Home

The Return of the King (**Contains Spoilers**)

Jrob

Just saw the return of the king. There were four midnight showings tuesday night /wednesday morning. All were sold out by 7:30 tuesday evening. IMO it is far the best triology movie i have ever seen. For those who have seen it share your thoughts without giving any spoilers to those that have not.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even after driving half an hour and waiting an hour in line, I witnessed a masterpiece that is the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King movie. Peter Jackson did an absolute BRILLIANT job in capturing the books and for making this a trilogy that will be watched over and over and enjoyed MANY times over. All the events that led up to the end of the movie were just spectacular. Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Sir Ian McKellen, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, and the rest of the Top Notch crew did a fantastic job capturing the feeling of J.R.R. Tolkien's dream. 2 Thumbs way up. This is definitely THE MUST SEE movie of the year.

Shannon begged for spoilers so I had to give her some. here they are.

1. I teared up many many times.

2. There's a scene where huge fire beakons are lit all across a mountain range; Gondor's signal for help. It was one of my favorite scene.

3. "THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE!" :D Best Gimli line evar. It happens after Legolas single handedly takes down a giant elephant full of baddies, then lands right in front of an awe struck Gimli.

4. The army of the dead was so very cool. They ferociously swarm in battle.

5. There's SOOOOOOOO much music in it that isn't on the ost. I want an ultimate edition of the ost or something. :D

6. You know ho wthe average movie has a highlight sometime near the end of the movie wear you're like, "WOW!"? RotK is like one of those, over and over and over again.

7. Man there ARE a lot of endings. (Screen goes black for like five seconds then something else comes) :D I didn't mind any of them though.

8. I'm not sure how it got a pg-13 rating. There was extreme violence throughout. Heads being chucked, people being crushed all over the place, blood everywhere, TWO cases of someone being burned to death and much more!

9. When you see Denathor end himself, remember to think of my MST3K line for when he does it.

"Eh, I give the dive a ten but I doubt he'll stick the landing"

Oh how I amuse myself. :D

10. Everyone has lots of screentime.

11. I cannot WAIT for the EE edition for I know it will somehow manage to be even better than this version.

Now Peter, Bring on da Hobbit!

I will not be going until after the holidays are over,

and all youu little hobbits are back in school.

since I read the book I kind of know what's coming.

and having worked in a theater during the holidays

I know how badly theater chains treat their staff,

so I just can't bring myself to add more misery

to what they already go through.

But I do hope you all have enjoyed the trilogy.

If it means some of you will read LOTR for the first time,

Peter's movies will have been worth it.

Heh, fellowship was what got me reading the books. I'm in TTT in "Shelobs Lair".

ok, my things, with spoiler tag...

You weren't the only one who teared many times. I did too.

SWEET JUMPIN JEHOSOPHATS YEEHAW!(soooo stolen from DirecTV commercial :D) This is without a doubt the best movie I have ever seen. Eva. Period.

And yes, the Legolas-Gimli kill coun't rivalry returns, as they are hewing orcs, you hear from both of them just counting.

Rhett, damn you, you put it first!

"That still only counts as one!"-Best. Gimli. Quote. Eva. Period.

Now I want to finish everything, but I have a question for those of you who might know...what is up with them leaving middle earth? Is that like going to heaven or something?

I would not have given it a PG-13, but I'm glad it was because I got to see it :p

And Must. See. Movie. Of the year. No contest. Winner by default. Etc, etc.

Oh yeah! I'm seeing it tonight at 8 pm, thats like 6 more hours :D

Originally posted by BongoBob

what is up with them leaving middle earth? Is that like going to heaven or something?

If you read the Silmarillion (Tolkiens best work IMO) you will find out that they are going to the Undying Lands (Valinor) where all the elves are headed... Thats where the "minor gods" or the Valar live... So its kinda like heaven, only that they don't die ;)

It was so awsome! So awsome! so aw-- ok, i will be posting some pretty big spoilers ahead so remember what a spoiler tag is for, curiosity killed 'da cat

it was really violent, just about everyone in the theatre almost passed out at the shelob part :-p i was not expecting Bilbo, at the end of the movie, to look so FREAKIN' OLD! They went to the very end to the last line in the book "I'm back" they followed the eowyn-merry-witch king part exactly as in the book. Well, i have my pride but.... I [lie]almost[/lie] teared up very many times, I felt sweat dripping at some of the more massive parts, there were some bad 3D parts but it does not blemish the perfection, Andy Serkins got an intro as smegol. So, yes, as morpheous said in the direct-tv commersial, bongo, JUPIN JIHOSEPHET YEEHHAAA!!!

Originally posted by the_raven_0_3

I get to see it tonight at 7 and the way it is sounding, I will not be dissappointed.

[CreepyDisturbingYodaVoice]You won't be... You won't be[/CreepyDisturbingYodaVoice]

if I was as academy awards person, I would just say "Give them all to RotK"

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

It didn't.

And thats ok, but this movie like all others, isnt for everyone. Like Titanic and Monster's Ball bored the hell out of me. What was funny though was that when they showed the preview for the 2nd mask movie coming out, everyone booed it. :) But most cheered the new Harry potter movie, but I was mad that there was no Spider-Man 2 trailer, even though there was the one for The Punisher.

Well, that 4 yr old girl that sam and Rosie hold is actually Sean Astin's daughter, Alexandria. So, plus not all babies are cute;) Like they said in the behind the scenes for Sam, he is the average person, so average people have average babies for the most part, even when they are with people like Rosie Cotton;) :D

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

It didn't.

Funny you should say that....because I came into this movie with the absolute highest hopes and dreams, and they were SHATTERED by the brilliance that is this movie..

I will not say I was brought close to tears. I freakin WEPT during this movie. And not just the sad parts, but the happy parts too

When Aragorn said to the hobbits "You bow to no one" and all the men bowed to them. That was unbelievable

that was an awesome scene, and a lot of people cheered in the screen I was at when

Aragorn saw Arwen at Minas Tirith, and grabbed her and landed one right on her

plus a lot of people though that the hobbits in general had great parts in the movie. definitely a tear-jerker.

When aragorn turned down Eowyn, one girl said "Got that right *****, he's mine!!!"

Archived