Favourite Matrix out of the Series

Largo-LaGrande

Whats your favourite Matrix Movie  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite Matrix Movie

• The Matrix
    • The Matrix Reloaded
    • The Matrix Revolutions

revelations, i havn't seen reloaded, but i liked the final fight against smith and the Chinese oracle protecter dude, when the smith's cornered him a yelled out loud(it was only me and meh friends there) "OH NO.....THEY GOT THE CHINESE DUDE!"

The matrix. (first one)

It had action and a good plot. It didn't delve into logic or some complex story. It was basic: Humans vs. Machines.

Great original stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the others, but the first one is what got me into it.

The first Matrix.

It was the only real one that made me feel "wow". You actually knew that Neo was human, and was mortal. Plus the philosphical questions were great. The agents also seemed like powerful gods of the matrix.

Reloaded, on the other hand..Neo was kicking ass -far- too much. Neo could barely take out Smith one-on-one in melee in the first. Now Neo can take 30+ smiths in a big brawl..I just couldnt feel the tension about Neo dying. It was like he had godmode on the entire time(the flying didnt help, either).The best part, however, was at the end when Trinity risked her life to take out the power line. There you wondered if Trinity would die. Except Neo comes in at above mach speed...(since Link said that Neo was the fastest thing he'd seen, and a Jet is a few machs speed..)

Originally posted by Tyrion

The first Matrix.

It was the only real one that made me feel "wow". You actually knew that Neo was human, and was mortal. Plus the philosphical questions were great. The agents also seemed like powerful gods of the matrix.

Reloaded, on the other hand..Neo was kicking ass -far- too much. Neo could barely take out Smith one-on-one in melee in the first. Now Neo can take 30+ smiths in a big brawl..I just couldnt feel the tension about Neo dying. It was like he had godmode on the entire time(the flying didnt help, either).The best part, however, was at the end when Trinity risked her life to take out the power line. There you wondered if Trinity would die. Except Neo comes in at above mach speed...(since Link said that Neo was the fastest thing he'd seen, and a Jet is a few machs speed..)

Ty.... your so wrong. :)

First off all, spoiler are below:

At the end of the orgianl Matrix, neo flys.

Neo couldn't take out the Agent SMiths. He just distracted them long enough. He had to flee though.

If you saw revolutions, you would still think Agents are the poerful Gods of the Matrix. No one is Human in the Matrix anyways. Its not a matter of "mortality" Its a matter of freeing your mind.....

The original. That's where it is, it started the whole thing, and nothing else cna match up to it's "woah" factor. Half of the original you're sitting there wondering just what in the world is going on, and then when at last it's explained it's super cool.

The other two were awesome, but not as awesome as the first.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Ty.... your so wrong. :)

First off all, spoiler are below:

At the end of the orgianl Matrix, neo flys.

Neo couldn't take out the Agent SMiths. He just distracted them long enough. He had to flee though.

If you saw revolutions, you would still think Agents are the poerful Gods of the Matrix. No one is Human in the Matrix anyways. Its not a matter of "mortality" Its a matter of freeing your mind.....

Not wrong, differently opinionated.

I suppose you're right about Neo just distracted(if even that) the smiths, not killing them. Still, he was able to blow 20+ smiths dogpiling him into the air, and then flew. I felt NO tension from Neo fighting the Smiths(and yes, there is dying in the matrix. Since if the mind dies in the matrix, the body dies too). The only part I really liked in the big brawl was when Smith tried to assilimate Neo.

And yeah, at the end of the Matrix Neo flies. Which shows the fact that he went into Uber Neo mode. But it didnt show any fights which were just there to show fighting(Comon', what point did the big brawl in Reloaded really accomplish?).

I mean, Reloaded was an ok movie. No real flaws. But wasnt the best in the series.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Except for the poorly done CG fight scenes.

I mean, when Neo was fighting the smiths.....

just.....gross.....he was like rubber....

True. And that sound of bowling pins when Neo threw that smith into the group of smiths..

The Agents are all powerful throughout every series. Neo NEVER beats Agent Smith... remember that.

Neo was never super uber. He beats stuff... to be sure. But he's FAR from uber.

Fight One: Neo versus Smith

Smith only loses because he decides that humiliating Neo by committing suicide would be the best way to end things. Neo essentially defeats Smith because Smith is, as usual, convinced that human minds are weak and easily broken. Neo never gives up, launches both of them into the air, and escapes. For the rest of the movie, Neo is running for his life. Only at the end, when he finally realizes his true power... does he own Smith.

Fight Two: Neo versus 200 Smiths

Smith is still just an Agent. He assimilates other programs and people, collecting control of the Matrix and becoming more powerful. Unfortunately, at this point, he's only replicated himself with some of the Agents and some of the humans. Not much stronger. But since there are 200 of him, Neo must escape. He simply isn't 'Ready' to take on that kind of a mental burden in the Matrix. Sure, he fights with incredible power. I thought the CG effects were incredible, and as long as you weren't sitting there looking for the effects, like most people do because they think it's cool scrutinize CGI and not rubber muppets, it's almost seamless in transition. The bowling pin effect... comedic... but the move itself was smart. Why WOULDN'T Neo do something like that? In the end though, Neo has to retreat. If he had continued to fight, he would have lost. Period.

Fight Three: Neo versus the "Agent Smith with the Sight"

I hope that doesn't spoil it too much for people who haven't seen it yet. Either way, after a climactic battle, Agent Smith is more powerful than Neo. Afterall, Smith is a program.. with no physical body to worry about. Neo... a little more complicated. Plus... he doesn't have a million lives like a Super Mario game. In the end, Smith cannot be beaten through physical means.

My favorite movie remains Reloaded, purely because we get to watch Neo perform the most 'miracles' in the Matrix. This is his time to demonstrate to us what "the One" can do, and all of his fights had HUGE points to them, in terms of demonstrating what the One is capable of. Fighting a million agents and managing to escape is one. then, when fighting the rogue programs in the mansion... he not only demonstrates his ability to stop 'inanimate objects' like bullets... but he even BLOCKS A SWORD. Well... almost entirely... but that was amazing. The whole movie was like trying to point to the fact that the One was quite powerful. And yet, in the third movie... all that power has no effect on the true outcome of things.

But Reloaded was the most fun. The Matrix sets things up... but in the end... all I ever want to do is see the Lobby scene and the Agent Smith/Neo duel over and over. I don't like watching the rest because it's an introduction... it's old hat.

Gotta be the first for me. The woaaaah factor of bullet time.

Plus i hate the whole way the flying the done in reloaded. Much better flying in revolutions.

So my order of prefrence

1: matrix (simply the fact its something which no one could possible imange...except its creators :D)

2: Revolutions ( the overall finshed film gave a great sense of urgency and frankly kicked ass)

3: Reloaded ( Kicked ass bar some of the crappy CGI ie. flying Neo V Smith's)

I'm watching Revolutions on Friday (:( ) so I can't say, but out of Reloaded and The Matrix I would say The Matrix is better. There was definetely more tension in the fights. In Reloaded it's only like that if Trinity or Morpheus are fighting, and the Neo vs. Smiths fight, while somewhat entertaining was not tense becuase we knew Neo couldn't die.

In Reloaded there were also some rather PS2-looking CGI effects. I mean in a few scenes when Neo is flying, well, I won't go into that. During the Neo/Smiths fight, whenever it goes into bullet time everyone's face's go wierd and thier clothes look... unnatural.

The Architect talking at the end lost me. I only understood about half of it (Zion bieng destroyed 6 times before, there were 6 Ones before, they all chose the door that "saves" the human race and rebuilds Zion, this cycle continues, something about the One bieng a consistent glitch with every version of the Matrix that they cannot get rid of). While this may be necassary to advance the plot it could have been done it a less confusing and boring way.

Also the Matrix had a different feel to it then Reloaded that I liked better.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Not wrong, differently opinionated.

I suppose you're right about Neo just distracted(if even that) the smiths, not killing them. Still, he was able to blow 20+ smiths dogpiling him into the air, and then flew. I felt NO tension from Neo fighting the Smiths(and yes, there is dying in the matrix. Since if the mind dies in the matrix, the body dies too). The only part I really liked in the big brawl was when Smith tried to assilimate Neo.

And yeah, at the end of the Matrix Neo flies. Which shows the fact that he went into Uber Neo mode. But it didnt show any fights which were just there to show fighting(Comon', what point did the big brawl in Reloaded really accomplish?).

I mean, Reloaded was an ok movie. No real flaws. But wasnt the best in the series.

What did it accomplish? It showed us Neo was the One, of course. :)

In my opinion, The Matrix Trilogy is one of those film series that gets progressively worse from first to last. Well, okay, "worse" is quite a harsh word. Perhaps "great, but not as good as the previous " is a better way of putting it.

For me, the first Matrix film was definitely the greatest, hands down, no contest whatsoever. It was the start of it all, got me hooked right from the first minute. I'd never seen anything like this concept before, the special effects were unparallelled, the story mind-blowing, and the action absolutely stunning. All these aspects were well balanced to create an almost flawless epic motion picture.

Next came Reloaded. Having so much to live up to, the directors had to try majorly hard in order to pull off something that even came close to the splendour of the original. They managed it, but with some difficulties. The seamless balance from the first film was non-existant: there were long breaks of nothing happening, followed by exhausting fight sequences, and a rather ubrupt ending. Still, I did enjoy it a lot, it wasn't half as bad as it was made out to be by the press.

I was expecting a lot from the last film in the series. So many loose ends lay untied, and unfortunately by the end of Revolutions, I was still left slightly puzzled and unfulfilled. The first half was way too slow, all the energy was lost in an hour and a half. When it started to get going, it turned into a huge CGI-spectacular (Zion battle). I felt the CG stuff was way too much and overdone, but figured that they couldn't have done it any other way. There wasn't much focus on "The Matrix" itself at all, and the end was rather disappointing. The final fight with Smith was absolutely incredible though.

I wouldn't say the end of the series was bad at all, and I understand how difficult it must be to release a film better or equal to it's predecessor, especially one as successful as The Matrix. I spose a series originally so reliant on visual effects will encounter problems when trying to "better" itself in sequels. Or maybe we need to stand back and look at the trilogy as just one film, instead of 3 different parts. I'll tell ya one thing: I'm hella looking forward to getting them all on DVD next year :D

originally quoted by the blessed Ninny aka Darklighter

In my opinion, The Matrix Trilogy is one of those film series that gets progressively worse from first to last. Well, okay, "worse" is quite a harsh word. Perhaps "great, but not as good as the previous " is a better way of putting it.

testify

I loved the first Matrix

I loved the documentaries on the Matrix

I enjoyed the trailers and documentary for Reloaded

I enjoyed Reloaded, almost as much as the first one

I love the OST's & OSC's for The Matrix & Reloaded

I love the soundtrack for the Animatrix

(except tracks 11&12)

however, Revolutions was okay

just that okay. when I eventually get

the trilogy box set I will watch the Matrix

and Matrix Reloaded again and again

but Revolutions not as much.

(although Seriph was way cool!)

I am still sort of bummed that the one hour of story line in the game is not available unless you have the game. some computers can't run it. I hope when a collectors box comes out they will include it.

what I really did not like was a new Oracle

why both with the twins last time

whats with the french dude

and gratuitous lesbian leather clubbin

accomplish

or a new assortment of characters

oooo the train man *pish shaw!*

I think the Matrix should have stayed at one film.

Archived