Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought a Vizio 37" 1080p 120Hz HDTV and a PS3 today.

No games yet. Gonna set it up after dinner and watch Iron Man or Avatar on Blu-Ray, though.

EDIT:

My cable box isn't HD-compatible. :(

PS3 is updating as I type this.

Now I want an HD receiver that takes the audio from the HDMI ports... that way I can do all my component switching from a single remote.

Maybe for my birthday...

Bought a Vizio 37" 1080p 120Hz HDTV and a PS3 today.

No games yet. Gonna set it up after dinner and watch Iron Man or Avatar on Blu-Ray, though.

EDIT:

My cable box isn't HD-compatible. :(

PS3 is updating as I type this.

Now I want an HD receiver that takes the audio from the HDMI ports... that way I can do all my component switching from a single remote.

Maybe for my birthday...

get an Onkyo

best bang for the buck in receivers

had a blast last night. work today went by rather well, busy all day so i didn't really get a chance to feel tired. going to relax a little tomorrow...hopefully i can get my daily run routine back, it's just ridiculously cold out anymore though...ankles and heels aren't hurting as much since i've been wearing my boots to work instead of my running shoes.

Walked the Cape Cod Canal. 7 miles each way. A 14 mile round trip took me a little over 3 hours. I was going at a pretty good clip.

Gave myself a couple of pretty good blisters too.

Oh well.

Fell asleep as soon as I got home. Just woke up.

nice, ed. when are you doing the boston marathon? :p

I just checked into the trial of SWG, making sure im not blowing $15 on checking out if my framerate prob is still there. it's fixed!!!! so payday i'm resubbing. I almost cannot wait. :)

No marathons for me, thanks. I don't run. Bad for my knees. Plus, I'd probably be coughing up blood after 5 minutes. I'll stick to walking.

However: I'm sure I could probably walk a marathon distance with a tiny bit more training (and lot more toughening-up of my feet...)

My plan is to do 2 full laps of the canal (28 miles) by late summer/ early fall. Or maybe I should start on the other side of the canal: that track is only 6.5 miles long. (A 13 mile round trip... 26 miles for 2 laps. Perfect... I honestly don't know why all my marathon runner friends don't train there.)

R15, have you looked into SWGemu.com? It's an open (free) SWG server emulation with the game as it was prior to the CU.

no, i don't know anybody that plays on that...i like the nge as it is right now, very diverse, as in...NOT EVERYBODY IS A JEDI. that's what i didn't get about pre-cu, all it was was a grind to get to jedi so you could PWN.

the one thing i miss about pre-cu was the TEFs.

Limewire is one of the reasons I keep making budgets all day at Geek Squad. Dumbasses,
Also known as: Job Security. :dozey:

Watched Avatar on Blu-Ray. It was... lengthy.

Good... But not seeing it in the theater doesn't seem like that great a loss.

went running this morning, despite having a small fever and sore throat and it being below 50 degrees out....should have taken a crap first...i ran 1.5 miles in 12 minutes, and 16 seconds. i then had to stop cause i really had to go to the bathroom. :( I had a pretty good pace going too, was running about 2 minute laps. I wish i could have ran those last 2 laps. i'm off wednesday and thursday, so maybe one of those days. though it's supposed to rain both days. :rolleyes:

I thought the only point of that movie was to experience the visuals in 3D digital IMAX or whatever.
Pretty much... but mom really wanted to see it, so I watched it with her,.. and now I don't regret not spending a lot of time, money, or effort trying to get into a crowded IMAX or 3D showing.

It was OK... but it would have been too long to sit in a theater (for a non-Lord Of The Rings movie, anyway...)

it was easy to get into 3D man, it was in the theater for a friggin month

went running this morning, despite having a small fever and sore throat and it being below 50 degrees out....should have taken a crap first...i ran 1.5 miles in 12 minutes, and 16 seconds. i then had to stop cause i really had to go to the bathroom. :( I had a pretty good pace going too, was running about 2 minute laps. I wish i could have ran those last 2 laps. i'm off wednesday and thursday, so maybe one of those days. though it's supposed to rain both days. :rolleyes:

wtf. thanks for the overshare:raise:

All the IMAX 3D showings were still sold out up to the last day it played around here.

Didn't look into non-IMAX 3D, since the folks I would have gone to see it with are all IMAX junkies.

I guess I was just never really all that excited about seeing it in the first place.

Archived