Home

Petition for new forum! Vote now!

Darth Groovy

Would you like to see the addition of a Stories Forum at jk2.net  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the addition of a Stories Forum at jk2.net

• Yes
    • No

This idea originated here. The Forum I have in mind would be a place for forum goers to post original stories, fan ficition, literature, poetry, both Star Wars and non Star Wars related. A few mods are supporting this idea but Administration is not yet convinced. There are a great deal of talanted writers here on jk2.net and LucasForums in general. Some have suggested it be a continuation of the Roleplaying forums which I feel would be confusing. I am voting for a Stories Forum by itself in jk2.net., in the General Section. I myself have a great deal of things I have written in the past and would love to have a place to post this stuff. I also would really enjoy reading other's work such as whitedragon's here. Please vote yes on this petition and show your support.

Regards,

Groovy

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Yeah I can see it now, someone posts a story in Yoda's swamp and it winds up on page 9 in like 5 minutes. I see where you are coming from, but I think it would be much better to have a place that forum goers could show off they're work and get noticed. Wouldn't you Agree?

You do know that was before the Role-Playing and Game threads were removed,right?

Right now, it should stay on page one if a few people like it, IMO.My Lord of the Pings lasted a while on the first page before the new forums, so I think that the stories will last finely here.

You've got my John Han****. I really would not post there cause I don't like to write but I think that it is a cool idea for those who do write. I agree with Groovy on the it stay's here for a minute and then it is already on another page. We should let people's work be admired and showed off. I think that it is a great idea.

:lsduel::duel:

I voted YES! I think it's a good idea for those with some good imagination and writing talent!! :D

The only thing I can think of is......do you think ppl will be more recognized with their stories there, rather then having them in the swamp? There are, of course, many more people here in the swamp to see a persons stories. Do you think a lot of ppl are going to go to this new forum and read them, other then the people that write the stories? I'll go and check it out of course....I just think a person would get more recognition in the swamp, that's all.

Sry to question it.......:(

I still voted yes for it! :)

Right now there is nothing that prohibits you from posting stories in the Swamp but will anyone really take time to read it? The Forum Idea I speak of will allow those who love fan fiction and stories to activitly participate on a forum by itself without having to wade through LOTR Vs Matrix, and Avatar revolution threads.

We did it with the games, I see no reason why it would not work with the stories.

Right now there is nothing that prohibits you from posting stories in the Swamp but will anyone really take time to read it? The Forum Idea I speak of will allow those who love fan fiction and stories to activitly participate on a forum by itself without having to wade through LOTR Vs Matrix, and Avatar revolution threads.

We did it with the games, I see no reason why it would not work with the stories.

But isnt that the same with an Serious Discussion board,like I proposed?

Edit- Yes, some of the Serious dicussion threads too are being pushed down...

serious discussion = lets yell at each other about things we don't know anything about anyway just for the sake of arguing.

no Tyrion, not even the same ballpark..........:roleyess:

True...

But still, it would be a good idea.

Why should I be punished for others flaming?

(yes,I actually learn some good stuff from it).

Can we get back on subject now? The Discussion forum idea is silly since I see a heated debate pop up about once a month, and it's usually the same people posting.(those who's names shall not be mentioned)

The Stories forums however would be a place for people to share literature, poetry, original stories, remember how popular the Academy wars were?

[edit-Tyrion, just cast your vote and leave, do not make an argument out of this]

The Stories forums however would be a place for people to share literature, poetry, original stories, remember how popular the Academy wars were?

But the academy wars belong in the Role-Playing forums,right?

(casts vote for yes and runs)

although im a bit neutral on the subject u got my vote. i know the feelin u need to go to page 3 after 30 mins to look for ur story. on the other hand, would much ppl be usin that new forum?

just a thought, instead of makin it only story/fanfiction related, u could let ppl show all their creations like stories, ... and websites (i suggest that stays sw related).

I was the only person to vote no. I don't think there is enough supporters to justify a new board for stories. At gee bee we just sticky them. I think only having one and MAYbe two stories going at once is about the limit because they start to go dead after awhile. I think you should just start one and stuck it. I have a feeling that the bored would just be kinda a slow one like the consoles or the other slow ones. Not enough visitors to keep it interesting.

IMHO

Archived