Home

Favorite Expanded Universe character?

Rogue15

Who's your most favorite character from the EU?

I have a few:

Prince Xizor -he was so cool in bhw!!!

Kyp Durron -Very awesome, an inspiration for one of my RP characters

Jaina Solo -she's so awesome

Kirtan Loor -I really liked him as a bad guy.

shame that he got himself killed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade are tied for first. Jaina Solo is up there along with Corran Horn and Wedge Antilles.

Kyle is awesome, killed millions of Imps and assorted scum, defeated 9 Dark Jedi and 10 times as many Reborn and is star of 4 of the coolest FPS video games IMO.

Mara is a hot chick that unlike Leia, can actually kick Imps' butts. She redeemed Kyle and got married to the greatest hero in the galaxy. She has been on a bunch of adventures and like Kyle, conquered them all.

Jaina is the coolest Solo child. She is alot like her father and uncle, wrapped up in one package. She has Han's wit and piloting skills, along with Luke's piloting skills and Jedi powers. She is awesome!

Corran and Wedge are the heroes of the X-Wing books, some of the best out there. Corran turned Jedi and Wedge is actually in the movies so we all know (and most of us already love) him from them.

Hmmmmm......... Well I guess that my favorite Eu character would have to be Jaster Mereel or Boba Fett as he later is called. I used to like the explanation on what his past was like and stuff. The weird thing is now he is really a clone of Jango Fett. But while I was watching a Bounty Hunter trailer Jango mentioned Jaster Mereel. From what I have figured out, he saved Jango when he was a little kid from Concord Dawn after his parents were killed, and later on taught him most of the stuff he knows. He was orginally a Mandolorian Warrior and the last one I think. Then Jango just took up the Armor and used it. So Jaster Mereel is now a difrrent character but it still is intresting because it is still sort of a mystery.

My second Eu charavter would have to be Jaina Solo as well. I've only read one book with her in it but I liked the way that they made her. Before she was very enthustiatic to get in combat and everything just like her Uncle but then after being in it she thought about it diffrently. She is also a good Jedi.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Hmmmmm......... Well I guess that my favorite Eu character would have to be Jaster Mereel or Boba Fett as he later is called. I used to like the explanation on what his past was like and stuff. The weird thing is now he is really a clone of Jango Fett. But while I was watching a Bounty Hunter trailer Jango mentioned Jaster Mereel. From what I have figured out, he saved Jango when he was a little kid from Concord Dawn after his parents were killed, and later on taught him most of the stuff he knows. He was orginally a Mandolorian Warrior and the last one I think. Then Jango just took up the Armor and used it. So Jaster Mereel is now a difrrent character but it still is intresting because it is still sort of a mystery.

My second Eu charavter would have to be Jaina Solo as well. I've only read one book with her in it but I liked the way that they made her. Before she was very enthustiatic to get in combat and everything just like her Uncle but then after being in it she thought about it diffrently. She is also a good Jedi.

:lsduel::duel:

There were actually many explainations of Fett. And since we saw Jango, they are all claimed to be the beliefs of in-universe people. Jango does NOT wear Jaster's armor. That is his own. He was a Mandalorian. After Jaster is killed, he takes his mentor's armor. Boba uses Jaster's armor, explaining why people confuse him with Jaster.

Get Open Seasons, a comic book. You'd like it I think. I wanna get it, it's ten bucks for all 4 in a Trade Paper Back...

Loran, Garik

this man, a native of Pantolomin, was best known as a child actor who worked in a multitude of Imperial propaganda films. His face became a symbol for the Empire, and his films were responsible for large jumps in Imperial recruitment. Just as he was trying to get into more teeen-aged roles, he was captured by Alliance extremists who showed him what the Empire was really all about before they planned to execute him for aiding the Emperor. An Imperial attack on the rebel outpost resulted in both sides being decimated, and Garik himself sustained multiple injuries. He hid from the remaining Imperial, and eventually made it back to Pantolomin. His parents then shipped him to their homeworld of Lorrd, when he recovered from his injuries and decided to join the Alliance. His "death" was reported shortly before the Battle of Yavin, and broke the hearts of many young girls. Among most of the Alliance personnel, Garik was known as "The Face" because of the popularity of his cherubic face, although the battle left him with a few scars. He bought his own A-Wing, and trained in it on his own. He eventually became a pilot with Comet Squadron, but was forced extra-vehicular in order to avoid a proton torpedo. In his debriefing, Edor Crespin told Loran that he'd never amount to much, and would never repay the debt he owed the Republic for serving the Empire. Loran snapped back, telling Crespin that he was "just following in his footsteps." Crespin demoted him from pilot ranks, and Loran thought he'd never fly again until he made the cut to join Wraith Squadron. Loran also served as te squadron's insertion expert and part-time cook. For his part in rescuing the Night Caller during Apwar Trigit's attack on Talasea, Face was promoted to Lieutenant. During this time, Face became good friends with Ton Phanan, as the two exchanged quips and developed a friendly rivalry. Their friendship was crushed when Phanan was shot down and killed over Halmad, despite the incredible effort Face put in to rescue him. Phanan, in his will, left Face a large sum of money, provided that he have the facial scars removed. If not, the money went to Loran's arch-nemesis, Tetran Cowall. So, Face had the surgery and retained the money. During this time, Face fell in love with Dia Passik. In order to infiltrate Warlord Zsinj's confidence, Face then assumed the identity of General Kargin, leader of the Hawk-bat Independent Space Force. He met several times with Zsinj, each time increasing the Warlord's belief that Kargin was truly independent. After the defeat of Zsinj at Kuat, Face was promoted to brevet Captain by Wedge, a position was was eventually made official by the New Republic after the Battle of Selaggis. He continued to lead Wraith Squadron after it was re-commissioned as an Infiltrator team, and was part of the forces which were dispatched to monitor Yuuzhan Vong fleet movements after the aliens invaded the galaxy.

well if were doing eu only and not including the movies then ill pick Thrawn and baron Soontir Fel.

ones a brilliant strategist and outright genius, the others the best fighter pilot since darth vader. they allied long ago and fought "invaders from outside the galaxy" *cough* vong *cough* long before the republic or imperial remnant even knew about the invasion. the chiss are the salvation of the galaxy.

now that i think of it i should add Jag Fel. Jaina's boyfriend and Soontir's son. another great pilot and hes got that kickass chiss attitude.

I don't why you guys keep saying Wedge. Do you mean Wedge Antillies? He's not an EU charcater. He started out in the movies did he not?

I had to think about this one for a while, and I came to my decision as Admiral Thrawn being the most interesting, since he is more of a military Strategist who uses his knowledge and skills to thwart his opponents rather than fancy force powers or, or clever dialouge. He is not your average villian in any fantashy story. Thrawn clearly had his own agenday but they way he executed it was more interesting. Unlike Vader he had gained the respect and admiration from his subordinates, as opposed to using fear to motivate his troops. This worked to his advantage so well that The New Republic nearly lost. Thrawn had no intention of being promoted any higher than he had already been, he resurected a corrupt Jedi to become the new Emporer, and new how to let people do what they were best at to get things done.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I don't why you guys keep saying Wedge. Do you mean Wedge Antillies? He's not an EU charcater. He started out in the movies did he not?

Yeah, he's in the movies, but he's in EU a ton more. He has a whole series of 8 devoted to him, really...well, him and Corran, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Supreme Overlord Shimmra - the way he was discribed was awesome

2) Grand Admiral Thrawn - need I say more?

3) the Solo children - they are jus cool

4) Mara Jade - Emporer's hand, marries Luke, hot, ect

5) Kir Kanos (sp?) - the best Royal Guardsman ever

6) Darth Maul - baddest Sith ever

7) Yoda - 'nuff said

8) Ganner - 3 words: "None shall pass."

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Yeah, that sent shivers up my spine when i read it. Great writing.

Yep.

Chilling moment when that light hearted soul stood his ground with such vehemence!

One of the best Jedi combat moments ever written! It's not the action - its the emotion of it all that gets you...

Archived