Home

Naming Revolution

Lynk Former

Should Nintendo keep the name "Nintendo Revolution" for it's next generation console?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nintendo keep the name "Nintendo Revolution" for it's next generation console?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by InsaneSith

Nintendo isn't just for kids, it's for everyone. They have games that are fun for all ages. If you want to cling to your naive fanboy dellusions, go ahead. But don't muck up a perfectly fine thread with your BS.

why do you nintendo fans get *so upset* when someone says its a kids machine :p:(

However, all jokes aside, Im sure that if we could track down some sales/demographics data , the GC is inevitable more likely to have snared much more of the younger market, and this is purely by design on the part of nintendo, not a fiendish plan by game devs to make the GC a kids toy...

Nintendo seem to have a wonderful propensity to isolate themselves from the rest of the market, by coming up with consoles and formats that arent accessible or viable for certain game Co.s

I have a GC meself, play Rogue Squadron 2and 3, and Final Fantasy only...waiting for Zelda of course :D

Lets hope the aptly titled "Revolution" will be exactly that, a new way of thiking to make their next console a stronger contributor to gaming/multimedia etc....

:p

mtfbwya

heh...kids these days cant take a joke :p

I have been a loyal nintindo fan since the NES. then i got SNES then N64. then I switched to PC. now I think I should get a console of the next generation since THIS generation is halfway over anyway.

BTW: nintindo revolution DOES need somthing revolutionary, like cheap online play, or PC connectivity. or multi tvs connection so each player can veiw with their own TV.

If its not revolutionary, it won't sell. And if it is, like I have read else-where... there are two possibilities. It will be the next big thing (like 3D games with mario 64) or it will be so extreme that it just won't work out. You know, like its too far ahead of its time, and people aren't ready for it.

Unless they do something stupid, I'll probably buy it.

@ Astrotoy7: We already know that, it's the stereotype that has been placed on Nintendo. Sega would be given the same stereotype if they were "alive" right now the way they were in the past. Remember their mascot was an animated Hedgehog... It's the fact that in recent years technology has risen from simple pixels to polygons and particle effects. All that was once seen as games that anyone can play has now turned into "kiddy games." Some games can transfer over well and seem adult or NOT kiddy. Others need to stay with their certain style but when you transfer over their style they look a hellova lot more childish than they really should look.

Remember, Nintendo are committed to making "Games for Everyone" while Sony and Microsoft target older gamers with more violent games and such and hoping to capture those leet players who thought they owned the world (and they did lol). Yeah, the problem is that the games targetted for a younger or more general audience are more dominant on a Nintendo system. This can be blamed for Nintendo alienating all of those third party developers which is the KEY to getting them back on track. Those three things, third party developers, more unique exclusive adult oriented content and online play.

Nintendo seem to have a wonderful propensity to isolate themselves from the rest of the market, by coming up with consoles and formats that arent accessible or viable for certain game Co.s

They're so trying to break from that as well as their kiddy image in the last two years... and yeah I hate how Nintendo has put themselves into that position.

@ lukeskywalker1: Actually the problem is that if it IS revolutionary it still won't sell. Gamers today would rather flashy graphics and violence than some form of new gameplay.

Remember, Nintendo are committed to making "Games for Everyone" while Sony and Microsoft target older gamers with more violent games and such and hoping to capture those leet players who thought they owned the world (and they did lol). Yeah, the problem is that the games targetted for a younger or more general audience are more dominant on a Nintendo system. This can be blamed for Nintendo alienating all of those third party developers which is the KEY to getting them back on track. Those three things, third party developers, more unique exclusive adult oriented content and online play.

Its a little late to join up with 3rd party devs now. But this is the reason they are making that new zelda, because everyone was mad about windwaker. They said it was kiddy (I have to admit, it was easy, but still an excellant game). I mean, when you go from what was seen at spaceworld 2000 (super realistic sword fight between ganondorf and link) to windwaker (cell chaded link with big head...) your kinda disapointed.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Its a little late to join up with 3rd party devs now. But this is the reason they are making that new zelda, because everyone was mad about windwaker. They said it was kiddy (I have to admit, it was easy, but still an excellant game). I mean, when you go from what was seen at spaceworld 2000 (super realistic sword fight between ganondorf and link) to windwaker (cell chaded link with big head...) your kinda disapointed.

It's too late for this generation but not too late for the next generation.

With The Wind Waker, I didn't like it cause it was too short, the graphics were bloody brilliant though @.@ So much style, Nintendo did a great job with it. Plus the reason most people don't approve of The Wind Waker is because Ocarina of Time had already set the standards as to what a Zelda game should look like in 3D. Besides, the Spaceworld 2000 clip sucked compared to what you see in Zelda2005's screens XD.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

If its not revolutionary, it won't sell. And if it is, like I have read else-where... there are two possibilities. It will be the next big thing (like 3D games with mario 64) or it will be so extreme that it just won't work out. You know, like its too far ahead of its time, and people aren't ready for it.

Unless they do something stupid, I'll probably buy it.

It'll be 4D!!!!!!!!!11:D:D:D

Uh..wait..The fourth dimension is sound...nevermind then.

If they recapture the third party market, that'd be all kinds of shades of awesome. Although the fact that Nintendo isn't showing their next console at this years E3 is going to hurt their chances of gaining third party developers. They really need to get on the stick about this problem. They must get the third party guys.

No Rhett, I think I read somewhere that they ARE showcasing the revolution at E3. I could be wrong.

Besides, the Spaceworld 2000 clip sucked compared to what you see in Zelda2005's screens XD.

True. But that fight was awesome, thats what I was hoping for in Ocarina of Time, but it ended up being a "bounce the electro ball back at him" type of thing.

Maybe Zelda 05 will have an awesome sword fight. One can only hope. We don't even know if Ganondorf is in it. But if he isn't then... it will definatly subtract from the story, or take away from the zelda feeling.

With The Wind Waker, I didn't like it cause it was too short, the graphics were bloody brilliant though @.@ So much style, Nintendo did a great job with it.

It also lacked stuff, for example the major city was Windfall. There wasn't much else besides that....

I'm hoping Zelda 2005 will take place in Hyrule, with all towns like before, and maybe some additions. Imagine Hyrule feild like in that trailer, and then Hyrule Castle... Kakariko and Lake Hylia. Man, it would be awesome.

Eh, I dunno. The Beatles had two songs, Revolution and Revolution 9. One was pretty good, one absolutely sucked.

So the name has had a scarred history...oh yeah, and the whole fact that national revolutions tend to be bloody...but that's aside from the point...

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I was hoping for Ganon to have a sword in SSBM.

The next SSBM better have the classic Fox. Not this new Namco Fox with the **** fur and fangs and no helmet and whatnot.

Blasphemers. :¬:

Fo' Shizzle. :cool:

Here is a good idea for a 4D game. a game where you are in Paris, and you can travel though time.

you go to 2064 and see what paris as it is then, (it still has the eifel tower.) you play a level there and fight aginst robots and aliens.

You go back to 1944 and see it as in WW2. (eifel tower is still there, but newer) you sneak and fight aginst nazis who are ocupying them.

You go to 1354 and see the place as it was in medieval times.(eifel tower hasn't been built yet) gueass what, knights castles, trebuchets, archers and of cuorse whitch burnings.

You go to 3994 and see pais after a nuclear war (eifel tower still there, but in ruins along with the rest of the city and it is in a desert) you fight radioactive mutants.

ETC>>> ETC>>>

Archived