Home

The secret of Mojo

JBRAA

I found this little easter-egg on Mixnmojo.com

here's a hint...

"LF Net has more than meets the eye"

here's a spoiler...

This pic will after 100 seconds show LucasArts' president Simon Jeffery making a funny face.

Was I the first who discovered this?

And who is the creator of this neat little thing?

Heh, I can remember seeing that "secret" shortly after Mojo re-opened. It was pure luck, and I didn't realise at the time that it was so rare to see it. But anyway, about that Simon.mp3... Is it just me, or does Simon sound British!? I thought he was American! It might've just been my dodgy computer which makes everyone sound the same, though.

Alright, now, you obviously did this on purpose, so please explain it to me... What sense does "an word famous" make, assuming that the second word is 'world'?

I mean, sure, I missed the lesson in school about 'a' and 'an', and never bothered making it up, but that's because I knew everything there was to know... 'A' before a consonant, 'an' before a vowel.

Am I wrong here?

Originally posted by Trapezoid

Oh yeah-- I guess the American accent pronounces the H a little more consistantly than English and Australian accents. What the deal with the "'erb / herb" thing, though? Maybe that's just personal preference, I think I've heard Americans pronounce the H.

Yeah, and it's wrong. I don't know why, though. And I've heard people pronounce 'h' as 'y', as in yuman. Very weird.

Originally posted by Trapezoid

*punches Darnn in the face*

I meant "a world" and you know it!

Actually, I honestly didn't. I've seen people do these seemingly random things for so long, I've begun wondering... I just, erm, took it out on you, or something.

:deathii: (This has no relevance whatsoever.)

Originally posted by MeddlingMonk

You want weird? Try the people who say 'warsh' and 'Warshington' rather than 'wash' and 'Washington'. Where's the sense in that?

And "The car needs warshed," "Let it alone," "Leave it go," and using "whenever" instead of "when". That drives me nuts.

Originally posted by Metallus

Ah, looks like we've found an example of something changing depending on a regional accent. "An Historic" wouldn't sound right in America, but add an Australian accent to it.

Native Californian--> I've always said "an historic" rather than "a historic", but I think that either is acceptable in English.

It gets tricky when dealing with acronyms:

You would say, "A Monkey Island Game"... but you would also say, "An MI game"... because the pronunciation of the letter "M" is "EM", howerver, if you type "An MI game", I think it's incorrect. It should appear in text as "A MI game"...

...but I'm not sure of this

Archived