more fun.

A first tiny quick preview of something new. Not to mind blowing :lol:

quicky.jpg

It's a screenshot of 3Ds Max; rendering out took to long...

good to see your back up :)

Thanks for the encouragement ^__^

Here's a nicer visuall update on what I'm working on at the moment.

First up is a cantina/ club thing; in process of getting textured. Then it's on to add some extra details as chairs, sofas, drinking glasses and other small pieces.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Club001.jpg

Club002.jpg

Club003.jpg

Club004.jpg

Club005.jpg

Next up is a street section, your speeder is parked at the starting point, then it's a short chase after a crook to a docking area for large cargo ships. I started to do some texturing on this aswell, but at the moment I'll first finish the cantina thing.

Show spoiler

Street002.jpg

Street003.jpg

Street004.jpg

Street005.jpg

There some odd render glitches in the shots above; because I didn't switch on 2 sided stuff; plus I made bird eye views, which means you can see things you would never see in the game. ;)

Last bit of work is a storage garage thing: full off crates. Smallish, but it'll serve its part in the mod.

Show spoiler

storage005.jpg

storage004.jpg

storage003.jpg

storage002.jpg

storage001.jpg

*coff*

So instead of wanting a plethora of new areas, engagin story, loot, scripts, dialogues... etc. And aiming to get a big number of hours of extra content: I'll scale it all down. Though without losing quality.

So is it fair to say you're out of retirement now?

Maybe you'll give modeling new character bodies a shot? ;)

Either way, we're with you 100% in you releasing a mod. FINALLY :thmbup1:

Thanks for the encouragement ^__^

Next up is a street section, your speeder is parked at the starting point, then it's a short chase after a crook to a docking area for large cargo ships. I started to do some texturing on this as well, but at the moment I'll first finish the cantina thing.

Show spoiler

Street002.jpg

Looks like this stuff could be connected up with your previously released "Crazy Nights" modules to make it even larger. Here are some comparisons so others can figure out what I'm talking about:

Show spoiler

Wra0001.jpg

Wra0003.jpg

However, I'll agree that the cantina might be a great module to finish up first.

As always, it looks fantastic, Q. :D

Thanks DI. Looking forward to see your thread pop up ^__^

So is it fair to say you're out of retirement now?

I guess you could say that. Though I'll try to take it a bit more easy. Instead of starting a billion mods and acceptiong commisions all over the place :lol:

Maybe you'll give modeling new character bodies a shot? ;)

I did start on an Alien model once for J7, but for now I'll just focus on area models. Bodies and creatures is a whole differant ball game.

Either way, we're with you 100% in you releasing a mod. FINALLY :thmbup1:

Thanks, I'll need that support! :lol:

Or with VP's new tut some AMAZING new heads? nd again looks pure awesome. ;)

Héhéhéhé, like I said above, doing these organic stuff is quiet differant from area modelling.

You're insane. THAT is some solid new ground on what will undoubtedly be an amazing area. Great work! Feels very cramped and urban to me - in a good way.

Looks like I did it good, exactly the feeling I was after.

Looks like this stuff could be connected up with your previously released "Crazy Nights" modules to make it even larger. Here are some comparisons so others can figure out what I'm talking about:

Well, this is sort of "Crazy Nights" version 2.0, light version :)

I won't re-use the previous model, there where some flaws in it's layout.

Though, I did learn out of it. So I'm using its look and feel to create 2 street sections. The second one, will be a more general, larger area to explore.

It'll be a link to the other modules. Plus it'll need a shop or two. Always fun to add merchants in a real shop. Not just some guy standing there with apperently a ton of stuff up his sleeves and in his pants. Or a unamed dark part of his body :lol:

However, I'll agree that the cantina might be a great module to finish up first.

Well, it's smaller and I want to test something out for the lightmaps. I've added a plugin to 3Ds Max, that combines all lightmaps from each object into one big lightmap. That would save a ton of Mb's and it will allow me to do nice quality renders of said lightmaps.

Untill now I ended up with a lot of smaller lightmaps, sometimes well over a 100. So it wasn't really possible to make those into 512x512 size. As that would inflate the Mb of the mod out of proportion.

Ack, I just hope it will all work OK in the game.

LucasArts should just come to this forum and say: "Everyone here pitch in and make a new star wars game. You make it and we publish it"

From what I can see in this thread, it would be the best game of all time

Héhéhé, would be fun to have LA around. But keep on dreaming. Only Kotor new fix will be that MMO. Which doesn't make jump for joy, nor do I despise it. Wait and see.

We are indeed lucky to have had great modders over the years and many have continued to work to enhance these great games.

True, Holowan had, ahum... HAS a nice bunch of modders still active, in various degrees, that deliver fun addition to both games. Be they minor or really BIG :lol:

I don't count, I haven't released a mod worth mentioning. Sure a reskin here or an odd little item there, minor junk compared to some other mods out there.

Anyway, in for a minor update. Cantina has chairs and tables; other parts got a texture. Now it's only making some extra textures for the dance floors. And the big tapping machines; to serve drinks ofcourse. No cantina without a leathal dose of intergalatic booz!!! :lol:

Friendly small pics:

Show spoiler

Clubby011.jpg

Clubby012.jpg

Clubby013.jpg

Big 56K destroying pics:

Show spoiler
clubby012.jpgclubby011.jpg

Though I should go more light on the preview thing; All 3 pics took about an hour to render >_>

Héhéhé, would be fun to have LA around. But keep on dreaming. Only Kotor new fix will be that MMO. Which doesn't make jump for joy, nor do I despise it. Wait and see.

True, Holowan had, ahum... HAS a nice bunch of modders still active, in various degrees, that deliver fun addition to both games. Be they minor or really BIG :lol:

I don't count, I haven't released a mod worth mentioning. Sure a reskin here or an odd little item there, minor junk compared to some other mods out there.

Anyway, in for a minor update. Cantina has chairs and tables; other parts got a texture. Now it's only making some extra textures for the dance floors. And the big tapping machines; to serve drinks ofcourse. No cantina without a leathal dose of intergalatic booz!!! :lol:

Friendly small pics:

Show spoiler

Clubby011.jpg

Clubby012.jpg

Clubby013.jpg

Big 56K destroying pics:

Show spoiler
clubby012.jpgclubby011.jpg

Though I should go more light on the preview thing; All 3 pics took about an hour to render >_>

You and Disbeliever were going to release a mod plus you did get several other times to release a mod. :thmbup1:

All of your areas are briliant.

Some top notch and smeeeeexy stuff here!

Let's just hope KotOR is friendly when you try to get them in the game!

I wouldn't count on it :lol:

I'm certain I'll be cursing on the darn thing for being so stubborn on messing up my models.

In other news; me and Darth Insidious had a very productive chat session on Skype. I asked Mr. Insidious for some help and if the idea I had for this mod was worth persueing till the end.

So we threw around a few ideas. The basic outline, my idea, was good enough, just the further details needed more attention. I wasn't certain where to go with it all, to form up a decent "story".

Rest assured this will not be your typical SW Jedi fan written hogwash. Out with the Force and the hocus pocus, mystical stuff. In with the guns, bounty hunters: scoundrelss and smuggelrs.

I won't be spilling to much details this early on. As I've now have a ruff version of the plot. A ton of details still remain very vague. Well except the tapes, with the Twi lek p*rnzor are essential to the plot... but I'm runn'n ahead to much. :animelol:

Names, dialogue all that jazz. But I've got enough to know what needs to be modelled and the scale things need to be.

Anyway, enough of this babbleling. Time for some quick rendershots. Letting the club module rest for a bit. Don't feel like doing texture making. So I started a street section. Infact I consider it to be the "heart" of the mod. This area will link allmost other areas together.

Have a peak:

streetprev0004.jpg

streetprev0003.jpg

streetprev0001.jpg

streetprev0002.jpg

If these new areas are for Coruscant, will they eventually connect up to the Jedi Temple that Sithspecter recently showed in his thread?

No, it's not set on Coruscant.

Nar-Shaddaa-esque, intriguing.

This man, eh or girl :lol:

Wins a cookie!

The story is set in Nar Shaddaa. You'll be doing work for Vogga the Hutt to: infact Vogga is getting a new throne room. The one at the docks in TSL looks so out of location. Really, a rich powerfull Hutt would live a tiny poor looking thing like that.

His room will still be at the docks in the Refugee Sector. But once you take the elevator up, it'll be grandiouso looking, fitting for a Hutt.

The rest of the mod will be set in the entertainment sector, a far more richer and lively place then the wretched poor Refugee thing from TSL.

It's still Nar Shaddaa though, not bling bling Coruscant. :-p

Just plainly awesome! Those are the mods I love.

I kinda felt the same about Nar Shaddaa. Where's all the fun and blingbling? And Vogga? He's a damn Hutt crimelord! So, this looks just perfect, Quanon!

Just one thing ... erhm ... will it be TSLRCM-compatible? They made a lot of changes on Nar Shaddaa, especially the docks sector.

Nar Shaddaa - the other wretched hive of scum and villiany. I wonder if you'll put in the rickety walkways as seen in other iterations of Nar Shaddaa.

When you said it was going to be for Nar Shaddaa, I remembered a part of Scorchy's walk through that I thought you may find interesting, which I'll quote below:

Bonus Video - Let's Play Jedi Knight II: Outcast!

No, I'm not really going to play Jedi Knight II. It's just a quick 1 minute video for people who haven't played Jedi Knight II: Outcast, and want to see the Nar Shaddaa level. It was what I was sort of expecting when I heard Nar Shaddaa would be in KOTOR 2. Dark, but with lots of neon lights to spice it up; narrow walkways and buildings; most of all, I was hoping for the sense of a vertical city, running UP buildings rather than ACROSS them, which is what we got in KOTOR 2. I guess a lot of that had to do with engine limitations.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?do...873282708183934

I thought it might be helpful - somehow.

Archived