Home

Favorite quote (SW or not)

Troopr-Undr-Fir

Ok I was just wondering if anyone else here likes to just read quotes for the hell of it. I do, and I don't know why. Maybe its just to see how these people react to questions. Anyways, post some quotes that you think are kool. The ones I think are kool are in my sig.

and if you can't find a good one and just want to see some pretty good ones here is a link to some of the best http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/quotes.html (really large page)

another good quotation site:

http://www.quotationspage.com/

I have a couple of favorite quotes, one is in my signature, the other is this:

"I have to remind myself that some birds weren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knew it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But your world is just that much colder and emptier when they're gone. I don't know... maybe I just miss my friend."

--Red, from The Shawshank Redemption

"How about, I give you the finger ...and you give me my phone call. " (The Matrix)

"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

"Wake up! Time to die!" (Blade Runner)

"I want more life, f***er." (Blade Runner)

"Say hello to my little friend!" (Scarface)

"Well that's great, that's just f***in' great man, now what the f*** are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty s*** now man... That's it man, game over man, game over, man! Game over!" (Aliens)

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving." (Apocalypse Now)

"The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor. Striking story! But now, the people want to know how the story ends. Only a famous death will do. And what could be more glorious than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena?" (Gladiator)

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." (Star Wars IV)

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" (Star Wars IV)

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." (Star Wars IV)

if i think of any others ill post them.

a few more tidbits:

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

-- Ronald Reagan

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

-- Sir Winston Churchill

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."

-- John Wayne

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

--Mark Twain

"The way I see it, if you conceal the body well enough, there IS no law." -Eets.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -Former President Theodore Roosevelt.

"[insert Witty Remark]" -Anonymous.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstien.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."- Galileo Galilei

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."- Napoleon Bonaparte

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."

- Aldous Huxley

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

- Albert Einstein

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."-Mark Twain

"If you make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. If you put a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life." -Anonymous,

As you can see, I'm rather fond of Einstien's witty quotes.:D

Heres some more leet quotes :D.

Matrix 1-3:

"Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We missed you."

"I'm not so bad, once you get to know me."

Bad Boys 2:

"Holy S***, they do it like we do."

SW:

"Yes, my master"

"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father. I'm your father!"

"I want that ship!"

"Whos scruffy looking?"

"Would someone get this warking carpet out of my way?"

"Always 2 there are. No more, no less. A Master and an Apprentice"

I will post more, once I remember some more.

-Clemme

Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw; a better throw against ones destiny...what was a king to do?

But does one ever have a choice? One can only match move by move the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

"Hand me my wallet, it the one that says Bad Motherf*cker on it"- Pulp Fiction

I love that quote :D

• BRETT (to Jules): Look, what's your name? I got his name's Vincent, but what's yours?
    JULES: My name's Pitt, and you ain't talkin' your ass outta this ****.

• JULES: What country you from!
    BRETT (petrified): What?
    JULES: What" ain't no country I know! Do they speak English in "What?"
    BRETT (near heart attack): What?
    JULES: English-mother****er-can-you-speak-it?
    BRETT: Yes.
    JULES: Then you understand what I'm sayin'?
    BRETT: Yes.
    JULES: Now describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
    BRETT (out of fear): What?

Jules takes his .45 and PRESSES the barrel HARD in Brett's cheek.

JULES: Say "What" again! C'mon, say "What" again! I dare ya, I double dare ya mother****er, say "What" one more goddamn time!

• JULES: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

All from our beloved Pulp fiction ;)

More sporting ones, but what the hell...

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again." - Terry Venables.

"I would not say he is the best left winger in the premiership, but there are none better" - Ron Atkinson

"He's obviously gone in for a wheel change. I say obviously because I can't see it"

"With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go"

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough?"

"It's raining and the track is wet" - All quotes by the F1 legend Murray Walker.

:D

I found this one in the forums, and I edited it a little.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Training lightsabres have special settings so as not to kill anyone it comes into contact with..

Jedi Padawan : 0|\/|g 0|\/|g!! N3rf3d |1g|-|7s4b3r!! 1 H17 jo0 102491257 t13M5 4|) J00 n0 D13!

Jedi Master: Jo0 4r3 gh3y 1n t3h f4c3. "

Some other quotes..

"Got Milk?" - Some ad.

" I find your remark so stupid its impossible to come up with words to insult you " - Me; in some other board.

This quote needs some thinking, its from Smallville, in the episode he dreams of him skinny-dipping(dipping in a lake; naked) in a lake with a girl.

I think we should go swimming at Crater Lake - Lana Lang

I don't think skinny dipping is such a great idea - Clark Kent.

Who said anything about skinny dipping? - Lana Lang.

Well maybe in your dreams - Lana Lang.

I loved Clark's face at that remark, the irony was great too..

Another Smallville quote.

You might think its funny, but my parents died in there

*I don't give a damn look* Well I'm sorry, but that makes you newsworthy.

Looks crappy in a quote, but when acted out, its hilarious.

and another thing about starwars, y doesnt the god guy take the bad guys sbare after he dies, and vice versa? y do they always talk after the swing at each other? y r there goodies and badies? y doesnt averyone have a sbre? y does yoda talk like an idiot? y didnt padame get her clothes riped off by the monsters? i dould go on forever.

Meh, nuff said, look at the bolded line; and to the rest of the post.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make

you a chicken" ~ Tyler - Fight club

Reporter: Tell me, how did you find America?

John Lennon: Turned left at Greenland.

There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane? ~ Airplane

"Shop smart...shop S-mart" -Ash

"Listen up you primitive screwheads...see this..this..IS MY BOOMSTICK"-Ash (Army of Darkness)

"I'll swallow your soul"

"Come Get Some" - Army of Darkness

"Ahh...the children of the night, what sweet music they make" -Dracula

"I am nothing, lifeless, soulless, hated and feared. I

am dead to all the world...hear me! I am the monster the

breathing men would kill. I am Dracula."

"I'm a mushroom cloud layin' motherf*****, motherf*****...your the one that should be on brain detail" -Jules (pulp fiction)

"I am not an animal...I am a human being" -John Merrick (The Elephant man)

"The owls are not what they seem" -Twin Peaks

OLD KIM: "No, sweetheart. I'm an old woman now. I would rather want him remember me the way as I was."

GRANDDAUGHTER: How do you know he's still alive.

OLD KIM: "I don't know. Not for sure. But I believe he is. You see, before he came down here, it never snowed. And afterwards it did. If he weren't up there now, I don't think it would be snowing.Sometimes you can still catch me dancing in it." - (Edward Scissorhands)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Einstein

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -Einstein

"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater." -Einstein

"All that is visible, clings to the invisible,

the audible to the inaudible,

the tangible to the intangible:

Perhaps the thinkable to the unthinkable." -Novalis

"Laugh it up fuzzball" -Han Solo

*edit* forgot one: "I wish I was like you..easily ammused" -K. Cobain

Could go on for days but I will spare ya,

eniaC

Archived