Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zoom, those apps are on the google play store. But, when I saw the permissions they were asking for, my paranoia kicked in.

Why does a tricorder app need my gps location, access to my contacts, the ability to record voices and take pictures, and the ability to determine whos calling me?

Edlib, have you tried turning it off and on again? But, in all seriousness, are you 100% sure the video connections are seated correctly?

Then, are you sure the sound board is looking at the correct video output port? Just because they only made it with one output port, doesn't mean the software wasn't made to run on multiple sound boards, and can (In theory) use those various sound boards video outputs.

Zoom, those apps are on the google play store. But, when I saw the permissions they were asking for, my paranoia kicked in.

Why does a tricorder app need my gps location, access to my contacts, the ability to record voices and take pictures, and the ability to determine whos calling me?

Well, a tricorder needs to know your location so it can coordinate with the ship's computer for precise site to site transporter routing, it needs to know your contacts so the predictive personality algorithms can build a cohesive picture of your 'real life' that it can use to help with scheduling and reminders, it needs to record sound and visual data because that's what a tricorder does, and it needs control of your communications data so it can translate indigenous alien cellular mediums into Starfleet Standard for use on your human built device.

;)

I don't know how your machine is configured, but on my iPad I can deny the app access to outside data. All at my discretion.

I am an Oliver, you know. :dozey:

Going to have to Finish Shadow Run HongKong Tonight. No more side missions to do.

I've never been able to bring myself to play a Shadow Run game more then one full play through, but I've never regretted spending money on them either.

Its weird, I know.

It took me 3 months and 2-300 hours to go through Witcher 3. I finished right before NG+ game out, but I'm a bit burned out to start a new one again, so I understand how you feel about playing through RPG's only once.

A state of health? What does that mean?

Finally beat shadowrun hong kong. Solid bit of gaming right there. But I'm sad, not sure I can go through it once more. But dammit, I want to try!

School stars tuesday, *sigh*. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't want to go to school. I just want to be done already.

Only day off this week. New cook got fired, newer cook not yet up to speed...the boss is off feeding wildland firefighters, and the kitchen manager who's been filling in (the comfy chair in the office, that is) is going away to get MARRIED for several days. Kitchen needs deep cleaning, and the staff is already burned out from carrying the cook they just got rid of.

:max: No vacation.

So I think I'll make a fresh marinara to go with Italian meatballs for a sandwich tomorrow. I'll make the meatballs with hamburger and sausage, with ground walnuts for authentic old world flavor. I have fresh rosemary growing out back.

I call it stepping up to the plate. :D How else are we ever going to outdo the Chinese...?

long ****ing day. first aid class is awesome. personalities class is awesome. think i made a good trade. i'll get first aid and cpr certified through the first aid class.

long quiet day at work, got home chilled with the girlfriend, watched TWD season 1 finale. :) i think i fell in love with her. i even said to her that i loved her. i fall fast and furious. oh well what's the worst that can happen? who wants to live forever? l o l.

Archived