Home

Cantina 8

Deac

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Irvine waits patiently as council members walk into the room.*

Irvine: "Hmm!?"

*Irvine sees a small child with white hair like his, sitting like he's meditating*

Irvine suddenly thinks: 'whats a child doing in there, in plain view too!?'

*Irvine turns to reletha to whom seems not to notice, which almost instantly makes Irvine look back, to see that the child disappeared...*

*Irvine shakes it off as the demonstration begins.*

((@jokemaster: Huh? Your spy had you arrested and brought here? Also when has he been talking to you?))

*Nimalf struggles into the suit with Kioet's assistance* Jeez! You need super strength to get this on by yourself!

*the suit's joints clicked together, and its visor clicked down. The entire suit tightened to become more form-fitting. A set of messages appeared in front of the view of the visor, ending with Vanguard Systems Online*

Nimalf: Well then.*looks the suit over* Woo, fancy. *flexes arms* Whoa. Feels like I just got ten times stronger. *looks at the suit's arms, to see a bunch of buttons hidden on the gloves* No labels? What's all this crap do? *apparently in response to his query, a computerized scrolling menu appears in the right corner of the inside of the visor*

Teleport Lock/Unlock

Teleport Activate

Weapons

Grapple Activate

Grapple Lock/Unlock

Vision

Jetpack Engage

Jetpack Disengage

Force Defense

Force Search/Lock

Target Search/Lock

Seeker

[...]

*Nimalf stared at the partial menu list, eyes widening under the visors* Holy Sith. Teleport? Force? What is this thing?

*A voice came over the PA system into the room* All Vanguards, report to the Viper Arena combat-ready within five minutes.

*Deac notices Flax enter his room*

I guess I should salute...but my arm's still healing. What have I missed?

------------------------------

*As Reletha awaits the demonstration, Lokpihet strides into the council chamber, to everyone's surprise*

Reletha: Brother.

Lokpihet: Reletha. It is good to see you again after so long...

*Cracken strides into a sparring room. Sounds of lightsabers clashing can be heard as the doors open. He see's Alys flash infront of him for a few seconds, and dissapear. Suddenly, Starr was knocked over, with a lightsaber pointed at him.

She's progressing faster than ever.

Alys looked at her father, as he applauded*

Very good, Alys. Using your strengths to overcome his.

*She smiled, got up. She stuck her hand out to help Starr up, but he refused, and got up on his own.*

Alys: How am i doing?

Cracken: excellent. you training is coming along faster than i expected. now..... *cracken took of his cloak, and ignighted his lightfoil.* A test.

*Alys smiled, she always loved a challange. She took her stance, her purple lightfoil at the ready. they touched blades, and started fighting. At that moment, Tojo walked in, hurridly, only to be knocked over by something. He landed on his butt, confounded to what knocked him over. he looked aorund, and saw lightsaber trails, a red one, and a purple. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light, he could make out his EMperor barely warding off the attack from the girl.

Cracken himself couldn't believe how fast she really was. She came down with a downslash, and he barelly parried it, only to find her jabbing at him a second later. Fine. He knocked her back a bit, and stuck out his hand, and it began to glow, and a ball of Force energy came at Alys.

Alys was surprised, she never saw this from Starr, who had been training her for the most part. By the time her mind said RUN, it was too late, the all hit her, and knocked her across the room. She felt cold, lke a dark energy hit her. She looked and her father looked at her*

Cracken: That is how i use the Force, through the dark side, through agression and hate.

However...* He walked over to his cloak and oulled out a cube* You have to choose your own path. He came over and placed the cube in her hands* this is from teh Jedi Academy on Yavin. it's a holocron from Skywalker, which he recovered from teh Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Which ever path you choose, this is where your real training begins.

*he turned, picked up his cloak, and put it back on, and placed his lightfoil back on his cloak. He turned to Tojo*

Cracken: Are you all set with the Vengence?

Tojo: Yes my lord. she's a fine ship.

Cracken: good, deploy her on one of the boarder worlds, and take a task force of Star Destroyers too round out your fleet.

*Tojo Nodded and left. Cracken looked at Starr, Starr nodded, and Cracken made an exit. Alys looked at Starr*

Alys: Did you ever get a choice? whether to pick the dark side or light?

Irvine looking at Lokpihet: "Ahh yes, another child of darkstar, hmm? Alas, I am the son of Cracken. I hope my standings on where I am siding with does not surprise you, hmm?" *Extends his hand, offering to shake his with Lokpihet's*

*At the same time the Council Members get ready with Vangaurd protecting them.*

Ivan: "Okay lets get this thing started."

Ravan: "Yes I've been waiting also to see what these guys can do..."

*Starr wonders why Cracken had chosen to use the Force on the girl. He had struck strictly to sparring. Cracken had not intructed him to anything more.

Starr wondered about this girl. She took everything in stride, reminding him of her father. Like her father, too, she had a way of deceiving...rather lulling opponents into a false sene of security. That was something that aided her greatly in her saber training. Not to mention her preternatural speed...she was speaking to him.*

Starr: *curtly* No. Your father found me when I was a child. My parents abandoned me to die. I would have never chosen a path that would not please him.

Yet it pleases him now to give her a choice... What epiphany appeared to him while I was...dead? He still uses darkness. But he is not part of it...no, not like before...

----------

*Nimalf tries to stop Kioet, but the two get caught up in the body of other Vanguards heading towards the arena. He catches up with Kioet* Kioet! What are you doing, you moron?

----------

*Farran speaks to the other Council members as they enter seats high above the arena* Don't worry, the Vanguard guards are just a precaution. *smiles* The Jedi will be quite occupied. *motions around, to the aliens filing in to fill the arena stands* Don't mind the locals. They're just here as part of the deal to let us borrow the arena...don't worry, they're quite as eager to see blood as I'm sure you are...and they very much hate the Jedi.

Marcus: "Well, thats good enough for me."

*Ravan grits his teeth, and keeps his mouth shut at the subject...*

Ivan: "My, my, Ravan seems to be feeling just the same too."

*Council laughs and Ravan calms himself.*

Ravan: "Don't worry, Im just as eager as you all."

*Cracken sits in the command bridge of the Titan. The Seperatists just formed a new government, officially secedding from the EMpire. We'll see about that.*

COmmander, make ready the fleet. Have Kuat and Bilbringi on full alert. Send our ambassador. remind him he may never come back.

*From the bottom of the mighty warship, a Lambda Class shuttle left the docking bay. Aboard, a sole ambassador was leaving for the Corperate Sector*

Nimalf: Don't you think we should find out a bit more of this situation before doing anything like that? *pauses* Oh, forgive me, I forgot who I was talking to. *rolls eyes under visor, then notices one of the Vanguards - one with a red insignia rather than white - is looking at him*

Red Vanguard: Why do you two not have your weapons?

Nimalf: *gulps and doesn't say anything*

Red Vanguard: Is something wrong?

Nimalf: *trying to think* I...

*Nimalf was saved by the PA system. It blared* All Vanguards report to Arena entrance immediately.

Red Vanguard: Go arm yourselves. Consider this your warning. *walks off*

Nimalf: But...where's the weapons... *in response, a holographic map of the building layout appears in the visor, with a room highlighted in red* Ha! Excellent!

Kioet to self: I knew I was missing something...

*Kioet heads towards the weapons room, and notices two guys walk out, looking confused*

Kioet to Nimalf: They must be looking for their precious suits. I'll handle them.

*Kioet walks up behind them, puts a gloved hand on each, and squeezes just hard enough to render them unconscious*

Kioet: Let's arm ourselves.

*Kioet drags the two unconscious men into the room with him, finds a locker, and locks both of them inside it*

Kioet: Alright, I haven't seen this type of weapon before! I could make a ton of credits with it!!

Kioet: Why ARE we going to the arena?

*Kioet smiles beneath his visor, wondering why he hadn't thought of saying that sooner*

Suit: "To demonstrate the abilites of the Vanguard Elite against a group of Jedi Knights for the eyes of the Imperial Council

[full debriefing also available]"

Kioet: I don't think we need the full debriefing, let's just go rescue some Jedi and make a fortune!!! With these suits, we are INVINCIBLE!!!!!

((OOS: Ummm Tyrion...no :D

You're supposed to introduce your character first, and I'm playing the "referee" etc of the battle :p

Besides, "too overpowered?" what?))

Nimalf: But...those others will...aargh. *gives up and settles for grabbing the entire weapons cabinent, pulling it out of the wall* Whoa - super strength? Fine. Kioet! Kioet, wait, dammit!

((OOS: Tyrion, read the rules at the beginning of the thread if you're going to join please))

*A Vanguard pulls Kioet back* You missed the debriefing - we're to wait for the signal. The teleporters are set to take us in there. To impress the brass.

*Nimalf thinks better of rushing over and drops the weapons cabinet outside the entrance out of sight of the others. He'd just grab it before he went in the arena - he wasn't taking any chances.*

Lokpihet: I am eager to see all new weapons that are here for the children of the Empire.

------------------------------------

*Deac is surprised by the entrance of an NRI officer*

Colonel Starkiller, we have an assignment for you...

Archived