Home

Finding Nemo - AMAZING

I was blown away. It was kickass. I vaguely remember seeing Toy Story in the theaters long ago, and I thought Shrek was great, but Finding Nemo is so far my favorite 3D-animated movie. It's so inventive, original yet classic at the same time. It's EXTREMELY funny (in fact it looks funnier than Bruce Almighty) and the characters are nothing short of memorable. Dory, Marlin, Crush, Gill, ahhh so many others whose names I forgot! It also helps that they're all voiced by very talented actors, although the only name I can actually recognize from the cast is Willem Dafoe(Platoon, Spiderman's Green Goblin), who is providing the voice of Gill.

The dialogue is witty and the visuals are breathtaking. It's an adventure that you will not forget; and there's so many mature jokes in it that I'm tempted to say that only grownups will fully enjoy the movies. The kids will still get a kick out of the colorful characters, engaging music and etc, though.

Finding Nemo is nothing short of an instant classic. Go see it in the theaters; it's definitely worth it, and then some!

Blarg. Do you know how much garbage a whole horde of little kids can generate over the course of that movie? It's disgusting. I loathe little kids who drop everything on the floor and in the aisles. Grar.

(in case you couldn't tell, I'm a disgruntled movie theater employee that has cleaned up far too many showings of "Finding Nemo".)

I'm sure it's great movie, but I just hate all the crap afterwards.

:p

Heh heh.

I worked at a movie theater all the way through high school. As a result I almost NEVER go to the movies anymore. Maybe twice a year. It takes a Star Wars sequel or a new Spielberg flick to get me into one these days.

Now I work in the live music concet event industry. I never go to concerts as a patron anymore. If I'm not getting paid to be there, I don't go. I guess it's like a bartender hanging out in a bar all day on his day off... you just want to get the hell away from that atmosphere.

LOL, I like R9's movie reviews better than anything I read in the paper. It has such gripping commentary on the top movies today, straight from the movie floor experience.

So in your opinion what has been the best recent movie for you as a cinema employee Rogue Nine?

I also agree that Finding Nemo was a very, very good movie. Toy Story is better, but that's just for me.

Is it just me or is Pixar now the better half of Disney?

So far I've only seen the trailer, and I aim to watch it the day after school releases.

But from the trailer, it seems nice - seemed like a typical father-son story. But some of the scenes from the trailer cracked me up, like that one where the fish burps, and...yeah :D:laughing:

Originally posted by Eets

*stares blankly at Sher*

*blinks*

*points at 2Fast 2Furious*

Go. Now.

no, no they murdered that movie by not having vin desil in it. And I'm white myself, so I'm not being racist, but a white street racer that is respected? Like that'll ever happen:D

Well...u can always RENT 2 fast 2 stupid on DVD and get the same effect. You can't RENT the prequels and get the same effect as the theater experience. Plus who would pee all over Rogue 9's job site?

(oh god..my work is playing hawaiian music....where is my pina colada?)

*excuse me bartender can I have one w/out all that umbrella crap?

It really was awesome! I just saw it yesterday, and in my opinion, it delivered (little in-joke there) :D

It had a lot of that father-son relationship in it, where the father doesn't know how to take care of his son and his son has radical ideas, and they in general just didn't get along well. But then comes the time to find Nemo and unexpected things happen. It's one of those movies that'll make some people wince with displeasure, due to its cheesiness, but others aaaaw with happiness, due to its message.

Oh, and the little humor in the middle, although redundant sometimes, is funny the first couple of times. After a while you just wanna make them move over to another joke :indif:

eg.

The whale-speak "joke"

Overall impression, when I came out the theatre, I felt good, so the movie was good :)

Originally posted by Artoo

I liked the turtle, he reminded me of one of my friends in his near future. :D

"No Dude, Mr. Turtle is my father. My name is Crush."

You were like "Whoooaaa"

I was like "Whaaaoooo"

and you were like "Wheeeeee"

That one simply cracked me up :p

As a sailor, I have to applaud whichever genius came up with the seagulls, because it's *EXACTLY* how they act...

Mine.

Mine. Mine. Mine.

Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

I honestly fell out of my chair.

Archived