Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet

An ATAT woulodbe cool but it would have to be a big expensive thing you buy later in the game. You could also rucruit newer player and NPC's to build an army of paid mercsanaries.:blast5:

That sounds a bit... too PRG'ish... and an AT-AT... kill me please :|

We were talking abought an JK/RPG what is was thinking about would be a little too realistic.and boaring. I do think you could hire a merc to take out a certian guy though. Plus if i dont get broad band soon I won't be able to play it.:) ( agggg everyone thinks i'm talking about JK3 if you look up at one of the posts above you will see that were were talking about a possible JK4 :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet

We were talking abought an JK/RPG what is was thinking about would be a little too realistic.and boaring. I do think you could hire a merc to take out a certian guy though. Plus if i dont get broad band soon I won't be able to play it.:)

uh...JA is singleplayer (no internet needed) and MP....you know....

Yes an AT-AT...with some hydrolics and some bass kicken speakers...that will allow you to play your own MP3s while you play the game...maybe a custom paint job;) And would it not be cool if when an enemy gets cut in half with a lightsaber, the uper torso crawls a little bit...maybe with some intestines hanging out...like in the movie ghost ship? Or how about a wall runnig move like in the Matixs, where you run parallel to the floor and not just verticle like outcast? Yeah! Are you feeling me? Are you feeling me baby!.......word.

We'll just have to wait and see what it wil be like. I just hope one thing: that they won't cripple the community for this game as they have done with Jk2 by bringing out patches that make the sabercombat completely worthless and more of a spamfest than actual tactical battles like they still were in JK2 v1.02

Originally posted by joesdomain

I wonder when Lucasarts will show some of the creatures and villians for Jedi Academy. I hope they show it within the next few weeks. Imperial stormtroopers, Imperial Officers, Probe droids, etc.

Most likely with E3 around the corner nothing will be said until then :D

Originally posted by AV4T4R

Please make saber and gunz balanced.

There was a mod for jk2 called PROMOD, it built a CLASS system where u were able to build your charachter forming up a SITH, a JEDI or a Mercenary skilled in gunz. ( with jetpack aviable)

Now after Episode II, people started getting fascinated by JANGO FETT style... and after all, a JEDI most of the time deflect bolts, doesnt fight with other ones!

So i suppose to give player the opportunity to build their own charachter from JEDI to MERCENARY, so they can choose their GAME style and JK3 will be able to give MORE challanges and tactics variety to the saga :p

Imagine JEDI vs MERCENARY ( with jetpack )... what a cool vision :D

I think rather than a class system, which can get really messy, how about Raven actually balance saber and guns? It’s not that difficult. And you don’t have to nerf sabers to do it either…

Firstly, in Jk1, when you rounded a corner and found yourself in front of a legion of Stormtroopers, and they all started firing, you would actually get hit, because I don’t care if you are Yoda, if you have hundreds of blaster bolts flying at you, I’m sorry, you can’t deflect them all, even a Jedi.

I mean, why did Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan run when the destroyer droids came rolling out, because they knew they were outgunned and outmatched. They couldn’t stand there and take that much fire-power for an extended period of time. Granted the destroyers had shields, but technically we have shields in Jedi Outcast as well, and shields wear down over time, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan knew that they wouldn’t last that long, so they ran.

This whole god-like-Kyle-moving-faster-than-the-human-eye-can-perceive blocking a wall of blaster fire that we saw in JO, just doesn’t look right and isn’t realistic. In Jk1 you blocked a lot of that fire, but some still got through. I mean, those turrets that you go up against in JO, come on, you could have two of them firing at you and you could just stand there and give your hands a rest without even pausing the game. At least that’s been my experience. Weapons like the Repeater should cause a saberist to do some pretty fancy and evasive acrobatics or the saberist should end up dead.

Which brings me to another point, why on earth does a saber reflect weapons fire from a repeater? The saber should simply melt the bullets not reflect them. Same in Jk1, you could reflect repeater fire? And I know I have mentioned this before, but why does force push reflect blaster bolts, that’s manipulating energy with your mind! Jedi’s should be able to tie enemy lightsabers into knots with that ability.

But they don’t have that ability, they should only be able to force push physical projectiles, such as missiles.

So, in short, rapid fire weapons should be a Jedi’s nightmare, as Jango proved to a few unfortunate Jedis on Geonosis with his dual blaster pistols. Bryar fire doesn’t stop a Jedi (except in Outcast MP v1.04) Repeater fire does. (This being my humble opinion of course… :D)

The saber combat. JK2 was great except for a few flaws. One of them was the saber combat. I hope that in JA, the saber combat will be smoothen. In JK2, you can actually see how messy the saber combats were with all the illogical hits and blocks. Also, the AI bots, especially in non-force MP duel games, the way they fight is bad. They keep walking towards and away from their enemies and all i see is sparks die to the saber touching each other. I hope that this will change.

The other gripe is about the weapon clones. While the Rocket Launcher is a great idea, the Flak cannon wasn't. And i really hope that hte weapon models will be more with the movies, not as in damage, but as in properties and styles. The wookie bowcaster for example, shoots red lasers instead of green balls. The pistol blaster could have been the imperial's pistol blaster or maybe Leia's pistol blaster.

Oh and pure servers. I hope that there will be improved net code and anti cheating so that pure servers will allow custom models and sounds. Most of the servers are pure to avoid cheating and this really prevents people from using custom models and sounds.

Well, i think this is common sense, but i hope animation has been changed for dual blade saber. in JK2, the animation for the dual blade is the same as single blade and it doesnt suit dual blades.

Um, the problem with the Imperials firing their Heavy blasters is like what Obi-wan told Luke, a lightsaber is a Jedi's weapon, not as clumsy and random like a heavy blaster" Random meaning inaccurate, so, with that around the corner issue, the jedi would have to deflect all hundred shots, just the ones that are coming at him, and by doing so, reflect them back to their origin.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan knew that they wouldn’t last that long, so they ran.

Actually, I think that they shields on the droidekas would not have run out, so with just the lightsaber, the battle would have taken too long, and Obi-wan and Qui-gon didn't have all the time in the world to just stay there and deflect shots in every which direction. And I think for Jedi Academy, we SHOULDN'T have shields, which I've said before in a previous post, possibly on another thread... Since none of the Jedi got to have shields, neither should we.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a class system which will include merc, since the characters are supposed to be Jedi's in training.

I agree that 1 or 2 saber slashes should kill your enemy reguardless of stance. Dark Force Jedi Knight was like that. This way you can now sneak up behind your enemy and kill them. What was great about DF: JK was how the saber was great for quick close kills and served as a great defensive sheild against long range weapons. With the use of Force pull on someone's weapon you can disarmed them and use your saber to kill them off, unless they had a saber. Plus DF: JK also implemented a Class bases system, which made that game great. Someone who wants to use guns only should be a bounty hunter with no saber wielding skills, such as deflecting shots or generic swings in saber combat, but they can have high accuracy in shooting the gun. A jedi can use guns with moderate accuracy but can only carry a limited amount of ammo. Larger characters like wookies can have high accuracy and high ammo capacity but slower speed.

This will add depth to the game MP action as you will need to understand how to combat each class effectively. All classes should be able to use all weaspons, but certains weapons will affect each class differently. If a Wookie picks up a big rocket launcher, it will not affect his speed by much, but if a bounty hunter picks it up, he will end up moving dramatically slower, etc.

Sorry to say, but besides the graphics, DF:JK is still the better game. I hope JA will be closer to the DF:JK formula.

I am very worried that this is going to turn out bad, for good reason.

If u make it manual then the saber combat would be slowed down. Another bad thing is that if u make it manual people with guns will rule over the saber.

If its automatic then when u attack someone at ne point in time the could block it and no damage would be done. A question i have about auto is if blocks sabers.

The only thing i see for saber combat is button smashing.

Please don't flame.

Originally posted by StriderPrime00

I agree that 1 or 2 saber slashes should kill your enemy reguardless of stance. Dark Force Jedi Knight was like that. This way you can now sneak up behind your enemy and kill them.

Yea but if they did that they would have to increase defense abilities, because i dont think anyone wants a two second saber match. ;)

Archived