Home

"LucasArts Soundtracks" - the site is finally UP

Laserschwert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

running athalon xp 3200 processor, 512meg ram, winxp, nothing wrong with the computer that I'm aware of. If it helps, I've seen people ask this same question on other boards. No one ever seems to respond to them though, so it's a problem a lot of people are having. Are there any other programs besides Miles I could try?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same difficulty as the previous posters. I tried Miles several times...uninstalling and reinstalling with absolutely no luck. Still receiving the message saying that I lack the proper codec. Any suggestions? Can anyone post their version of miles that seems to work...LucasArts may have had the codec removed to prevent pirating....

OK, Miles does NOT seem to work but I did figure out another strategy to get these damn files converted into a format that you can manipulate. First...if you are using Windows XP...you want to go to tools...folder options...click the view tab and make sure that hide extensions for known file tabs is NOT selected. At this point every file should have a .wav extension. You want to change this extension to a .mp3 extension. Now at this point, windows media player will still not recognize the file, BUT at this point you can use a program (I am using Creative MediaSource Audio Converter) to change your "false" .mp3 to a new .mp3 that will work. Hope this helps...Not sure what the problem with Miles is...but this is a decent band-aid. Now on to post production for my SW Fanfilm...plenty of rotoscoping and sound editing to go.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, if anybody is still looking for the stuff that once roamed my site (and some new stuff like the KotOR2-soundtrack) I have two words for you "Galbadia Hotel". No link for obvious reasons. Except for "Emperor's Tomb" (which I think will be there in a short while) all of my stuff is up there.

But back to daltysmilth's request... anybody?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be fair, there isn't much to do in a new LucasArts soundtrack these days. He can't do Indy or Star Wars, so what else is there really?

The only thing I can think of is a big 'Best Of LucasArts' CD. And then there'll just be loads of arguing about what to put on it.

Maybe we could have a debate and a vote right here.

Of course, this will still be up to you Jan, if you wanna do one last LA fling!

I don't PROMISE things... I never do.

Hehehe, but at least once, you did!

But of course I was joking, it's only that is sad to see a so well-done site not being updated for so long. It's a real pity.

To be fair, there isn't much to do in a new LucasArts soundtrack these days.

That's true, but he can always make soundtracks and covers for other videogames, even if they aren't from LucasArts.

I mean, LucasArts is almost dead, it's pretty much only Star Wars (will the new Indy game ever see the light of the day?), but there are a lot of game composers out there...

If you have passion on something, you must go on! :)

Do you guys know Mateo Pascual? He scored all the Commandos games, plus Praetorians. His music is wonderful, you should check it out. ;)

• 1 month later...
OK, Miles does NOT seem to work but I did figure out another strategy to get these damn files converted into a format that you can manipulate. First...if you are using Windows XP...you want to go to tools...folder options...click the view tab and make sure that hide extensions for known file tabs is NOT selected. At this point every file should have a .wav extension. You want to change this extension to a .mp3 extension. Now at this point, windows media player will still not recognize the file, BUT at this point you can use a program (I am using Creative MediaSource Audio Converter) to change your "false" .mp3 to a new .mp3 that will work. Hope this helps...Not sure what the problem with Miles is...but this is a decent band-aid. Now on to post production for my SW Fanfilm...plenty of rotoscoping and sound editing to go.

I tried converting all the .wavs in stream music to mp3s, then I went into miles and decompressed them, but when I play it it doesn't work, there's just a fraction of a second of silence, same as when I played the origional .wavs in WinAmp. Help?

Archived