Home

Smoking

kipperthefrog

smoking is bad and nobody should do it.

however, statistically, smokers are only increasing their chances of getting cancer by 25%

which is still a lot, but not as bad as many people think.

1 in 2 smokers get cancer... however statistics show that a quarter of them would have developed cancer even if they were non-smokers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sivy

smoking is bad and nobody should do it.

however, statistically, smokers are only increasing their chances of getting cancer by 25%

which is still a lot, but not as bad as many people think.

1 in 2 smokers get cancer... however statistics show that a quarter of them would have developed cancer even if they were non-smokers.

Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that.[/Homer]

I myself am a non smoker and I dont think thats going to change. I dont mind other people smoking but I have to agree with the attraction. All my previous girlfriend didn´t smoke and I wouldnt really like it if my future ones did it. She aint gonne get a kiss from me when she jusy had a cig.

That said, I also see smoking as a selfish act. Some of em dont care wether or not you like it. I really hate it when I go to pub with some of my friends and have to change clothes the next day because they smell like hell.

Something I also dislike is when there is work to be done, some smokers go "I´ll help in a bit, need a cig first". Most of the times you are doing work on your own.

This is just a conclusion of things I see in my enviroment offcourse. Dont feel offended if this profile doesnt fit you.

Meh, I don't smoke, but if I was given the opportunity to flick a smoldering cigarette onto a trail of gasoline leading to a huge warehouse filled with terrorists and explosives I'd definitely have to "light up". Also, after the explosion I would have to say a kick-ass one liner. Preferably "Go blow yourself".

Insanesith

true, but I hear this anti smoke crap everyday. Infact I've seen friends of mine approached by random people telling them "such a pretty girl shouldn't smoke" and then they go on to how smoking is bad for your health and it's... I hate people trying to change others habits that don't harm others.

true, it IS thier bodies!

on the OTHER hand it is a pretty stupid thing to DO!

they might as well have a guy say "I will sell you this POISON and charge a ridiculus fee...

...and I want you to take it little by little, and if you die its not MY problem!!!

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

I know a 11 year old boy who smokes! he steals cigarettes from his parents! he has been smoking since age 6 or 8! (I can't remember... ONE of those ages!) he said he smoked a CIGAR once! it made him throw up!

what do you think of a KID who smokes like that??

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

what do you think of a KID who smokes like that??

The WOMEN want HIM and THE men WANT to BE him! OR vice VERSA! Or BOTH!!!

[EDIT] I forgot this is a "kipper the frog" thread! *Inserts exclamation marks as only form of punctuation!* And needless caps!

Originally posted by RebelScum1

It dosent make you look cool it makes you feel cool.

Well isn't that all that counts?

I nominate this thread for the only time CapnColostomy has every actually been funny.

Oh who am I kidding he's been funny once before.

maybe twice

As far as on topic goes, if people want to smoke and screw up their lungs then have at it, but don't do it around ME.

I HATE walking out of my class buildlings and all the smokers are huddled around the door. It's like they WANT to blow smoke in my face. THAT makes me mad.

Though smoking actually does have other detrimental effects on me monetarily. Smokers greatly increase their risks of getting many diseases BESIDES cancer, and therefore end up hospitalized more often, are a big drain on insurance and therefore MY insurance premiums are higher because of people who smoke, even though I am perfectly healthy.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

And if you're not smoking, you should be. Why? Because all the cool people are smoking, that's why.

If all the cool people were stealing and murdering, should we be doing that too? ;)

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

And I am waaay sexier AND cooler than any of you, just because of my cig.

You know what's really sexy and cool? Being sexy and cool, without having to smoke that cig. :)

I think smoking is stupid. With the amount of money poeple spent on cigs, they could have bought a new car or had several vacations to tropical island flying first class both ways. I wish I still had my presentation I did in middle school. The figures were huge.

I don't have a problem with people smoking, I grew up with a grandpa that smoked cigars a lot.

When I'm waiting somewhere outside, and a person stands next to me and lights a smoke, I'll get pissy. It really ticks me off. I pretty much think public smoking should be illegal. I'd prefer not to have my lungs murdered by someone secondhand smoke.

ET said:

I HATE walking out of my class buildlings and all the smokers are huddled around the door. It's like they WANT to blow smoke in my face. THAT makes me mad.

Man, I especially hate it when I have to walk by them to get out of my DORM building. They're ok people, but really, do they need to smoke right on the steps? I've been cool with it since I know these people, but a couple of times I've lost it. Like once, I was trying to go up the steps (that's what they're for, not sitting and smoking), I tripped on someone's crap and almost fell back down the steps. The person basically yelled "Watch where you're stepping dumubass!" ...... I took that cig from his mouth, dropped it on the ground, crushed it, and kicked the ash in his face, and told him to get out of the freaking way.

I realize not every smoker is an ahole, but most I come in contact with are.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I tripped on someone's crap and almost fell back down the steps. The person basically yelled "Watch where you're stepping dumubass!" ...... I took that cig from his mouth, dropped it on the ground, crushed it, and kicked the ash in his face, and told him to get out of the freaking way.

Owned. :D

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Like once, I was trying to go up the steps (that's what they're for, not sitting and smoking), I tripped on someone's crap and almost fell back down the steps. The person basically yelled "Watch where you're stepping dumubass!" ...... I took that cig from his mouth, dropped it on the ground, crushed it, and kicked the ash in his face, and told him to get out of the freaking way.

I realize not every smoker is an ahole, but most I come in contact with are.

Good story:D

Archived