Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

I just downloaded the Arcade app on XBox Live.

There's some pretty cool games there... Tempest... Red Baron... all the Atari 2600 titles...

Don't know if I'd play any of them enough to actually pay for them though. Could be fun though.

Tonight at work should be easy. Tomorrow and Sat... not so much. :rolleyes: Long days too... 10 am until midnight.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trying to get back into Halo Multiplayer.....free for all ranked, trying for achievements and failing. realizing why i stopped playing it to begin with! team slayer is more fun. i'll still buy Halo: REACH on release night. i've bought the last 2 (halo wars dont count) on release night. :) ODST has a pretty neat single player, aside from not being able to play during daylight hours due to glare on the screen!!!!!!!!! whose ****ing idea was it to make 3/4 of the game pitch black anyway?

oh yes, i got my 2 mile run in today while my mom was at an interview, i killed 3 seconds off my last time. (so my time is now 17:23, 57 seconds left to kill to meet minimum apft standard for the 2 mile run to enlist) and this was after eating 3 slices of french toast and 2 cups of coffee! plus insane wind gusts that still have my coughing. I tried something a little different at the track this time, I started at a corner, made it a little easier to sprint to. my ankles hurt the first 2 laps after that the wind just annoyed the hell out of me. -_- just glad i beat my last time.

Ahh... There's nothing quite like the feeling when you leave work a bit early, knowing that you have an early morning ahead of you... Only to be caught in what might be a 3+ hour commute because of an electrical fire at the main subway hub of the city.

I believe that feeling is called "Rage." :dozey:

I spent almost an hour so far to go a distance I could have walked in a fraction of the time. Stuck between stations underground on a very crowded train, with a bunch of loudmouthed drunks... One of which spent the entire time puking on his shoes.

I got a pretty good picture of what my Hell might be like.

On a bus now... Probably at least an hour before I get back to my car... Longer before I can get home.

Good thing I can sleep all the way until 6am tomorrow. :rolleyes:

oh man after not drinking for 5 weeks then last night happened....$3 mixed drink pitchers...i lost count after 2. did a check on my money i had left over and estimate i had 4 pitchers altogether...lost my glasses, so that sucks!!! wearing my BCGs. :)

2 - 4 hours sleep... not really enough, I must say.

Longest day of my life. (What a coincidence that it comes right after the longest night of my life. Funny that.)

Student written, produced, acted musical about the death of Michael Jackson. Yeah. About what you'd imagine...

Only worse.

And as disorganized as a huge steaming pile of ****. Imagine taking a huge steaming pile of ****, and trying to figure out what kind of food it once was, and attempting to put it back together into a recognizable facsimile of that food...

That's kinda what my day was like.

Only worse.

Keyan, the SSPX became schismatic when Lefebvre ordained 4 bishops against the orders of Pope JPII. Benedict XVI has since rescinded the excommunications of some of the SSPX people, not sure if it was those bishops or not, but he definitely has made efforts to reconcile the two sides.

K_K, your arguments are interesting, to say the least. I still get surprised when I hear what people on the outside think of what goes on in the Catholic church.

Keyan can probably attest to some of what I am about to say given that he lives in the region, but the fact is that there is a big disparity among how different dioceses choose to follow (or not follow, as the case may be) the rubrics for celebrating the Mass. I have lived in Northern Virginia, in the diocese of Arlington, where the church is strong and faithful (for the most part), always has a sizable number of vocations to the priesthood, and has a lot of priests who are good and obedient. Now, I live in southern California, which is the polar opposite. Granted, I can still recognize the Mass as the Mass, but priests and bishops in this area tend to be very liberal, bend and break the rubrics as they see fit, teach falsely from the pulpit, and promote all kinds of liberal, humanistic hogwash as doctrine.

People flock to the Latin Mass in areas like SoCal because it is a refuge from disobedient priests and liberal bishops. The faithful NEED the Latin mass in spiritual deserts like this. It is an oasis, where they can be certain that the priest is not ad-libbing and is truly dedicated to preserving the sanctity of the sacrament.

When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I usually come away with some sort of anger at something that was done incorrectly during the mass. You can think of that what you will. I'm not saying it is right or wrong of me to feel that way. When I go to a Latin mass, I am able to avoid such distractions. Were I back east, the odds of me being upset after a Mass said in English would be a lot slimmer, simply because there are better priests out there.

Until the rotten priests and bishops are rooted out (Cardinal Mahony is retiring this year!!) and the abuses of the new liturgy are corrected, the Latin Mass will continue to be necessary. Even after that, though, it will always be retained as part of the rich history of the church, and, if the Vatican II documents are truly followed, more Latin will be incorporated into the Novus Ordo. It is the language of the Church, after all.

2 - 4 hours sleep... not really enough, I must say.

Longest day of my life. (What a coincidence that it comes right after the longest night of my life. Funny that.)

Student written, produced, acted musical about the death of Michael Jackson. Yeah. About what you'd imagine...

Only worse.

And as disorganized as a huge steaming pile of ****. Imagine taking a huge steaming pile of ****, and trying to figure out what kind of food it once was, and attempting to put it back together into a recognizable facsimile of that food...

That's kinda what my day was like.

Only worse.

:eek:

Archived