Home

DAWN OF THE DEAD is awesome!!!! *spoilers*

jebbers

i just got home from watchin the movie and it is sweet......a great part of the movie is when.....

CJ throws the propane tank in the crowd of zombies and shoots it....and the shuttle buses are cool looking......but how did you like the ending?? for me it was a good ending.....

I heard it was pretty lame.....I've seen a million zombie-attacking-5-or-6-survivors-in-a-huge-town movies. I dunno...I might see it...

I watched "secret window" yesterday though, it was pretty good.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

My only question is this. How close to the original is it?

There in the same old mall, the actual old mall.

I saw it yesterday, That was so freakin scary. I think it was fantastic. I like the whole end of the world feel they had.

That was messed up at the end when they all died at the Wharf on the island

Meh.

It didn't have the strange humour of the original (blasting zombies while ice skating just seems rather funny to me :p), it didn't do well establishing the characters (also unlike the original), and it seemed as if the movie was just trying to mooch off the success of 28 days later (zombies that can run??! NO! They are lumbering, overweight men in makeup!)

Overall, the movie was entertaining at some points, but has nothing on the original.

Originally posted by sabretooth

I'm not watching it. It's not like I'm afraid or anything...

I'm not watching it. It's because i'm afraid of it...

And if you want to call me a little girl you can. I've already come to terms with my girliness.

I even wear pink ribbons in my hair

Originally posted by ET Warrior

And if you want to call me a little girl you can. I've already come to terms with my girliness.

Thx for the image ET...

I had fun watching it

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Ah. Good. You're becoming more feminine.

but do you wear pink thongs yet?

And as for the movie, I would see it, but I can't because a certain lady friend of mine doesn't want to.

i dunno why ppl are shunning this flick...

i more or less seen the first one when it actually came out (yes ima old fart)

its just a more modernized and compact version of the original(the first one was over 2 1/2 hours)

yes the first one was a bit more comical( music scatters their rotting brains) falling over aimlessly

This movie plays on it more as of a virus than anything- yes you say 28 days later but the ideas have been around for this for ages zombies in the past have been too bland it was time they made them fast and strong- you cant get totally anarchy in 1-2 days with undead moving 0-60 in 4 hours

you CANNOT watch the first 20 minutes of this movie and tell me it doesnt kick ass when all hell breaks loose for the first time

the characters are poorly developed and have limited dialogue but in all reality WHAT HORROR MOVIE DOES? why invest the time to develop someone that is going to enevitably meet their dooooom.

overall it is worth the see and im sure ill own it along with the original when it comes out to dvd

and yes the scene with CJ and the tank is wonderful.

however donot take a pregnant woman to see this movie... those who seen it know what im talking about.......

1 word: Idiotic.

I mean, no zombie is that quick or that smart, which basically means NO MASS OF ZOMBIES IS THAT QUICK OR SMART!!

Zombies are scary because of 2 words - SHEER NUMBERS

Anyone of us could take a zombie if we had a baseball bat. But when there is 100 zombies and 1 of you, thats when you get worried. And its not like they'll attack with team percision; they'll attack with idiocy which means you could still probably kill em.

I need to direct a zombie movie, then it wouldn't appeal to the idiotic masses, it'll appeal to those with enough intellegence to know what a real zombie is.

Not to insult anyone here, of course:D

Kain does your head hurt from looking so in depth about zombies?? cuz it sure seems like it should....i mean c'mon its a movie...not like we are talking about abortion or religion(<---no offense to anyone who takes them seriously)...just a good ol' movie about the classic monster zombies.....:zamn1:

look JAY LENOs HEAD!!!!!--->:explode:

cannot express the hugeness of this "meh"....

ah well, horror fans might find some interest in it. I definitely dont. I like dialogue, plot, intrigue, twists, amazing cinematography and directing, and superb acting performances...

not zombies chasing a group of doomed fools around a town...

The only "horror" movie I've ever been interested in per se, is "Kwaidan"(1968), directed by the amazing Masaki Kobayashi. It is a collection of 4 traditional Japanese mythic type 'horror' stories.... If anyone has ever seen it(and I doubt, anyone here under the age of 20 has.....Mike have you seen it ???) you will know what I mean when I say this film is amazing.....

mtfbwya

Archived