Home

Lucasfilm trademarks STAR WARS DETOURS

Char Ell

As reported by CVG:

Ever heard of Star Wars Detours? Neither had we until today - but it looks like it could be LucasArts' next major video game spin-off.

Parent company LucasFilm has this week filed a US trademark for the Detours name - which locks down the rights to its use in interactive entertainment.

LucasFilm has filed two separate TMs, with the second suggesting Detours could grow to become a major franchise for the company. It references everything from children's books to pencil cases, T-shirts, comics and more.

Detours, eh? I'm not sure this is the detour I was looking for though. Only time will tell I guess.

As well as "pre-recorded audio tapes, video tapes, CD-ROMs, DVDs, compact discs, and video discs", the trademark also references "computer games, animation and music; computer game software; computer game software and manuals sold as a unit; computer video game software; computer video game software and manuals sold as a unit; interactive video game programs; interactive computer game programs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable interactive entertainment software for playing computer games and downloadable interactive entertainment software for playing video games. Oh, and sports helmets.

I'm interested. Lame name, though.

I think it's for when there is work being done on the star tours star wars ride, and as such, you are required to take a different route on the tour... :)

Hopefully that means that you'll still be allowed to take the old ride. It's a motion simulator for **** sake, it's not like it takes up a lot of space. I'd rather have nostalgia destroyed by prequel bull****.

Archived