ET Warrior

What should my name be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What should my name be?

• ET Warrior
    • Muad'Dib

How about 'Anonymous?'

;)

Note: Darth G is right--the name changes and threads concerning them are getting annoying. Do all of you guys changing your names at the same time actually expect me to remember who you are? Forget it...I'm sure to. :dozey:

True, there are alot of people changing names at the same time. Try putting your old name in your sig for a while. So people remember. That's what I did. And look, I'm a nobody just like I was a year ago. ;)

*Edit* regarding my name. If the store is still open. Can someone donate some points so I can change my name back to what it was? Thanks.

Originally posted by <JOTD>Jedi Hunter

True, there are alot of people changing names at the same time. Try putting your old name in your sig for a while. So people remember. That's what I did. And look, I'm a nobody just like I was a year ago. ;)

*Edit* regarding my name. If the store is still open. Can someone donate some points so I can change my name back to what it was? Thanks.

No problem, but who the hell are you!?!?!?!?

See, this here IS the problem!:confused:

I could see if you guys did like variations on your name, so we at least could keep track of who's who, like say for example I changed my name, it would be "Lord Groovy", "The Groovinator", or just "Groovy"!

However some of you are going to extremes, for example "Jedi Dude" changes his name to "Monkey Hair". This is just plain nuts.

I had to change my name but nobody got confused at all.

It used to be Mandolorian54

now it's Mandalorian54

bet you didn't even notice the difference the first time you looked.

Yep I spelt it wrong the first time. What a waste of credits it was to spell it corectly. But **** happens.

I am going to change it again soon but I'll only keep it for a week. Then I'll change back. Soon as the Credit whore in the other thread gives me 1,000 points.

And I think you should keep ET Warrior. Just because it's your name. But I do like the style of Maud'Dib better, it sounds like an acctual name.

Originally posted by Mandalorian54

I had to change my name but nobody got confused at all.

It used to be Mandolorian54

now it's Mandalorian54

bet you didn't even notice the difference the first time you looked.

Yep I spelt it wrong the first time. What a waste of credits it was to spell it corectly. But **** happens.

I am going to change it again soon but I'll only keep it for a week. Then I'll change back. Soon as the Credit whore in the other thread gives me 1,000 points.

And I think you should keep ET Warrior. Just because it's your name. But I do like the style of Maud'Dib better, it sounds like an acctual name.

In a way it is actually a name. It is the name of the central protagonist in the Dune series.

yeah name changing is dumb, as Rhett n Groove say quite righly; afterall your name is sacred.

If anything I'd drop the warrior part of my name as nobody uses it, but hey its my name and it will stay. Besides How is anyone to know that you've changed your name unless you run round shouting about it and making a general fuss? I certainly was wondering who this muahbid character was.

:confused:

Here have 10 G's! Change it to watever you like best. Change it several times. But I like your OG name the best. Neat to see the names change though. I mean really - was "credit whore" really that bad...and besides....you couldn't tell by my sig??!

I'm not an advocate of changing your name perminantly unless its a really cool name or a modified one. But why not have some fun while we can.?

I'd never donate points to someone to change their name without giving them enough points to change it back!

You should've really made this poll before considering changing your name, ET;)

I kind've agre with Groovy and Rhett: your username should be the name that you are always known by, how you are differentiated from others. Obviously you must've picked your first name for a good reason. Why change now? ^^

And I prefer ET too;)The new name is too much a mouthful:D

The only good name change i ever saw was Matt-leil's to Cryptic :)

If you're gonna change your name then change it to something similar to your current one - Happy guy changed to MeccroniaBlast aint no good :p

PS: Keep ET warrior :)

Actually, changing your name effectively is hard to do. If you want people to remember who the frack you are, anyway... ;)

Many moons ago, when I was but a tenderling at RSN, I first registered as 'Imladil.' Now, that's a fine name--in fact, it's been my personal pen name when I write new age mumbo-jumbo for most of my life--but I wanted something that suited my posting style a little better. Zoom Rabbit was born.

Of course, in those days you couldn't change your name. You simply registered a new one and started all over. I used Imladil at RSN and Zoom Rabbit at XWA and JK.Net (they were all separate websites in those days.) I was constantly re-introducing myself and explaining to everyone just who I was. It literally took years for me to let Imladil dwindle away and transfer my name recognition to ZR here! :D

My point is that changing your name and keeping your identity in the forum is really hard. A lot of you guys changing names right now are losing your identities and essentially becoming new members as far as the rest of us are concerned.

:dozey: Welcome to Lucasforums.

Archived