Home

Custom titles and the points system

jediduo

I have a feeling that this may be a pretty hot topic, so please-no flaming, ok? That being said...

What do you guys think about the custom title option at the LF store? I personally love it, because my parents won't let me be on the internet for very long each day. Without the points system, I would be probably thirty years old before I hit 1000 posts. I think some of the other noobs like me feel the same way, but I also have a sneaky suspicion that some of the veteran forummers view it as something like a badge of pride - one of those things that only die-hard forummers should be able to have.

What do you think?

Personally, i don't mind.

1000 posts, 1500 points (the number required to get a custom title), is still quite a lot. You'll need atleast about 500-600 posts to get that many points.

But, yes, i don't like the idea that somebody can get for 600 posts what i got for 1000 :p

But then, it's ok;)

I'm with you Tie. I just want to get that nice 900 points to get a images sig in and thats all I care about. Have you made a sig yet cause I have and I want to show it off. I was also wondering if when you get it the sig will be included in all your previous post's cause at EB it only works on the one's that you had the sig when you posted.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

I'm with you Tie. I just want to get that nice 900 points to get a images sig in and thats all I care about. Have you made a sig yet cause I have and I want to show it off. I was also wondering if when you get it the sig will be included in all your previous post's cause at EB it only works on the one's that you had the sig when you posted.

Yeah, i have those two banners in my sig now and i've got some others i've made too. I'd put one of those in there.

And i think it just enables the img tags so it should work in everything you've ever posted.

KILL THE NEWBS WITH TITLES!!!

ELITE RING OF OVERPOSTERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RISE UP OVERPOSTERS OF GB TO SMITE THIS INJUSTICE!!!!

*Pulls out his legendary, superpowered weapon of mass distruction...THE BARD HARP!*

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...anyway...I'd have to repeat it...I deffinatly am aiming for the image sig...then maybe attach a song in my sig if I can...

I used to go to a message board that had a pretty different policy on custom titles: new users would pick a title from a dropdown list (which was pretty extensive) and start posting. Moderators would then award the possibility of letting a certain user compose his own title if he or she requests it (and deserves it).

It's not a bad system... not the best either, though.

I want two things, I want image sigs back, and I want the point system gone. If I have to live with the point system for image sigs, then I will, but I really hate the point system. A lot. And I really want to see it gone, I just want the image sigs back before. Oh yeah...

ELITE RING OF OVERPOSTERS FOREVER!!! I EARNED MY WAY IN!!!

I feel that if it's going to be nonexistant stuff, then it might as well not be there.

If it's forum privileges, i really think there should be some way to reward the oldies.

Not that I really want it, but some people don't seem to like the fact that someone with 200 posts and he, with 1000 posts have around the same number of points :|

Archived