Home

it sucks being this good

whitedragon

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Beyond Good and Evil. Freedom Fighters. True Crime. These are some of the kick ass games that i beat in 2 weeks or less. Dont get me wrong they were fun but too easy and too short. Does anyone else have this problem finding yourself paying 30 or more dollors for 2 or less weeks of enjoyment. Ive been searching for awhile for a game that lasts a long time and dosent get boreing. I tryed neverwinter nights but i find myself getting bored with it after an hour, i play it every now and then though. max payne 2 has lasted me awhile even though ive probley finished it about 10 times by now. so anyways to the point of this thread. anyone have any suggestions for a hardcore gamer like me?

WHITEDRAGON! :D

I hear Ninja Gaiden is extremely hard, if you're looking for a challenge. I'm having difficulty with James Bond: Everything or Nothing atm. Some bits are really easy and other bits are frustatingly hard.

Anyway, really good to see you. :)

Originally posted by leXX

I hear Ninja Gaiden is extremely hard, if you're looking for a challenge. I'm having difficulty with James Bond: Everything or Nothing atm. Some bits are really easy and other bits are frustatingly hard.

yup im definitly would get ninja gaiden if i had an xbox so i have a deep seeded envy for you xbox users :mad:. everything or nothing well i beat that too but it was still chalengeing somewhat. anyhoo dont worry lexx ill drop in now and then to say hi ;)

You're lucky to have beaten the Twin Snakes, or maybe you're just too good, but I've just started playing the game. I'm a first-time player to the Metal Gear series, so I'll probably take a bit longer.

I'd try Red Faction III, The Suffering, or something else. I don't know. I'm not good at making choices on which game is hardest.

Kinda becoming an oldie, but if you haven't already, get Soldier of Fortune 2. It's not extremely hard, but can get pretty hairy at times, especially on the toughest setting. Besides it has decent replayability as well. One of the greatest games ever IMO. You can probably get it cheap now as well.

Grrrrrr. NES games bring back such long, frustrating, excellent memories that I almost shudder when I smile. I probably played for two days straight to beat Mario 3. Never even made it past the Hoth Level on the Empire Strikes Back.

Yeah, if you're looking for a real gamer challenge blow the dust off an NES and see how you do with ABSOLUTELY NO IN GAME SAVES. Not that I knew the difference back then, you hey, i get spoiled fast. :p

yeah, KOTOR has good replay value and for fun i got the grand theft auto doublepack, but that only took me a couple of months. still fun though. i had trouble w/ rogue leader near the middle/end for some reason especially the level where you are on bespin flying in the crappy a-wing. but dead to rights on the xbox is extremely hard. it took me a week to get the first couple of levels and i had to stop playing it. good thing it was a rental. it has a permenant diffulculty setting of extremely hard or something like that.

GTA is good if you want to get 100% it takes months to get that.

Also, I'd like to say one more thing: The problem Whitedragon has is the main reason why mods are so important right now. Developers are discovering that they can make 9 hour games and they'll sell, so they don't put in the effort to make it longer. Or they want to say it has long durability so they just copy/paste some textures (COUGHhaloCOUGH). Games heavy on the story like MGS I can forgive, since you can only strech out the story so far.

If you want something that'll keep you busy for months, buy Unreal Tournament 2004. It has a sport-like competition, more than 110+ maps and 75+ characters. If you beat the game, which should take about 10-15 hours, you'll have more than plenty fun in playing Multiplayer online. If you can't/don't play multiplayer, this game won't last long with you. But it's worth a try anyways.

Lots of cool games coming nowadays. Check Gamespot , IGN , or Gamespy for latest gaming news, updates, reviews, previews blah blah

well to be honest i did beat return of the king in about 2 days and it has no replay value what-so-eva but KOTOR that is a game i shall be playing for awhile. btw i played a demo of ninja gaiden and i almost messed myself. it is everything i wanted in a video game so i have decided to by an X-box even if its just for that game.

Heeeeey, didn't read all of the posts but here we go.

ever since I was blessed with a playstation, The longest game to beat, and this is my record for all, was 3 weeks.And that was final Fantasy 8.

Now, every game I have for playstation, I beat in a day, to three.

As for ps2, I beat all of them in a day, except for MGS2:SoL, That took me two, but I never replayed it to try and beat my record.

Dragon, I feel pitty on you for the length in time it took to beat The Twin Snakes, I beat it in a day, like, 17 hours or so? WIth breaks.

Freedom Fighters took a couple hours, then like 1 hour cause I cheated my second time around.

I've never tooken longer than 3 days to complete a game, Excluding the special case, but I beat that in 3 days afterwards.

I tried beating FF7 in one day, but got tired and slept, it took me 30 hours to complete it :D

I'm the l33t of game play :mad:

Dante, 30 hrs is OK for ff7 and a bit more for ff8 of course, but surely you must be going through missing alot of little sidequests and hidden items...that's what makes it fun (for me) FFIX took me 58 hrs(Its my fave, Ive done it thrice), FFX took me 60 hours, super official guide by my side I got *everything*.... FFX-2, Im sorta halfway, FF CC - Im sorta 3/4, FFTA, Im sorta 3/4 as well :D

I'm actually currently doing my darkside journey on KOTOR, once thats done with I can finish all my FF biz, and finish NWN HoTU !

too many cool games....not enough time

I also am becoming very interested in BG : Dark Alliance...might have to give it a go as a rental first.....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by leXX

In all honesty, I beat the story of Ninja Gaiden in four days. It was a very, very excellent test in reflexes and such for me, and is one of the few games that has given me an actual challenge in a long time.

However, unlocking everything else and beating the game in both Hard/Very Hard takes a while... I've unlocked all three earlier NGs, and have beaten Hard. I'm on the brink of finishing Very Hard.

I tried beating FF7 in one day, but got tired and slept, it took me 30 hours to complete it

Now my question is did you branch off for other things or did you shoot straight for Sephiroth?

Archived