Home

My new tat

IG-64

Well it started as a "what if" idea years ago, and I've been mulling over it ever since. I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get the only tattoo I've ever considered getting. It symbolizes my love for Nintendo and gaming, my time here on LF, and my internet persona.

IGtat.jpg

What do you guys think?

Hah, you all thought I was cool and could make confident decisions like an adult. April fools!

eface100.png

... this thread went differently in my mind.

There is some truth to this in that this is exactly the tattoo I would get if I ever got one. I wanted to see what it would look like and got a little carried away... I didn't expect you guys to be so supportive, so I feel kind of bad for not having actually gotten it. Though it's nice to know that if I ever did, I would have some support. Perhaps eventually I'll get up the courage to get it for real and I can do this thread over again.

Anyhow, acdc wins cookies. >.>

God dammit you pussy get a tattoo. An awesome nerd tattoo. You're artistic, right? Artsy dudes ****in love tattoos!

> make april fools thread

> regret april fools thread

> remember why I don't get real tattoo

IG, if you DO decide to get the tattoo, it fits your persona. It's funny but we tend to think of our LF avatars as our persona especially for those of us that don't change our avatar every two weeks.

Examples:

We all think of Rhett as a smoking Yoda

I have always been Darth Maul wearing a suit with flames behind me.

RP The Hotrod: Always used the same avatar. As far as I know, some sort of Sniper.

Lady Jedi: A young woman looking away

leXX: While she changes her avatar often, she keeps a running theme. The female heroine in all that is Sci-fi and geek culture.

So yeah if you got the game and watch dude tattooed on you, I think it would fit perfectly.

One think I have learned about tattoos over the years as I have 4 of them. Try to stick to a theme, and only get a tattoo if means something to you. All of my tats are logos. I am obsessed with logos...case and point.

IG, if you DO decide to get the tattoo, it fits your persona. It's funny but we tend to think of our LF avatars as our persona especially for those of us that don't change our avatar every two weeks.

Examples:

We all think of Rhett as a smoking Yoda

I have always been Darth Maul wearing a suit with flames behind me.

RP The Hotrod: Always used the same avatar. As far as I know, some sort of Sniper.

Lady Jedi: A young woman looking away

leXX: While she changes her avatar often, she keeps a running theme. The female heroine in all that is Sci-fi and geek culture.

So yeah if you got the game and watch dude tattooed on you, I think it would fit perfectly.

One think I have learned about tattoos over the years as I have 4 of them. Try to stick to a theme, and only get a

tattoo if means something to you. All of my tats are logos. I am obsessed with logos...case and point.

Bahaha...sniper tattoo.

Sort of like the tat one friend had of Spooky from super mario. And then it had written in cursive underneath it "Spooky!"

That's cool. I guess even though piercings and tattoos are something I'm not too fond of, I always sort of figured if I were to ever get a tat, it would be of a laser symbol. Just not sure which color I'd want it to be.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
laser_symbol_1.gif

It symbolizes more or less my coming into adulthood. I built a nitrogen gas laser for my senior project in high school. It was an assignment for school, but it was the *first* time I ever really wanted to do an assignment for school. Also was the first time that I ever followed something with such enthusiasm as a direction in life. Nothing before it ever did pull like that and even though I have moved onto other things, nothing has ever driven me like that since.

Yeah I agree with Groovy, if it fits you, go with it.

And uh, yeah I guess Groovy has a point...I guess if Av= persona, no wonder some of you see me as a nutcase/nuissance. For what it's worth, thanks Groovy. Maybe this is a step towards less apathy in life. I'll try to keep a running theme for coherence sake. Kind of running out of different avs ideas to use every month anyways. Unpredictable is one thing but scatterbrained is not a strength.

Archived