Home

JC's WIP

JCarter426

Because people are always asking for the K1 toolbox and it's practically done and I've been too busy/lazy to finish the final 4-6% of it, I decided to give you all beta access. BETA! It comes with the caveat that it's even more likely to break your game than usual. And I haven't written the readme yet. What's there is there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because people are always asking for the K1 toolbox and it's practically done and I've been too busy/lazy to finish the final 4-6% of it, I decided to give you all beta access. BETA! It comes with the caveat that it's even more likely to break your game than usual. And I haven't written the readme yet. What's there is there.

Thanks, JC! The TSL one was nice, but I haven't seen a cheat swiss-army knife for K1 since I joined the community! This will make a few projects simpler. :p:D

• 1 month later...

Mm, very much so. I've noticed some errors and added some things to both versions, so I'll do a new release... but not quite so soon, because I'm busy. I'm just letting it be known that it's on my mind. In the meantime, there's this:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Yeah, they're my artillerymen. A couple new head models, ripped from the those Sith troopers and reskinned - blue as you saw, plus silver and black. Here's a better look at them:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Mercenaries_zps06e6f7be.png

Unfortunately, they don't animate because I couldn't figure that out. But they're helmets, so it doesn't look too bad. Fine for NPCs who aren't going to do much.

• 1 month later...

More fun with explosions:

This time I've written a script to generate visual effects at a random location within a set radius, at random intervals. For now they are merely visual effects; I'm still working on scripting the damage and other special effects, like I did with the rocket launchers.

This time, I've written a script to generate visual effects at a random location within a set radius, at random intervals. For now they are merely visual effects; I'm still working on scripting the damage and other special effects, like I did with the rocket launchers.

Might this also be available for KotOR1 as well? I imagine that have that "lasers from the sky" bit might be fun for those making a machinima of the destruction of Taris . . . not unlike this mod for JKA.

(Destruction part of the mod starts at about 1:39)

Wow that's awesome! And a snowy Dantooine? I DEFINITLY want that as a mod...

The lasers raining from the sky makes think there should be a mod where you witness the destruction of the Jedi Academy on Dantooine as if you were there.

Now my urge to make this idea real is intensifying.... but I've got no experience to make such a mod.... : /

Thanks, everyone.

Might this also be available for KotOR1 as well? I imagine that have that "lasers from the sky" bit might be fun for those making a machinima of the destruction of Taris . . . not unlike this mod for JKA.

Yes. :xp:

Unfortunately it's not as versatile, due to the lack of script parameters.

And I worked in all the damage and other effects from the grenade script, in both games. In fact I had to turn that off for the above recording because the explosions kept throwing me around the module and ruining the shot.

This will all be going in the toolboxes soon (along with the source scripts, of course, if you want to use it in a mod). K2 will be up to 1.2, while K1 is still in beta at 0.7.

EDIT: JC's Toolbox for K1 v0.7b

And K2's v1.2 is on its individual page.

• 4 months later...

Well, I can't believe that worked...

Show spoiler
swkotor22014-04-0501-01-43-83_zps6a02d4ef.jpg

I finally sat down and figured out how to get new heads to properly animate thanks to VarsityPuppet's HeadFixer. I took a full body model and separated the head. I knew this was possible, but in the past something would always go wrong... anyway, I finally did it. I plan to eventually convert every alien that uses a full body model into a separate head, at least every one that's feasible. That means the aliens will be able to wear any clothing in the game, like the Twi'leks and Devaronians can.

Off the top of my head, Duros, Rodian, Trandoshan, and Weequay heads should be feasible. I made a Sand Person head without animations before, so that's feasible as well. Nikto, Ithorian, and Selkath heads are questionable. Chadra-Fan, Gand, and Gran are supposed to be short so I'm not sure if they're worth doing... maybe if shorter body models could be made as well, but I'm not sure I could do that. Wookiees and Gamorreans are right out. Am I forgetting anything?

I also might take a crack at animating some of my other heads that lacked animations. I've posted the mercenaries here before, but I've also done Mandalorian heads. They'll be a bit trickier to set up, though, as I didn't save the bones... might have to redo them. Once everything is finished, I'll release all the heads as a resource, along with some other heads that I've been saving up.

Well, I can't believe that worked...

Show spoiler
swkotor22014-04-0501-01-43-83_zps6a02d4ef.jpg

I finally sat down and figured out how to get new heads to properly animate thanks to VarsityPuppet's HeadFixer. I took a full body model and separated the head. I knew this was possible, but in the past something would always go wrong... anyway, I finally did it. I plan to eventually convert every alien that uses a full body model into a separate head, at least every one that's feasible. That means the aliens will be able to wear any clothing in the game, like the Twi'leks and Devaronians can.

Off the top of my head, Duros, Rodian, Trandoshan, and Weequay heads should be feasible. I made a Sand Person head without animations before, so that's feasible as well. Nikto, Ithorian, and Selkath heads are questionable. Chadra-Fan, Gand, and Gran are supposed to be short so I'm not sure if they're worth doing... maybe if shorter body models could be made as well, but I'm not sure I could do that. Wookiees and Gamorreans are right out. Am I forgetting anything?

I also might take a crack at animating some of my other heads that lacked animations. I've posted the mercenaries here before, but I've also done Mandalorian heads. They'll be a bit trickier to set up, though, as I didn't save the bones... might have to redo them. Once everything is finished, I'll release all the heads as a resource, along with some other heads that I've been saving up.

Jedi Malak's head for both games. Please.

Man, that's so awesome. I also second the Jedi Malak Head for both games. Somebody should just make a pack full of NPC heads like Kreia's head (Well, not really an NPC, seeing as how she's a companion), Sion's Head, Atris' Head, and then just a bunch of the humanoid Aliens like Duros, Trando, Weequay, and so on.

Archived