Home

Game Testing for TOR Has Begun!

News

Been talking to a Guy I played SWG with, he got invite and says its actually really good, very balanced, no buffs or Statted armor just balanced classes... Its your skill and use of the environment that makes you better or worse than your opponent. He says there is a massive advantage from Playing SWG as a pose to other MMO's. he says the NPC's are almost human in their play style and intelligence hehe (They will line of sight you behind doors and group up on you tactically) the cap is Level 60... erm thats about it atm, he did say you leveled up via the Storyline, but I cant remember much about what he said regarding Story (Very indepth though). He was playing a Force user but switched to Trooper I think. One character per account, and if you switch professions you destroy Character and start again, no Character re-spec choice

well up to now its one toon per account, re-spec means death, so I'd have to say thats how it'll be in game, if anything they would be more lenient in testing as the testers dont get there characters after game release anyway, they have to restart game.

It would make absolutely no sense, at least to me, to only have one character at a time per account. What good would it do them to restrict their player base in such a manner? No MMO I've played in recent memory has limited players to just one character, and I can't imagine why Bioware would do something that shortsighted. I mean if we were talking Sony Online Entertainment I'd get it...

I'm going to have to go with the deduction that because the game is still in its early phases they want to keep the load off their servers and keep their testers focused on one character so they will play and try the content for that character thus making it easier for them to process bugs and what not.

^ Its probably or hopefully because its only Testing, I doubt they'd keep it only 1 class because with more slots theirs replay value meaning more subscription fees = more $

The answer'll probably be to buy a second account, like you're told to do with SWG...

The answer'll probably be to buy a second account, like you're told to do with SWG...

I can't see this happening the big selling point of this game is story and im pretty sure making people only able to play 1 classes story per account would piss almost everyone off and reduce their sales by a good amount, im hoping they'll be smart enough to give us 4-5 slots then allow us to buy the rest with real money which would be better marketing wise like GW did.

Archived