Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got about a 3-hour walk in today.

My feet are blistered and my legs ache, and I don't feel like it was really anywhere near enough... but I guess it's a start.

Could be weeks before I get another one like that in again.

i bought new shoes for running. they just better alleviate the shin splints. running 3 miles a day on the treadmill and i'm not in the mood to break a good habit over a little pain.

those shoes cost me like $95. expensive!!!

work called me wanting to know if i could help with the new moon release on friday. i told them i had plans. (maybe if i was 18 i would have helped) i'm thinking of going to a movie. green zone or alice in wonderland 3d. probably go to it by myself since i'm such a nice guy and all.

right now i feel like shaving my skull. tired of crappy hair. maybe i should go for some facial reconstruction while i'm at it. -_-

Downloaded Perfect Dark on XBLA last night and played a good bit. Man, that is still an amazing game, and the update is perfect - doesn't really change anything, but makes the blurry, slow N64 graphics look sharp and smooth, and adapts the controls to a modern, two-stick controller. Very, very nice. Anyone else here get it/plan on getting it?

Hiya Peeps. :thmbup1: Well my girl is now done selling cookies, I think she sold about 240 boxes. We did alot of standing at stores on the weekends selling. That was boring to say the least.

My son started baseball. He tried out for the "majors" (11-12) league and made it. His team name is the Mariners, how ironic.. Practice started out as Mondays,Wed and Sat, then after a week we added Thurs, then Fridays. 5 days a wek of baseball, boyscouts on monday night. (BB from 5-6:30 then scouts from 7-8:30) plus piano.

Last week he had a baseball jamboree. 2 games on Sat and 2 on Sunday. All the while my girl was selling cookies. 2 hours Friday night then 4 hour stretches on both Sat and Sun.

DAMN....

Gabes first league game was last night, they crushed a team 20-1, we play the same team Sat morning, then leave for his boyscout camp out.

This kid thing is tiring. :)

in the next 18 hours for me

Get a haircut, get food, Skip (that means Captain a Team) a curling game, drink, get ready for trip

Sleep

Drive up in the morning to La Crosse to see my Lady and *gasp* her parents. Hopefully the snow that is hitting us will not be detrimental to the traveling.

WOW. I just played in one of the best games I have ever participated in as a skip.

US__ 0 0 1 1 0 2 1 1

THEM 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 0

Missed a take out in the 1st end to allow them to score 3. In the 2nd end, the opposing shot rock was ONE INCH behind the pin (center) and I did a hit and roll off an opposing rock 2 feet away to cover the pin. PERFECT shot. Allowed me to steal in the 4th.

In the 5th end I was a bit too heavy on 2 draws which allowed them a difficult shot that they made to score 2.

Missed a tight draw to score 3 in the 6th and ended up scoring only 2

in the 7th I made a perfect come-around to the button to steal and tie the game up for the last end.

in the last end. for my last shot I had to make a double bump. Ended up sitting 2 on the tee line side by side touching. With an opposing rock on top and below biting the 4 foot. another near perfect shot, and the opposing skip had to counter with a low percentage double peel. I ended up winning the game by only a quarter of an inch.

What a way to end the week.

WOW. I just played in one of the best games I have ever participated in as a skip.

US__ 0 0 1 1 0 2 1 1

THEM 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 0

Missed a take out in the 1st end to allow them to score 3. In the 2nd end, the opposing shot rock was ONE INCH behind the pin (center) and I did a hit and roll off an opposing rock 2 feet away to cover the pin. PERFECT shot. Allowed me to steal in the 4th.

In the 5th end I was a bit too heavy on 2 draws which allowed them a difficult shot that they made to score 2.

Missed a tight draw to score 3 in the 6th and ended up scoring only 2

in the 7th I made a perfect come-around to the button to steal and tie the game up for the last end.

in the last end. for my last shot I had to make a double bump. Ended up sitting 2 on the tee line side by side touching. With an opposing rock on top and below biting the 4 foot. another near perfect shot, and the opposing skip had to counter with a low percentage double peel. I ended up winning the game by only a quarter of an inch.

What a way to end the week.

Old... but apropos:

pancake-bunny.jpg

;P

:joy:

Last Friday night was a repeat of the previous Friday night. Out to a bar with a few guys from work for an hour or so, then one of them and I went back to his place for some gaming - House of the Dead: Overkill on the Wii. It's OK.

Also, we ordered some Domino's pizza. I wanted to try their new recipe or whatever. I was intrigued by their commercials that admitted their pizza sucked and they were fixing it. Now, I haven't had Domino's in like 15 years, so I don't really remember what it tasted like before. The new one is...OK, not super impressive or anything. Honestly, it's hard to make really bad pizza. It's bread and sauce and cheese. How can you screw that up? Now, you can make it awesome, but it's hard to make it absolutely terrible. (Actually, I do kind of remember Little Caesar's sucking.) Anyway, as far as major pizza chains go, I say Pizza Hut still wins, followed by Papa John's and Domino's. I like the Domino's sauce a little better than Papa John's, because Papa John's has kind of a sweet taste to it that doesn't really do anything for me. But Papa John's is otherwise equal or maybe a little better than Domino's.

You know, I should be a food critic. That has to be one of the best jobs ever. You just go to a bunch of fancy restaurants and eat awesome, free food. Actually, being a critic of any kind would be awesome. You just get to listen to music/watch movies/play video games/whatever all day. Although I suppose that constantly HAVING to do these things, and come up with detailed reviews of all of them might kind of ruin the fun of it. I guess I'll stick with software engineering...

For pizza I think we all have locally owned joints that would prefer over the large chains. Fresh ingredients are the key to any good pizza. Most chains rely on frozen dough and tubs of sauce delivered to their store. while the local places have to spend time making it on their own.

if you are ever in the Madison area, try Glass Nickel Pizza.

sadly where my parents live the only place that delivers is Pizza Hutt. XP

Yesterday was hopefully the end of the stretch of really long days for a while.

Ugh.

It's gonna take me a while to catch up on rest and recover from this Spring Break. :dozey:

But the paycheck will be epic. :) (Unless all the extra money bumps me up into such a higher tax-bracket that most of the extra pay gets slashed right out of my take-home, that is...)

More rain on the way. Hooray. :rolleyes:

Archived