Home

Old threads and mad people

Echuu  Shen-Jon

I didn't know were to post this. But:

Do people around here get REALLY mad, if you dig up a good thread? It is legal, right?! Of course it's stupid to dig up an AOTC thread like:

I have seen AOTC. It was great!!! But what about those good ones like, Create a Star Wars character?

Please tell me, if it is illegal. I didn't know, but I'm beginning to think so.

When I'll post in an old post, people replies:

Why did you dig this up?

Yes, why? Because I think it's a good thread, and it deserves a better fate, than being forgotten!!!

Maybe this sounds like Sam in The Two Towers, but I mean it!!!!!!

Well we could just take this up in PMs...but OK....

The fact is, it's wuite annoying for threads that are older than my registration to appear, knocking down new threads, and the like. Also, you say "dig up a good thread." Seeing as to how you were unregistered when the "SW character" thread was created, how did you find it? A search? or cruising the posts from 3 months ago. Strictly speaking, if a thread fallas from the main page, it's probably because people are tired of talking about it...

Well maybe they just set the page to look back 3 months... of course older threads are annoying but I don't see it being that bad a problem as long as it's made use of and isn't completely stupid. And then we should all remember a lot of new members don't know these things annoy ppl so we should tell them but give em some slack instead of biting their heads off... an example of this is some grumpy ppl in the help/feedback center who yell at members for not using the search feature...

its actually pretty neat sometimes to look back at old threads....

Maybe that person just thought it was a little strange you Resurected an old thread - since it is not done to often.

We are usually too lazy to go back 3 months to dig for a topic...we'd just rather make a new one and if it pisses people off then a mod will just refer you to the "OG" thread.

No biggie

I'll agree with Lynk Former, old threads do not necessarily make us mad, but it depends on the topic available for discussion. In the case of "Yoda, Da Wookie", it is nothing more than a drawn out case of taking words out of context and coming to a rediculous hypothesis, plus you have to understand that that topic has been posted across Off Topic Forums in LF for about a good year or so now, so there is little left to discuss. Now, in a case of a poll, ala: "Yoda VS Optiumus Prime", you are taking different entities from two seperate genres in a last ditch effort at trying to make a discussion, which is bogus in it's own concept. Had it been "Yoda Vs Count Dooku", or even "Megatron Vs Optiumus Prime", we may have left it open, because it leads to a realavant topic of discussion. It is not our duty as mods to decide weather a thread sucks or not, and just close it, but face it, if there is no need for discussion on a rediculous topic, it has no choice but to be closed. I encourage everyone here to use discression in posting a topic, and if you are not sure of the consequences, you are more than welcome to PM us, and we will give you our 100% feedback, it has been done before, and all of us are willing to help you in any way we can, and we will never embarrass you with any question, no matter how stupid you think it is. This is an off topic forum, but lets post threads that leave a "topic" worthy of discussion. Once again, we will help you any which way we can. :cool:

Originally posted by Lynk Former

...And then we should all remember a lot of new members don't know these things annoy ppl so we should tell them but give em some slack instead of biting their heads off...

I'm not NEW!!!!! :D

Yes, but it's still pissing me off, that you can't dig up a thread. And Yes, I found it in a search!

Okay...That's right with "Yoda da Wookiee! But, still!

And he's only Prez in Yoda Swamp! :D

Why do I get the feeling, that I've used "and" too much in this thread? :D

Archived