Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

All good ideas, but I won't add it onto the Harbinger because a lot of people, myself included, skip Peragus.

What do you guys think of these stats:

Armored Republic Robes:

Defense Bonus 7

Strength +2

Dexterity +1

Jedi General Robes:

Defense Bonus 5

Charisma +2

Wisdom +1

I wanted to make them "good" items, but by no means overpowered. Opinions?

Edit: Used Jag Bralor's idea and I fixed up my other robe. This will be the skin for that robe now.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
jedigen4.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mean the little patch where the medals and stuff are? Yeah it looks kinda strange by default because it has it's own part of the UVmap. I'll try my best to fix it but I dunno how close I can come to making it look "right".

What I'd do (in Photoshop), is carefully cut out the medals and put them on a separate layer. Then I'd copy the clean portion of the jacket and move it to a layer behind the medals. That way, the colour will always match on both halves. If it doesn't quite look right after doing that, it may need a little bit of shadow cast from the medals onto the jacket (I always keep it on a different layer, or use the "drop shadow" blending mode).

Ya know, that blue-ish robe kinda fits(even with the tan areas) as there where blue robes in K1.

Perhaps this is the Battle version of that one?

There is a yellow-ish area near the collar that seems out of place though, could you make that match the tan areas of the robe?

Thanks everyone! As the robes mod is coming to a close, I might have a new project. In the modding requests section there was a duros head that could wear normal clothes. I achieved this, but only a little. Here's what I said on that thread:

I successfully attached the Duros head to the body. Body has all working animations and can wear all clothes and armors, but the head is stationary. I know this would be a major problem for a party member, but as a PC head this would not bother me at all. Opinions?[/Quote]

So, opinions? :p

Oh, and by stationary I do not mean 100% does not move. The neck is attached and moves around fine during running and combat and the like, but it lacks the typical "looking around" animations that we are used to our PC heads doing.

Edit: Here's a picture

Show spoiler
duros.png

Oh, and by stationary I do not mean 100% does not move. The neck is attached and moves around fine during running and combat and the like, but it lacks the typical "looking around" animations that we are used to our PC heads doing.

have you tried hex editing, like Miro42's tutorial? I doubt that it would be exactly the same process; it might be more along the lines of copying from an original playable head. Of course, I can't be sure it would work, and I'm not on my own computer so I can't check it out myself.

Wow, I check one minute after a response... Looks like I'm on here all hours of the day, doesn't it? :p

I thought of that and I have no idea how to hex edit but I guess that's what the tutorial is for right? I'll surely give that a try sometime soon. The strange thing is that another method I tried brought over animations but the head floated around a LOT during combat. Im afraid this is because of the animations, but I don't think that's the case. I'll post back the result once I try.

Actually I'm trying to get everything animated but I'm not sure if I can get it to work. If you're like me and don't care because it's a PC head though I can get it to you, since you requested it. Even if I can't figure it out though I'm going to put together a couple more alien heads and release a "beta" pack. I guess the tradeoff as of now would be wearable clothing versus animations.

Show spoiler
reprobe3.png[/url]

Great work Dak, any change of releasing the above model?

I only ask, as I was trying to create the Jedi Armour as seen in The Old Republic trailer, but I was never happy with my experiments with the bottom parts of the robes...

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6707

and

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6704

Should you be interested, here was the template I created for the armour;

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6705

Great work Dak, any change of releasing the above model?

Wow thanks j7. Yes I should be releasing the model you mentioned and the other "jedi general" model shortly. I just have to re-make the republic armor one because I noticed that there was a very bad clipping issue while in combat. But like I said it should be out soon :)

I only ask, as I was trying to create the Jedi Armour as seen in The Old Republic trailer, but I was never happy with my experiments with the bottom parts of the robes...

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6707

and

picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6704

Should you be interested, here was the template I created for the armour;

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6705

Yeah I'd definitely be interested in trying that out. I'll shoot you a PM.

Looks great j7. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you be using any of the metallic EnvironMaps on it?

Oops! I've been meaning to try this but I guess I keep forgetting. That skin would indeed look top-notch if you could use the baremetal shader a bit. It should work.

Oops! I've been meaning to try this but I guess I keep forgetting. That skin would indeed look top-notch if you could use the baremetal shader a bit. It should work.

I think I've finished... So you could have a play with the below if you want, I'm personally not a massive fan of the bare-metal shader myself, partly as I don't think this particular armour would be shiny... However I can email you the skin if you want to have a play? Your also welcome to stick the skin in your pack if you want...

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=435&pictureid=6734

If you were to use a bare metal shader, it should be very sparingly. This armour looks more like it has been painted with matte green, and that's a good thing. Personally, I'd rather put some CM_Bright on the orange bits, since they look like they should be glowing lights.

Excellent texture work, I really get a sense of how tactile it would be. You might want to increase the contrast of the green kneepads and thigh plates, since they're looking a bit flat and undefined.

Well thanks to j7 we now have another armor to include. Everything has been made and the mod is finished. Also thanks to GeorgNihilus you won't have to cheat to get the items either; they'll all be found in-game.

The mod is pending at Kfiles and I'll post a thread at TUCE when it's up.

BTW, j7's skin is called "Jedi Weapon Master Armor" and looks great in-game :)

Another mod I finished. I realized I forgot to include portraits but once it's up I'll post a link or something...

Show spoiler

durosscreen1.jpg

durosscreen2.jpg

durosscreen3.jpg

I just went with the Duro because I found that each of the aliens are very, very different to work with for some reason. I'm making it my priority to figure others out even if they are un-animated, which doesn't bother me, and you mod for yourself right? ;)

Edit: On another note, never realized they had a piano on the Endar Spire...

Archived