Home

New Jedi Knight game??? (asking)

OKSTATE99

About the time Battlefront came out, I was watching the network formerly know as tech tv, their gaming show Extended Play, after reviewing Battlefront. (I am paraphrasing of course)They said. There will be a slew of new Star War games coming out. Battlefront, KOTOR (december), SW Commando (in march) and a new Jedi Knight game later next year. This is only place I have heard this anything more than fan site rumor. Anyone else heard this?

If I missed the topic on this very sorry for the repost.

they may be talking about the Darth Vader game that's supposed to be in the works. apparently its going to be released on PC in Q4 of 2005. a third person action game, very similar to the jedi knight series.

but that’s all speculation at this point.

I bet there's another Jedi Knight game in the works...after all the money brought in by Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy, it would be odd for Lucasarts not to get another going. In fact, I bet that plans for it were started not long after Jedi Knight II was released...Jedi Academy was just going to be an expansion pack at that point. Then Jedi Academy became a bigger project and they decided to release it as a full game.

I bet Raven has, since Jedi Academy's release, started working on another Jedi Knight game...after all, what else is Raven working on? Quake IV...and...nothing else. They've been working on Quake IV since somewhere around 2001, so they should know their way around the Doom 3 engine pretty well by now.

Remember how Jedi Knight II was based on Raven's Quake III engine technology additions? That enabled Raven to make Jedi Knight II in a remarkably short period of time (in relation to modern games)...even Jedi Academy took longer to make if I remember correctly. In a similar fashion, another Jedi Knight game, using Quake IV's modified Doom 3 engine, could have been in development for about a year and be released sometime next year. All speculation, but it seems realistic considering the facts.

Originally posted by Gabrobot

I bet Raven has, since Jedi Academy's release, started working on another Jedi Knight game...after all, what else is Raven working on? Quake IV...and...nothing else. They've been working on Quake IV since somewhere around 2001, so they should know their way around the Doom 3 engine pretty well by now.

I believe I read somewhere that there is a sequel to X-Men Legends planned - and Raven developed the first one, so they are probably going to do any sequel.

So that would make two games in production.

In recent years, though, Raven has had 3 games in production simultaneously. I'm not sure they would be working on another Jedi Knight game at this point - maybe their own IP. But who knows?

It would be good to see another game in the series - but completely revamped.

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

hmmmm i dunno. i think lucasarts may see the ep 3 game as filling the JK space...

Not if it's a console only game...I'm pretty sure Lucasarts is smart enough to know that the Jedi Knight series is popular as a PC game...I mean, they were smart enough to get a highly skilled and well established PC FPS developer to make Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy, so they must know where the fan base lies...while Raven has recently developed a console only game, that's a rather odd exception to their usual games.

Hmm...right now I can't decide which would look better: a JK3 - tentative title - in the Doom 3 engine (great lighting, not so great textures/models) or the Source engine (great textures/physics, not so special lighting). I really wouldn't care, as long as the game was at least as good as Jedi Knight and included a concussion rifle THAT WORKS LIKE IT DID IN DARK FORCES AND JEDI KNIGHT. The JA conc really felt like a let down. Stupid focus on saber combat :mad:. Actually, Stormhammer's avatar reminded me...UE3! Granted, a game with that engine won't even be out until late 2005 at the earliest...

Fantasy wishlist:

1) Mysteries of the Sith 2 (Hey, why not another Mara Jade game? :D And please, MotS/JK world style, not JO/JA world style)

2) X-Wing Alliance 2

3) Any bloody Rogue Squadron game for PC

4) Rogue Squadron sequel (not prequel)

...maybe this should be a new topic ;)

Originally posted by JediMasterDude

There probaly is cause the story in JA didn't really end so they are known continue plots.

Yeah, cause JA has 2 different endings and Jaden could be anybody (Like you get to chose the gender, clothes...etc)

If they release a JK4 that continues JA it would kinda spoil the game for those who havent completed it yet.

Archived