Home

JC's WIP

JCarter426

Here's one of them WIP threads people sometimes make. This one is JC's. I'm not working on any large mods but I am messing with the game constantly, so I'll upload little things from time to time.

So, what am I working on at the moment? On a whim I started working on a new weapon type... here's a little hint:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

64 times as many pixels, making for one whopping file size. I haven't done the red version as I don't need it immediately, but I saved everything so I can get around to it. I might also adjust the buildings to make them look less flat.

I should mention that because of sloppy modeling, it doesn't look all that great in 204TEL. Now that you can see it clearer, the sloppiness is more obvious.

I was bored earlier, so I whipped up a red version. While I was there I noticed the Ravager texture, as well as the textures for some Sith fighters, are rather horrible, so I might take a look at them later. And of course the laser fire colors are swapped, so I'll reverse them while I'm at it. I am wondering if they are used correctly elsewhere in the game, and if it's the same texture, however.

• 1 month later...

So I'm primarily working on a K1 version of the toolbox; however, the engine doesn't support some features, so it's slowing me down a bit. The cloning function is a particular problem because it's impossible to grant feats and powers. Therefore I'll need to generate some UTCs by hand. I'm still considering exactly how much work I'm willing to do for this function, but in the meantime I've been working on this:

KOTORCharacterSheetWIPthumb_zps25ae2652.png

What the hell is it? Well, once it's complete, it will allow me to generate a character's stats based on my input, faithful to the game's level up system; I don't want to have to make any blind guesses. While I was editing this, I realized it could be useful for generating realistic NPC stats in mods, so I'm going to include it in the toolbox.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was distracted by some other work for almost a month, but I just finished the spreadsheets this afternoon. The K1 toolbox still has a ways to go, so in the meantime, here are the spreadsheets:

Download

Tutorial

If you're using an older version of Excel, download the compatibility patch and install it before running. Enable macros. Only change cells that are light blue.

There are ten spreadsheets included Character Sheet is the blank template for you to use as you like. Tables is vital to all the other sheets' function, so don't edit it. The rest are examples I left for your reference - templates for each of the game's classes, based on all the recommended choices, though I had to make a few educated guesses; I'd appreciate any feedback on these, as I am using them for the toolbox.

If you have any issues, let me know.

• 5 months later...

I decided to take a crack at a mod I attempted years ago but was unable to complete:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor22013-07-1213-23-23-41_zps570b9194.png

All the hard work is finished. The only things left are the installer and readme. I'll let you guess what it is while I finish those. I will say that it's not some cheat to give you a lightsaber early; you can already do that with the toolbox.

I decided to take a crack at a mod I attempted years ago but was unable to complete:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor22013-07-1213-23-23-41_zps570b9194.png

All the hard work is finished. The only things left are the installer and readme. I'll let you guess what it is while I finish those. I will say that it's not some cheat to give you a lightsaber early; you can already do that with the toolbox.

Any hints? :raise:

Archived