Home

Don't let this happen to you...

Praetorian

Hate to break it to you guys, but this is a joke...I heard it a month or so after the event...it was one of the first attempts at lightening the mood and I thought at the time that it wasn't very funny, though I see it's humorous qualities now.

I mean, seriously, if you were in New york how could you NOT have heard...

Originally posted by Darth Homer

Hate to break it to you guys, but this is a joke...I heard it a month or so after the event...it was one of the first attempts at lightening the mood and I thought at the time that it wasn't very funny, though I see it's humorous qualities now.

I mean, seriously, if you were in New york how could you NOT have heard...

I was kinda wondering if it was true or not. I tried to find out, but to no avail.

Fake. Instant classic, but fake nontheless. What gave it away was the way it was written. I've taken some journalism courses, and do freelance work for the local papers, and (twice so far) for the National Post, and that sounds more like a grade 10 english report than a news article.

Aside from the sentance structure, there some other obvious examples in his choice of words: "guy" would be "man", "girlfriend" would be "mistress" or something along those lines. Also, there would most likely be names given, as you can't get a press ban on divorce notices.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived