Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lathain, do you have to seem like an ass every post?

Anyhow, to answer your question, I believe he said that he didn't like the looks of the regular ds, and was gonna wait until the DS lite came out to get it, and in the meantime bought a micro because he liked the looks and the feel of it.

Just make the checks out to Darth Groovy. My attourney will contact you with further details. :o

No :p

Lynk... how big is the Micro compared to other gameboys, like the Color or SP?

The Micro is about the size of... a credit card, cept slightly longer and it's twice as thick as a GBA cart. The screen is smaller than the original GBA and GBA SP but the resolution is the same, just smaller pixel size. I do have big hands but the Micro is still comfortable IMHO, the buttons feel like sex, they are so much better than the GBA SP and original DS.

...Why would you buy a Micro? No really. Unless I missed something related to some astronomical price difference you might as well get the DS, since it plays GBA games.

I already have a DS (which I will be trading in to buy a DS lite once it's released down here). I bought the Micro to act as a keychain, for my keys obviously. It is tiny enough to carry around in your pocket without you even noticing it's there. Plus I have the original Super Mario Bros. in there, one of the greatest videogames ever made. I've played and finished that game a million times over and have never gotten sick of it. It was purely a fan decision on my part and I don't regret it one bit, in fact it's served me very well ever since I bought it seeing as I don't take my DS everywhere I go and sometimes I forget to take my DS somewhere, so having the micro around is very useful since having my keys around is important XD

The Micro is selling for 99AUD down here, that's about 72USD at the moment.

jgbmicro_black.jpg

Wheeeeeee :D I'm livin' the dream, I just bought myself a Micro (black, with black faceplate) and I'm using it as a keychain lol. To be honest I would've rather gotten the 20th anniversary Famicom edition, but eh this is good enough, black is good :p

They rock don't they!! (I've got the famicom one :p - see a dozen pages back)

I'm not convinced they are quite small enough to work as a key chain (partly cos i don't want to scratch my lovely looking special editon one!) but the best thing about them is that they are so light. I can stick mine in a coat pocket and completely forget it is there - until i get stuck waiting for a bus and i can whip it out and have a blast on Tony Hawk or Advance wars.

I also paid 50 quid for a flash cart so that i can carry 4 or 5 games around at once and not have to carry extra carts. Games that i own mind you... ;)

I also paid 50 quid for a flash cart so that i can carry 4 or 5 games around at once and not have to carry extra carts. Games that i own mind you... ;)

Where'd you get a flash cart for 50 bucks? I've always wanted one for games I already own and for homebrew stuff.

Where'd you get a flash cart for 50 bucks? I've always wanted one for games I already own and for homebrew stuff.

Ebay of course... though i guess £50 works out more like $75ish.

Its only a 256mb cart, and it can be a bit tempermental on transfering stuff... but it is very cool to be able to have a range of games at your fingertips.

I currently have Warioware, Tony Hawk 2, Zelda - Link to the past and Sudoku. Plus i have a homebrew Lords of Midnight I want to try.

He should probably get it laminated first... for easy wipe-cleanability ;)
I already framed it :p

So she nicked your picture? :(
No, she sent back the original. Because at first that was all I pulled out and I was really disappointed, but then I looked in the envelope to find this note and the signed picture (which is actually only about 4x7 and the one I sent her was 8.5x11)

FROM THE OFFICE OF KEIRA KNIGHTLEY

Thank you very much for your letter - I apologise for any delay in responsing to you. As I'm sure you can appreciate, Keira is extremely busy and it is often difficult to reply to each request individually.

However, Keira has read your letter and hopes that you will be pleased with the enclosed signed photograph sent with her best wishes

I wonder if she actually read my letter... :xp:

Archived