Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keyan, the SSPX became schismatic when Lefebvre ordained 4 bishops against the orders of Pope JPII. Benedict XVI has since rescinded the excommunications of some of the SSPX people, not sure if it was those bishops or not, but he definitely has made efforts to reconcile the two sides.

In fact, it was only the four bishops that were excommunicated, and those excommunications have now been lifted. But they are still not schismatics. Cardinal Castrillón, President of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, which handles these matters, said this on the matter:

"The bishops, priests and faithful of the Society of St Pius X are not schismatics. It is Archbishop Lefebrve who has undertaken an illicit episcopal consecration and therefore performed a schismatic act. It is for this reason that the Bishops consecrated by him have been suspended and excommunicated. The priests and faithful of the Society have not been excommunicated. They are not heretics."

In fact, the laity who attend the SSPX masses fulfill their Sunday obligation by doing so, and incur no sin in the process. That said, I personally would not attend one unless I had no other choice, nor would I encourage anyone else to do so.

Ed, your life just got worse...there's a "boil water" order in effect for MWRA communities east of Weston (including Boston) due to a leak in a major water pipe in Weston. :|
Yeah... I heard.

I think I have enough water in the fridge (in the Brita and in drinking bottles) from before this to get by for a day or 2 if I ration.

Show tonight was better. Still not good... but technically smoother.

went out with my friend last night. got home at like 4 this morning slept til 11:30...

getting ready to go run at the track...unless there's kids up there. -_- if thats the case, then i'll hold off til tomorrow at 5-6, since i'm opening shift all week. the worst shift available.

I'm sort of considering calling the marines recruiter and seeing if i can't join the darker dark side and if my having failed army basic would have any negative affect.

eh no, i'm considering alternatives if i can't get back in the army.

some of you people fail to realize why i got discharged. failing the APFT (i think i took it 3 times at bct), which is pushups, situps, and 2 mile run. I was told by my recruiter and his station commander that in order for me to get back in I have to pass the APFT at 60% in each event, so that's what I have been training to do. at basic i couldn't even make 50%, which was the standard to graduate and move on to AIT. I'm pretty sure I could pass the BCT 50% standard now, which is 2 miles in 17:30, 31 pushups in 2 minutes, and 43 situps in 2 minutes. well, i need some more training on the situps (i can do about 40) but the pushups i can knock out just over 50. of course the standard was different when i was 20, and now im 26. and it changes again for me when i turn 27. not that i care to be just at the standard, i'd like to be maxing at what the 17-21 year olds standards are.

winter just obliterated my 2 mile running, but i'm quickly getting back on track.

I just killed 20 seconds on my 2 mile run. I just got back from running it in 17:03, so i just gotta take 27 seconds off that to be at 60% for the 2 mile run, my personal goal is 16:00 2 mile, that way it won't be an issue when I get to basic.

It's sort of funny that my time improved after not having ran in the last 2 days plus going out drinking on thursday and last night. thinking the 2 days rest my feet/legs put my time up. My pacing seemed to be great aside from the 6th and 7th lap i had to push myself. i ran the 1st mile in a little over 8 minutes think it was 8:5, i was around 12:40 for the mile and a half.

We're slacking...

Took a walk today, but didn't get all that far. It was blazing hot, and the beach was crowded. Only about 5 miles before I called it quits.

Went over a friend's house for his birthday party in the evening. It was pretty chill... but I didn't stay too long. I'm just really wiped out from the last couple of weeks. Need about a month off to get back into psychological and physical trim again.

Keyan, I always learned it as "valid but not licit" when it comes to SSPX sacraments. The 4 bishops are certainly valid, but since they were ordained in disobedience to the Holy See, they are (or were, at least) illicit. Furthermore, any priests that those 4 bishops would have ordained would have been illicit, possibly invalid since they were excommunicated.

I think the SSPX sunday obligation thing is only if you can't get to a non SSPX mass, but again, this is all from information i learned in high school which was 15+ years ago.

Played some Super Street Fighter IV tonight. Not bad. Pretty similar to...regular Street Fighter IV.

You playing it on 360, Keyan? If you are, gimme your gamertag so we can smash it up online. Don't worry, I'm terrible at the game. :D

Finished a 31 lap race in Forza 3 the other day... probably one of the most monotonous hours of my life. Just a whole bunch more to go now, in slower cars. :indif:

I really kinda prefer the speedways. Hate all those twisties and turns and extreme angular turns.
I'm the total opposite. Oval Speedways and drag racing make me yawn.

They have their place... but I like finding the perfect line through a tight corner... and seeing how little and how late I can brake and not skid off the track, or lose all my speed to understeer/ oversteer.

I love putting a well balanced car as fast as possible around an extreme track like the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Or clawing my way to the front from the back of the pack at Silverstone.

Good times!

You playing it on 360, Keyan? If you are, gimme your gamertag so we can smash it up online. Don't worry, I'm terrible at the game. :D

Yeah, my gamertag is cgraye. I don't get on much, though, so if you want to play we should set up a time. I am also quite terrible. And the dang X-box controller doesn't help, which is terrible for this game.

aw crap, you said best buy, now Crackles is going to product post pump. :p

j/k

I'm getting ready for my finals that'll start next week

but on my side time I made a few silly intro's for the LC for Jae to check out then pre-approve anything.

I need a steering wheel for the XBox... since I've decided that driving games are really my thing, baby.

A flightstick for the slight sims I have would be real nice, too... but of the 2, the wheel would make me happier.

I've also decided that I'll probably get a PS3 when the full version of GT5 is released.

Maybe sooner, since I really want a Blu-Ray player anyway.

Just finished up the Class F 34-lap endurance race in Forza 3. My Supra was pretty unrecognizable by the time it crossed the finish line. Now I just have the R1 endurance race left at Nurburgring, then I'll be done with the super long races and can focus on the factory-spec races.

Just hope I can get everything done before Red Dead Redemption comes out next week and sucks up all of my time. :D

I'm trying to finish all the races in the entire game... so I've been picking a race series a day in the Event List, and completing that. I really haven't been concentrating on the career mode too much... though my earnings are now up to the point where I can pretty much buy and upgrade any car available.

I have well over 100 cars to choose from at this point, however, anyway.

Now that the spring semester concert season is winding down at work, I might have some free time at night again for a while. I hope to get this game done in a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking about picking up Need For Speed: Shift and maybe Dirt 2 to break things up a bit. Different cars... different tracks.

Archived