Home

In b4 zOMG DOUBLE POST!

Today was my english final, which from what I knew was going to basically be short answer questions about what we've read since the midterm. Only problem is, I've been there so little since the midterm that I don't even remember what we've read. So I walk in expecting to bomb horribly, and he instead simply asks us to right a short essay about whether or not English classes should be manditory. In other words, instead of bombing, I passed with flying colors.

Dodging bullets ftw :D

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just got me one of these:

1990-98-Geo-Chevrolet-Tracker-96125041990612.jpg

my truck (the construction yellow, ford ranger) needed too much work (lead spring busted, catalytic converter was going, muffler was shot, brakes and rotors were shot, and the left wheel axle was a little bent), so i just decided to get a low mileage vehicle, and this only had a little over 41,000 miles on it. it drives nice, still getting used to switching to 4WD when i need to though...

(note: vehicle pictured is not the exact one i have, but it's the same color and model)

So tell me, did this bad boy come with the soccer ball and screaming children or are those extra? :p

If one too many beers at a bar is considered an extra cost, then yes.

All I need is a large paper bag, a few McDonald triple-stacked hamburgers, and a trip to a clinic for the morbidly obese.

Oh, and the audacity of Hercules. I'd travel to depths no sane mortal would ever fathom to explore, let alone with his peeper.

crossbowfun.jpg

Free gift from Nintendo... Manager's perk for attending the manager conference back in September!

Hate to say it, but it makes playing Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles a lot more fun, and makes me thankful that I hung on to the Wii after all.

I was tempted to trade the damn Wii in because I am fed up with the daily nonsense that customers put us through, and an overall lousy selection of games in the past year.

Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 4, and Super Mario Galaxy are the only things that make me hang on to this system.

[image of a medium quality power supply]

500w CoolMax ATX PSU

$40 off NewEgg

Now I can use my 7900GS KO on my main computer friggin' finally, thinking of getting a new $130-180 CPU within the next few weeks then a 8600 or maybe a 8800 - expecting a lot of Xmas money.

B000MR5FBU01_SCLZZZZZZZ_V44321403_.jpg

$30 at Best Buy

Oh yeah, you bet! I played SH3 a year or so ago and it was some of the best fun I've had. It really sucks you in, sure- it's incredibly complicated at the beginning even with more of the assistance turned on, it's still a boat submarine load of fun.

Also, I played the Rock Band demo today (I already have the game, though) and tried the Strat controller... it's freaking horrible. Feels cheap and fragile. The buttons are a little too large, get accidentally hit all the time because they fall off the edges. The whammy bar is in a weird position. The tilt function didn't work for me. It just felt wrong, I'd rather use the SG than that piece of crap.

*Edit*

I finished my first mission of SH4... Well, I thought I did but was then told to patrol somewhere else so I decided to call it a night... at 1:45am... It took me from around 10:30pm to 1:45am... It was a lot of fun though. I sank a lot of Japanese fishing boats with my cannon. Destroyed a freighter with one torp, it took around 30 minutes for it to sink, though. And had to deliver a spy to a Japanese town by dropping him off in a life raft in 30 foot deep water... mere feet from the bottom with rocks.

But anyway, a lot of fun, the water looks great, above and under. Hunting is a lot of fun, and I'm glad you can time compress all the way to 8192x, SH3 had a max of around 1024x I think, and it doesn't lag when changing the time.

Only disappointment is that the explosions look a little bleh. They look big and all, but it's like the explosions are going through a sort of filter that make it look compressed and muddy. And game run at 30-35 fps at max settings @ 1024x1280.

Double post, sue me.

But I'm poor now. But I did the math and I decided to get it last night because by New Years I predicted that with collected debts, paychecks, and gifts, I would get over $700. So I just took a cash dump of $420 and have plans to still make a gain. Hope my bank doesn't call all pissed off that I just emptied a good chunk of my bank account.

19-103-191-04.jpg

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual-Core Processor - Retail

$160 + $10 for Thermal Paste and Shipping

extremepcgear_1981_32066240.jpg

PNY XLR8 8800GT 512MB

$240 + $7 3-Day Shipping

Big upgrade from AMD 3800 Single Core and a 7900GSKO 256mb. I plan on selling my CPU to a friend for like $30. And I might sell my 7900GSKO on eBay of something. DX10 here I come... this **** will run Crysis and UT3 no problem... muwahahahaha...

But I'm poor now. But I did the math and I decided to get it last night because by New Years I predicted that with collected debts, paychecks, and gifts, I would get over $700.

You know, Christmas is almost here. Wouldn't you feel much better about yourself if you bought gifts for other instead of for personal gain?

:indif:

UT3 actually runs incredibly well on any system that can play most games. They did a good job with it.

It runs great with an ATI X800XL and a Athlon 64 3500 with 1GB of cheap ram

It runs perfect with an ATI X850XT and an Athlon X2 4400, with 1gb of good RAM

and then it just cannot be slowed down with a Q6600 and an 8800GTX

Crysis on the other hand...only ran well for the last option

I sure love my Q6600. I was thinking about getting an 8XXX series card for my new computer, but I found a deal for the 7900GS for about $120 at TD about 4 or 5 months ago and I haven't really regretted my decision. I decided that the only reason I'd want an 8XXX generation card would be for DirectX 10 capabilities, but in all honesty, I don't see a reason to upgrade until they release the 9XXX series. It will probably be much more efficient than what appear to be simply over clocked 7XXX cards with a few goodies attached.

I sure love my Q6600. I was thinking about getting an 8XXX series card for my new computer, but I found a deal for the 7900GS for about $120 at TD about 4 or 5 months ago and I haven't really regretted my decision. I decided that the only reason I'd want an 8XXX generation card would be for DirectX 10 capabilities, but in all honesty, I don't see a reason to upgrade until they release the 9XXX series. It will probably be much more efficient than what appear to be simply over clocked 7XXX cards with a few goodies attached.

Personally I've only REALLY seen the benefits of a quad core processor in two games..supreme commander and crysis.

I remember I was stuttering like hell on the 81x81km maps in supreme commande r with a dual core processor and now its completely smooth. Huge performance increase with that

Well I wasn't even talking about gaming. Just regular daily computer use is so much nicer. I'm the type of person that has pidgin, firefox, zone alarm, music, word, steam, skype/vent, and any other programs I may be using up all at the same time and I rarely encounter stutters.

My XLR8 8800GT 512mb arrived early yesterday. But I'll need my CPU before my computer starts to purr.

But I'm like super sick, I'm having trouble walking and anything else I do.

Frame rate in Crysis on minimum settings with a 7900GS was only in the 20's.

But with my 8800GT it runs high settings at around 20-30 fps. I plan to adjust though once I get my new CPU, my 3800 was clearly killing my frame rate.

Anyway, got the CPU and after spending 20 minutes trying to apply the right amount of thermal paste I've got it running.... and holy sheeeet, Crysis... mostly high and a few medium settings @ 1280x1024, no AA... Getting 30-40 fps and only dips down a little in heated situations (25-30 fps). I'm so freakin' happy. And to top it off, it got rid of my sound bug problem in Crysis, so I know what I'm getting for Christmas! : D

51RMmuMAD8L.jpg

This made my day so great!

Finally got my free copy from Ubisoft!

Reason I got this game for free? My store outsold the entire district in one single day. My entire staff got free copies of Assassin's Creed!

So far I LOVE this game. I was kind of doubting it at first thinking it would be another Splinter Cell/Prince of Persia clone...but it is soooo different than that. My only problem with this game is finding places to stop, because I have to work in the morning...etc. :)

Archived