Home

What's better? "Star Wars" or "Star Trek"?

CaptainRAVE

First of all...lets scrap the argument that stops the whole discussion, their both in totally different universes. Correct, but that doesnt mean we cant compare the two. Its like an apple and a banana, their totally different, but we can still compare them. Notice above I said discussion. I dont want any arguments (well not too much anyway considering what a delicate topic this is when fans collide). So please leave your opinions...

Wow Rave, you're on a thread-posting spree tonight, huh?:)lol

I consider them both equal, IMO. It's funny you should mention this comparison now; tonight I saw the first episode of the second series of Enterprise, just as I was starting to get out of the ST mood. Well, I love it, and I'll be watching it every week from now on. I think they are very different though, and what's strange is that SW seems more popular, even though ST has more films released and multiple TV shows. I love them both though, I couldn't possibly choose. The Empire Strikes Back and First Contact are two of my favourite movies ever, and I couldn't pick between them:)

I like SW better than star trek... Many reasons that i can't list em all, two strong points are that they got awsome games and movies as welll star trek on the other hand looks pretty boring to me, i've never even watched a single episode LOL.

Originally posted by Darklighter

Wow Rave, you're on a thread-posting spree tonight, huh?:)lol

I consider them both equal, IMO. It's funny you should mention this comparison now; tonight I saw the first episode of the second series of Enterprise, just as I was starting to get out of the ST mood.

Well thats it for now...I was just making up for lost and thought that while I was I may as well get to know the community a little better.

Your lucky that your getting the second series of enterprise...I've gotta wait for about 3/4 of a year :s.....oh well, its something to look forward to I suppose :D.

deep space nine kicks serious amounts of ass and features the best starship EVAH the USS Defiant a neat little ship that'll f|_|k up anything it comes across. it could even blow away the SSD executor from ESB and DS9 also features the sexiest character going jadzia dax PHWOOOOAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!1 and teh most badass captain ever, benjamin sisko!

Two words, Star Wars. I am not a treckie fan really but I will watch the show occasionally. Star wars, on the other hand, I like a lot and I have a Star Wars encyclapedia, Star Wars worlds and characters and species and equipment, and cross-sections of Star Wars ships. Also I have at least 5 Star Wars book stories. And I was so close to getting the unedited scipt of Starwars episode 1.:(. But that is all I had on Star Wars.:p

Lets look at them in comparison:

Aliens

ST: Got more aliens than SW

SW: Aliens seem more real

Scum

ST: Klingons, Romulans, Jem Hadar, and Suliban

SW: Trandoshans, Gran's, Rodian's, Huts, Stormtroopers, and Sith (the list goes further I am just listing the ones everone knows)

I think they are equal but many don't agree

Star Wars is better in my opinion. It show's more about what is going on in the galaxy and what has happened in about 100 years.

Star Trek has more tehnology and is way more scientific. Star Wars is not as technogical.

Star Wars characters are way better and more realistic. Star Trek characters are all just human with a weird paint job or some pointy ears.

I enjoy watching both but Star Wars is always going to be better in my opinion.

:lsduel::duel:

I like them both. Trek has awesome character development, Wars has an awesome stroy line. Trek has gigantic space battles, Wars has gigantic space battles.

Both have people in them who believe in the ideals of peace. (Jedi, Federation)

I can't really say I perfer one over the other.

Star Wars has better continuity of character development. Is is always happening, and later EU material is always shaped by ealier material - there are links, mists cleared, problems solved, private jokes continued and personailty quirks continued on from important moments.

Star trek has just always seemed too choppy, with very little of what went before being continued on to form the character.

I'm a big time Star Trek fan I LOVE ST:TNG that's the best Sci-Fi show ever created. Still all that aside the movies suck ass, and it can get a little tedious, with all the techno babble but the character developement is fantastic (someone said earlier

SW has better CD wtf were you smoking??).

Star Wars has a mystique and enigma about it, that Star Trek lacks because all the creative ideas for that universe has been completely drained (hence the crappy ST movies of late).

I give Star Wars a slight edge in the end though because quite frankly I prefer Action/Sci-Fi over just the pure Sci-Fi movie. I like Lightsabres and Blasters more then Tricorders and Phasers. I like how all the Star Wars aliens actually look and sound like aliens. And I like how Star Wars characters have more a persona and humour to them then the dry personalitys of Star Trek.

Still I like them both, and Data kicks the **** outta Threepio btw lol.... So there's one plus for Trek.

Archived