Home

Fallen Guardian's Random Modding WIP

Fallen Guardian

New Galaxy Map:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9202

Great touch with the added text. I always thought that the map would show the last visited planet, but I never paid too much attention. Still, it works nicely - especially with high-res. Another good one man!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, those ebon hawk textures looks great! such an improvement. I noticed the planets are showing on your new galaxy map, what if we had a planet mod installed? I guess it would become outdated :xp:

Thanks. Yeah, there's not really much I can do about that. :(

Great touch with the added text. I always thought that the map would show the last visited planet, but I never paid too much attention. Still, it works nicely - especially with high-res. Another good one man!

Thanks Cpt.

Great stuff FG! I'm glad someone finally upgraded that texture. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Rinku.

Alrighty then, and here's another new texture for you guys:

Show spoiler
Old

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9205

New

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9203

Show spoiler
Old

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9206

New

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9204

Another great job FG.

Thanks again Cpt.

Wonderful!

Why does that remind me of that glass thing in the Shadow Broker's Base?

Thanks LDR. Haha, I don't know why. BioWare's magical? At least in the stuff not regarding ME3's ending.

Beautiful!! You continue to impress me FG.

Thanks!

Nice! These are quite quality. Will they be released in some sort of Ebon Hawk Improvement Pack? I wish Vurt was still around, you two could double-handedly revamp all of KotOR 2.

Thanks Z. Yeah, they'll all be released in an Ebon Hawk improvement pack, once I'm through improving everything I can. And thanks. Vurt would definitely be the better of the pair though.

Oh man, excellent work with all the textures. I especially like what you did with the galaxy map: it did always bug me that something you click so often on the game didn't get a better treatment.

Thanks Ctrl Alt Del!

And here's another texture. This one was originally 64X64, but I've changed it to be 875X875. I had to do a little imagining due to the poor vanilla texture and I think I might change the metal's color as well as increase the brightness, but this is basically how it'll look.

Show spoiler
Old

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9208

New

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9207

Show spoiler
Old

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9209

New

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9210

Thanks Z. Yeah, they'll all be released in an Ebon Hawk improvement pack, once I'm through improving everything I can. And thanks. Vurt would definitely be the better of the pair though.

Don't sell yourself short, this stuff is great! That new one is very crisp.

1) Well, seeing as LTA_SCRE02 is only a KotOR I asset, I don't really see how it could be included in Knights 2, unless there's some awesome loophole I'm not seeing.

Release the LTA_SCRE02 mod as a KotOR1 mod. If folks decided to rename that picture file . . . I don't know . . . "LEH_scre02" and put it in their KotOR2 override folder, then I imagine it would work in TSL.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Don't sell yourself short, this stuff is great! That new one is very crisp.

Thanks Z.

Love it.

Shame it'll be KOTOR1 only...

Thanks HH. Though, it's K1 only for the textures that I borrowed KotOR 1 resources for.

Never gonna use normal ebon hawk again after this comes out, so much better.

Thanks.

Can't wait for the Ebon Hawk improvements. Will you be able to release a similar one for TSL?

Thanks, and yeah. I believe so.

Release the LTA_SCRE02 mod as a KotOR1 mod. If folks decided to rename that picture file . . . I don't know . . . "LEH_scre02" and put it in their KotOR2 override folder, then I imagine it would work in TSL.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Hypothetically speaking here, but one would simply just have to choose to drop the files into the other override. No renaming.

Anyway, here's a new texture:

Show spoiler
Old

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9213

New

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9212

• 6 months later...

Thanks for those of you who commented. (Also sorry it took me... a while to reply.)

I've been tinkering around with the idea of releasing those textures over the past few months, but I haven't come to a decision yet. Instead, to quell your desires, I have finished the Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement and have release threads both on Deadly Stream (pending) and in TUCE.

• 4 months later...

Hey, well, in the TUCE (and soon Deadly Stream) there's a thread up where I released the stuff from the gaffi stick I showed off... a year and 3 days ago. Mostly I did this because I remember I had this mod and that it had been finished ever since... a year and 3 days ago. Anyway, head on over to the TUCE.

All right, so a long time ago a user by the name of Captain Hair set out to retexture/remodel most, if not all, of the weapons in the KotOR games. Unfortunately, he never finished this task but he did leave us with one thing - the models and textures for his remake of the basic blaster pistol. So, with his pre-given permission and the model in-hand, I went about to remake all the blasters in KotOR 1 using his model and textures (if you look through his WIP you'll see he was planning on doing much more fancy reskins of the blasters, whereas I did some more basic stuff to get them to best match their vanilla icons. Also, the closer shots are from the opposite angle and facing away from the light source, so the texture's will appear darker than they are).

Basic Blaster Pistol (g_w_blstrpstl001)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9502

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9501

Mandalorian Blaster Pistol (g_w_blstrpstl002)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9504

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9503

Arkanian Blaster Pistol (g_w_blstrpstl003)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9498

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9497

Zabrak Blaster Pistol (g_w_blstrpstl004)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9506

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9505

Bendak's Blaster (g_w_blstrpstl005)

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9500

picture.php?albumid=814&pictureid=9499

That's all the blaster pistols for KotOR 1 (Carth's is essentially the Mandalorian blaster in the vanilla, though I might do something special for that). KotOR 2 has a couple more blasters so I'll be releasing pictures of those soon, then hopefully releasing everything, both KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 blasters, by the 1st of June.

. So, with his pre-given permission and the model in-hand, I went about to remake all the blasters in KotOR 1 using his model and textures (if you look through his WIP you'll see he was planning on doing much more fancy reskins of the blasters, whereas I did some more basic stuff to get them to best match their vanilla icons.)

I approve of this message.

M4-78PoliticsSmall_zps2b4a71bc.gif

(Paid by the Committee to Re-elect M4-78 as the Main Archon of M4-78.)

Archived