Home

The Return of the King (**Contains Spoilers**)

Jrob

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the people at the theater I saw it at clapped and cheered when Eowyn beheaded that thing the Witch King was riding, and the part with Legolas taking down the elephant, and the dead army swarm. Buncha nuts...I also saw a guy turn around and act like he was going to ***** slap these teenage guys that talked and farted through the whole thing. I think that was the best part of the movie.

What can I say? I second every praise the movie has gotten and will get. Man I teared up big at the end, so bitter sweet. I liked that the ending was very accurate to the book. Its too bad they had to cut out so much over all, Id have liked it if the movie was 4 hours long and had all the major scenes in it, including

Gandalf and Theoden confronting Saruman at Isengard.

Anyway regardless, best picture of the year, period! :D

Gimli: Here is a thing unheard of! An elf will go underground, yet a dwarf dare not... Oh, I'd never hear the end of it!

This movie rocked!!! I'll probably see it several more times before it comes out. And I cried too... I expected my sister to cry, but I surprised myself when I started up.:D

That was a great movie. I worst of them all was The Two Towers. They really messed that one up (Faramir). The others were excellent. What's great is that I got an extra ticket for free because of a screwup that made us wait another 30 mins to watch the movie. I'll probably go see it again, because I know there's no other movie that will be half as good as ROTK. :thumbsup:

The ROTK: EE is going to be even better. I'm going to buy that ASAP.

i wouldnt say the two towers was the worst of them all...

each movie was made in a specific way, the fellowship of the ring made to sort of develop the characters in a way, the two towers being as a war movie in a way, and return of the king is like a mix of the two...

so like calling two towers the worst one is a bit harsh, i dont know, THE WHOLE TRILOGY WAS FREAKIN GREAT!:D

p.s. this isnt meant to flame ya;)

It being the worst one IMO didn't stop me from buying it the day it came out on DVD... :D I just don't like the way they present Faramir, and how they made him take Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath. That was a major departure from the book. He was supposed to be stronger of will than Boromir, and be able to let the hobbits go.

I wondered that as I read it. I was like, hold on, didn't he take them somewhere by force? And didn't he try to take the ring also? Major changes there.

PS:I borrowed my cousins TTT DVD, and my mom is gonna watch it tonight, and then she's gonna go with me to RotK tomarrow. I wanna see it again!

PPS:Anyone that saw them all, and says that they didn't tear/cry is LYING THEIR ASSES OFF!

Originally posted by BongoBob

PPS:Anyone that saw them all, and says that they didn't tear/cry is LYING THEIR ASSES OFF!

Seriously. I liked it, but I never got all weepy once. I never read the books, so I was disapointed about Frodo living, since I hate E. Wood, but that's it. That's as clost to crying as I ever got. Death to E. Wood. Call me a liar if you will.

I liked the mvoie, best of 3..But i hated the 'subtility in it'

1. Frodo and sam are in front that gate, climbing up the stairway. Oh guess what stupid orcs, yuou can't see us (dont tell me its the elfish coat

2. the army of orcs is like 'BE QUIET, THEY MAY NOT SEE US!!!! Sshh!! we must come in surprise! But guess what, NOBODY noticed the tower flashing like hell..nice cover

3. the gondor dudes are like 2 meters in front of them, moving from pillar to pillar but no, the orcs dont notice them. especially not when they walk past them. oh god is everyone blind in rotk?

4. the psider. How can a massive thing like that be COMPLETELY silent? On a rocky surface? it's impossible..or frodos gone deaf

In conclusion, in ROTK everyone is blind and deaf

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

It being the worst one IMO didn't stop me from buying it the day it came out on DVD... :D I just don't like the way they present Faramir, and how they made him take Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath. That was a major departure from the book. He was supposed to be stronger of will than Boromir, and be able to let the hobbits go.

its explained with a scene that is added in TTT:EE. where its shows that Boromir is favortized(sp?) by Denethor. it all made sense when I saw that scene.

Man, Denethor was a prick, wasn't he?

Anyway, I can't decide who kicked more butt in this one: Sam, Gandalf, or Aragorn.

Sure Legolas took down an entire oliphant by himself, but thats all he did in the movie just about. =\

you read the Silmarillion (Tolkiens best work IMO) you will find out that they are going to the Undying Lands (Valinor) where all the elves are headed... Thats where the "minor gods" or the Valar live... So its kinda like heaven, only that they don't die

Just to show my knowing everything about LOTR and tolkiens works, The gray havens are not part of valinor they are an elven haven.

The origonal valinor is on the other side of Arda.

its explained with a scene that is added in TTT:EE. where its shows that Boromir is favortized(sp?) by Denethor. it all made sense when I saw that scene.

I have the TTT:EE, and I have seen that, but it still does not excuse them departing the book so far with Faramir. That scene was very good though, and should have been put in the theatre version.

I went into the cinema half-expecting it to be just some rushed add-on to an already brilliant series...

...oh, how wrong I was. I was literally spellbounded, amazed, eyes glued to the screen, whatever you wanna call it, it was more than likely the best film I'd ever seen. And I'm not exaggerating.

The whole just had me gripped til the end. I think it was even better that I hadn't read the book, cos I didn't know what was going to happen. And my God, that was some ending o.o It was really, really emotional, which shocked me, cos I could really feel what was going on, they had portrayed it all so well.

They had so much to cram into the last film...and only a LOTR movie could get away with making it 3 hours and 11 minutes long. And thank god it wasn't any shorter...I didn't want it to end. All the characters were portrayed so well...the whole ordeal with Frodo and Sam and Gollum at the end was really touching, and I was hanging off the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen. My favourite bit was when Legolas took down all those orcs and the oliphont, surfed down its trunk...and Gimli goes "That still only counts as one!" The whole theatre errupted in laughter XD Of course, Aragorn IS the man...becoming kickass King man, I thought he did brilliantly. And who doesn't love Gandalf? ^^

Even the long drawn-out ending...I'm sure it went on for about half an hour. I expected people to start talking and walking out...but everyone's gaze was fixed on what was happening on screen. It was amazing, that it had that effect. I admit, I actually got pretty teary on the end parts...it really hits you hard. Even my brother, who is emotionless all the time, was trying to stop the tears from coming XD lol

I for one, and I'm sure many others, came out the cinema with a massive grin on your face and red eyes, lol. Fantastic ending to a fantastic series...they couldn't have possibly made it any better.

Simply the best ^^

Originally posted by Celladur

Just to show my knowing everything about LOTR and tolkiens works, The gray havens are not part of valinor they are an elven haven.

The origonal valinor is on the other side of Arda.

yeah, i know that... i just said that from the Grey Havens (which lies in the Gulf Of Lhûn) they sail to Valinor, which is across the sea ;)

Originally posted by Darklighter

I went into the cinema half-expecting it to be just some rushed add-on to an already brilliant series...

...oh, how wrong I was. I was literally spellbounded, amazed, eyes glued to the screen, whatever you wanna call it, it was more than likely the best film I'd ever seen. And I'm not exaggerating.

The whole just had me gripped til the end. I think it was even better that I hadn't read the book, cos I didn't know what was going to happen. And my God, that was some ending o.o It was really, really emotional, which shocked me, cos I could really feel what was going on, they had portrayed it all so well.

They had so much to cram into the last film...and only a LOTR movie could get away with making it 3 hours and 11 minutes long. And thank god it wasn't any shorter...I didn't want it to end. All the characters were portrayed so well...the whole ordeal with Frodo and Sam and Gollum at the end was really touching, and I was hanging off the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen. My favourite bit was when Legolas took down all those orcs and the oliphont, surfed down its trunk...and Gimli goes "That still only counts as one!" The whole theatre errupted in laughter XD Of course, Aragorn IS the man...becoming kickass King man, I thought he did brilliantly. And who doesn't love Gandalf? ^^

Even the long drawn-out ending...I'm sure it went on for about half an hour. I expected people to start talking and walking out...but everyone's gaze was fixed on what was happening on screen. It was amazing, that it had that effect. I admit, I actually got pretty teary on the end parts...it really hits you hard. Even my brother, who is emotionless all the time, was trying to stop the tears from coming XD lol

I for one, and I'm sure many others, came out the cinema with a massive grin on your face and red eyes, lol. Fantastic ending to a fantastic series...they couldn't have possibly made it any better.

Simply the best ^^

now what are you doing here? Shoo! Shoo! Fly and read the book now fool! You must read it! In this order The Hobbit, The Fellowship, The Two Towers, The Return of the king, And The Silmarillion. Sure to bring you days and days of exitement!

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Man, Denethor was a prick, wasn't he?

Anyway, I can't decide who kicked more butt in this one: Sam, Gandalf, or Aragorn.

Sure Legolas took down an entire oliphant by himself, but thats all he did in the movie just about. =\

I think Gandalf did some serious butt-kicking as well, like the scene

where he defends Peregrin Took from those Orcs

That was friggin awesome. Definitely showed how a 7,000 yr old White wizard can still lay the smack down.

(thats how old Sir Ian McKellen said Gandalf was during the ROTK Video Game Interview)

Archived