Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

All the IMAX 3D showings were still sold out up to the last day it played around here.

Didn't look into non-IMAX 3D, since the folks I would have gone to see it with are all IMAX junkies.

I guess I was just never really all that excited about seeing it in the first place.

you get cool 3d donald fagen sunglasses at the non-imax ones

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got stuck sitting through a 3-hour comedy show tonight. All in Russian.

It was a long night.

I wasn't even at the board... the comedian had his own engineer. He just insisted I stay close in case something went wrong... with the one mic. :rolleyes:

It was like torture.

Well... I got a HD cable box today... and a 7.1 receiver with 4 HDMI inputs. It's last year's top-o-the-line Sony... but it was on clearance for a couple of hundred off.

Hook all that up tomorrow night after work. Fun times!

I hate setting up recievers and sound systems. It makes me want to hurt small woodland creatures.
Sound system signal flow is my life.

A consumer level 7.1 system shouldn't offer much of a headache.

I'm just swapping out a 10 year old 5.1 receiver for the new one, anyway. All the speaker cables are already run. Just need to unplug them from the old unit, and connect them to the new one.

good times...trying to clear my sinus infection before 5 tonight. 5 tablespoons of cayenne pepper and white vinegar was ingested last night, helped me to sleep since it pretty much dried out the post nasal drip. woke up a little stuffy. taking advil cold and sinus.

resubscribed to star wars galaxies. They finally removed the prone requirement to use sniper shot special, which always happened to not fire when i used it cause had to use the macro. :)

got all my laundry done, it was about a month's worth of laundry.

gotta pay my friend the rest of what i owe him for the place we're staying at in ocean city maryland.

Cable box is screwy. Oh joy... Think they may have given me a wrong one.

The surround speakers are working OK, however. Need to procure 2 more to get the full effect. That shouldn't be too difficult. And another HDMI cable... One short of hooking up everything.

Walked over 4 hours today. I feel good (though achy...) but haven't seen too much in the way of results yet. I guess it takes time. My feet are getting tougher though...

Hooked my VCR through the receiver to see what a tape looked like on the big screen.

Not good. Don't think I'll be doing that much.

Maybe I'll keep an old Lo-Def TV around just for that sole purpose.

Or hook the VCR up to the small screen flat panel TV I have. The awfulness may not be as noticeable that way...

might be taking some girls out tomorrow night. i'll post pics if it happens.

well it didnt happen...with the girls i intended to bring out, one of them had a sinus infection...kinda hung out with some random chicks instead!

yeaaaaahhhh

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

one on the left was hottttttttttttttttttttttt

(and i got her #, but i think she was too wasted to remember but ill call her tomorrow anyway just for a laugh)

awww your such a sour puss ocean city is the mother ****in ****!!!! im going there 3rd week of june!!!

Well, it does kinda suck overall, but it sucks especially in mid-May when it's not really beach weather yet. But whatever. Hopefully one of the boardwalk arcades will still have Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. And I'll hit some seafood restaurants.

OK... reset the cable box before bed last night; called the activation number again; and now it seems better this morning.

Freaks out occasionally when I try to play HD content On Demand, however. That could be a problem... It doesn't have a clock readout on the front of the box anymore either... I'm gonna miss that.

Dunno... I'll have to look it up.

I think it's the cable box, though... I clicked on a HD video, and it just shut itself off, and then took forever to reboot. Did the same thing twice on the same video.

A different HD On Demand vid worked fine, however... and all the HD channels are fine too.

called the girl and got annoyed....lets just say she's your typical nice girl with the wrong guy and doesnt know how to leave him and is interested in another guy that apparently 'has it all' (looks and farm/planes etc) so eh i dont know. i dont really want to be a ****ing shoulder to cry on.

should i get to know her better? idk what to do here, she seems interested to an extent.

Archived