1. 1. do you like anime

• yes
    • no
    • sorta
    • WTF IS ANIME!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen an American, I didn't like him. That's it.

...See the flawed logic?

I see it, but it doesnt apply in this situation. People are a bit more dynamic than a movie genre.

I'm not saying that "anime sux0rz!!!11". Not at all. If people like it, cool, wonderful, more power to ya. I'm just saying that, based on the anime that I have seen, I simply dont like it.

Look at it this way. I've seen a few romantic comedies. I hated them. Therefore, I dont watch romantic comedies. Am I to be expected to go and see every other romantic comedy that comes out simply to reaffirm my dislike of romantic comedies? No, of course not, that would be stupid.

Likewise, I shouldnt have to watch every other anime flick to know that I dont like them. Several of the ones I saw were ones people listed as their favorite animes (I think), so they werent cheesy kiddy american anime (DBZ aside).

I'm not deadset on hating anime. I've got an open mind, and if someone I know really, really wants me to watch one that they think I'll like, I'll watch it. But so far, I havent been impressed. I've seen too much that just makes me scratch my head and say "eh? Why's that there?"

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

I'm not deadset on hating anime. I've got an open mind, and if someone I know really, really wants me to watch one that they think I'll like, I'll watch it. But so far, I havent been impressed. I've seen too much that just makes me scratch my head and say "eh? Why's that there?"

Atleast your open minded... unlike a few people out there... :) I hope you do find a genre in anime you like and and you find a bada** show you like in it really warm up... :) If you dont oh well atleast you tried... (more than others)

Originally posted by Cjais

Regardless of what I've said about anime, I still think it's vastly better than Western cartoons.

Disney made cartoons "children's stuff". Pokémon is about to do the same to anime.

ive read that some people dont consider pokemon as anime. anyways pokemon is dead. not too many people care about it any more (at least people i know)

Pokémon is dead, sure as sure, but it left a lasting image.

Can anyone recommend me some anime with creative and good storylines?

Escaflowne, it has sword fighting, blood, a little humor (which kind of ruins it a little) but overall its pretty good. not to many episode either (i think there were like 26 in all and a movie)

i havnt seen them all though.

s_p_van_2.jpg

esca10.jpg

esca3.jpg

its a good show.

Can anyone recommend me some anime with creative and good storylines?

movies or series???

movies:

cowboy bebop: knocking on heaven's door

battle angel

princess mononoke

ninja scroll

blood

ghost in the shell

akira

Jin-Roh : Wolf Brigade

vampire hunter

series:

rurouni kenshin

rurouni kenshin tsuiokuhen

cowboy bebop

trigun

ninja resurrection

Originally posted by -s/<itzo-

movies or series???

movies:

cowboy bebop: knocking on heaven's door

battle angel

princess mononoke

ninja scroll

blood

ghost in the shell

akira

Jin-Roh : Wolf Brigade

vampire hunter

series:

rurouni kenshin

rurouni kenshin tsuiokuhen

cowboy bebop

trigun

ninja resurrection

i havnt heard of any of those. the only one i watch is escaflowne.

-s/<itzo-'s list is accually a good list... :) possibly put Escaflowne and its movie on there but thats under mecha... so im sure you wouldnt like it all that much... :) Inuyasha is a good series too... all though ive only seen a few episodes... :)

• 3 months later...

Sigh... for those who think anime is "ridiculous" they have probably seen the crap on Cartoon Network that is so heavily edited its not even funny. Anime is Mature Graphical Arts really that turn into Cartoon when they slap them on national TV. Animes like Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop (the 3 best ever in my opinion) are the best animes ever. They have absolutely fabulous plot lines and the characters are diverse and amazing. Turn off the TV and download off kazaa or go buy a VHS or DVD of any of these 3 animes and you'll see they are much better then they appear to be on TV. On TV the story is still there, without the blood and language and mature things that just complete the whole anime experiance.

Originally posted by Xanthos

Sigh... for those who think anime is "ridiculous" they have probably seen the crap on Cartoon Network that is so heavily edited its not even funny. Anime is Mature Graphical Arts really that turn into Cartoon when they slap them on national TV. Animes like Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop (the 3 best ever in my opinion) are the best animes ever. They have absolutely fabulous plot lines and the characters are diverse and amazing. Turn off the TV and download off kazaa or go buy a VHS or DVD of any of these 3 animes and you'll see they are much better then they appear to be on TV. On TV the story is still there, without the blood and language and mature things that just complete the whole anime experiance.

W3RD and woah old, old thread *chuckles*

Archived