Home

Worse Thing About the Galaxy Far, Far Away?

mimartin

Worse Thing About the Galaxy Far, Far Away?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Worse Thing About the Galaxy Far, Far Away?

Yoda opinion is a LF tradition and I am a traditional kind of guy.

The plan was to ban anyone that voted Yoda, so that is why the poll is public. :xp:

As to the holiday special, I posted a link to the best/worse part. :)

*slowly unchecks "Yoda", checks "Holiday Special" instead*:dev8:

I haven't really seen the Holiday Special, but I'm one of those guys that jumps off bridge because everybody else is doing it. :D

If you think that there's anything WORSE than the Holiday Special...you probably haven't seen the Holiday Special.

This.

As bad as some of the other things are, they just can't touch the Holiday Special.

Fox owns the rights of A New Hope in perpetuity. And Disney won't own the rights of the rest until 2020.
But I'm sure Fox has no problem putting out more releases. George was the barrier before of not wanting LucasFilm to put in the effort of restoring them because they weren't "his vision".

But I'm sure Fox has no problem putting out more releases. George was the barrier before of not wanting LucasFilm to put in the effort of restoring them because they weren't "his vision".

The film reels were restored (in 1995 and 2003), therefore the original cuts are aswell. He doesn't want to release them because they aren't "his vision", and I'm sure he made that explicit when he sold the company.

For me it's the edits. The prequels had a lot more wrong with them that couldn't be fixed by just taking out Jar Jar or young Anakin. But the edits make the movies that I love less enjoyable to watch. Maybe now that George is out of the way, Disney will finally give us an official means to watch the pre-specialized editions of the movies.

^^ This exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Anyone who voted for anything BUT the Holiday Special must not have SEEN the holiday special, and they should all be forced to sit through a full showing of it strapped in a chair "A Clockwork Orange" style until they have a grasp of the unholiness that was unleashed upon Star Wars when they did it.

Anyone who voted for anything BUT the Holiday Special must not have SEEN the holiday special, and they should all be forced to sit through a full showing of it strapped in a chair "A Clockwork Orange" style until they have a grasp of the unholiness that was unleashed upon Star Wars when they did it.

Has anything else in SW come close?

(And no, I never saw it)

For me it's the edits. The prequels had a lot more wrong with them that couldn't be fixed by just taking out Jar Jar or young Anakin. But the edits make the movies that I love less enjoyable to watch. Maybe now that George is out of the way, Disney will finally give us an official means to watch the pre-specialized editions of the movies.

The only edits I don't mind are those that provided consistency with stuff that was introduced later in the EU.

• 3 weeks later...

This.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Also where can we buy those Wookie Snuggies that are in the end of the special?

Archived