Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate anime/manga and just about anything related with Japan. I'm sure it's a nice country but this ****ing Japan-craze is starting to piss me off. I don't like walking down the street and seeing these ridiculous lolita-chiks with their Dir en grey t-shirts on.

I also think the way anime/manga is drawn is ugly, exaggated mouth and those huge eyes and a small nose, blah.

Harem is an anime/show classification now?

When did this happen? :xp:

It's been that way at least since the first Tenchi series. "Clueless Japanese teenager is surrounded by beautiful women and doesn't/can't respond to their advances" is pretty much its own genre.

My opinion of anime is that while there's a lot of good stuff there, too many people hate the good or love the crap just because "ZOMG it's anime!" Stuff like Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, Dragonball Z (yes, I know...) and some of the Gundam series can be just phenomenal.

That said, it's important to remember the first rule of media: "90% of everything is crap."

My opinion of anime is that while there's a lot of good stuff there, too many people hate the good or love the crap just because "ZOMG it's anime!" Stuff like Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, Dragonball Z (yes, I know...) and some of the Gundam series can be just phenomenal.

That said, it's important to remember the first rule of media: "90% of everything is crap."

DB Z lost me when Piccolo got phased out

GT basically killed the series for me.

I've been finding lately that the shorter anime series to be better than the insanely long ones.

I hate anime/manga and just about anything related with Japan. I'm sure it's a nice country but this ****ing Japan-craze is starting to piss me off. I don't like walking down the street and seeing these ridiculous lolita-chiks with their Dir en grey t-shirts on.

I also think the way anime/manga is drawn is ugly, exaggated mouth and those huge eyes and a small nose, blah.

Ease up, cowboy.

Jin_Roh_10(1).jpg

Yeah, lotsa ugly, exaggerated mouths with huge eyes and small noses going on there.

People need to realise is that anime doesn't refer to a style of animation, it's a pop culture reference to Japanese Animation, or animation that has been produced in Japan. However anime can also mean French Animation too...

But I don't have anything against Hentai :D Gotta love those tentacles<3

Hypocrite.

However anime can also mean French Animation too...

Living in Québec, I get a fair share of french animated shows and you'd be amazed at how similar they can be to the japanese ones.

During the 80's and 90's, the drawing style of both french (and even some belgian) comic books and animated show ressemble truly the japanese one (with eyes and nose similarly out of proportions, sometimes noses being nothing more then a line). Anime invasion had not arrived yet the similarities are amazing.

Note however, that the french and euros used a wide variety of styles, many very different from the others, unlike the japanese, who have much fewer ones or they can be more easily linked together.

Yeah, I'm aware of this, it's a shame that french animation isn't as well known though. But don't think that Japanese animation doesn't have varying styles cause it does, it's just that the more popular ones look very similar to each other. But if I could be bothered I'd post up pictures of many of the styles that I've seen in animes... but I'm lazy so just take my word for it XD I'm a guy who watches all animes no matter what.

• 4 weeks later...

finished more series

Rozen maiden - Cool but has an initail WTF reaction, because of the living dolls it has in it

Love Hina both the manga and the anime - The manga is has a way better story and it goes a lot further than the anime. the anime is sorta cheesy but still good.

Goldenboy- one word AWSOME!!!!!!

and I'm currently watching Revolutionary Girl Utena - its just messed up, but I like it XD

finished more series

Rozen maiden - Cool but has an initail WTF reaction, because of the living dolls it has in it

Love Hina both the manga and the anime - The manga is has a way better story and it goes a lot further than the anime. the anime is sorta cheesy but still good.

Goldenboy- one word AWSOME!!!!!!

and I'm currently watching Revolutionary Girl Utena - its just messed up, but I like it XD

Did you watch Träumend as well or just the first season of Rozen Maiden?

I've been watching Bleach recently (I'm seeding the episode 95 fansub now) and I'm addicted to it now, but I wish they'd finish airing the bount filler arc and resume the Aizen storyline.

I've been watching Bleach recently (I'm seeding the episode 95 fansub now) and I'm addicted to it now, but I wish they'd finish airing the bount filler arc and resume the Aizen storyline.

Yeah, I hate this arc so far. Hopefully when they get back to the main storyline, everything'll pick up again.

Anime: Also watching Naruto (Fillers are finally ending, yay!), One Piece (Shows' fillers are still awesome to watch), Kiba (Getting boring/perdictable), School Rumble 2 (Pure awesomeness!), and Ranma 1/2 (Just started watching it from the beginning).

Manga: Berserk, Hajime no Ippo, Tough, Vagabond, Vinland Saga, and Zetman.

• 3 weeks later...

just finished 2 more series well sorta 2 anywho

I've completed each bleach episode released so far. Rukia is my favorite character though. but Ichigo is has this bad azz additude about him which is kinda funny, kon well for a talking stuffed animal he sure can take a beating. but the story line is good I mean its 97 episodes so far it has to be at least above average. the the captian battles are awsome.

Shuffle: For a romatic comedy its actually quite interesting. though they need to finish the story so people can find out who Rin picks.

just finished 2 more series well sorta 2 anywho

I've completed each bleach episode released so far. Rukia is my favorite character though. but Ichigo is has this bad azz additude about him which is kinda funny, kon well for a talking stuffed animal he sure can take a beating. but the story line is good I mean its 97 episodes so far it has to be at least above average. the the captian battles are awsome.

I can't wait until the battles between the Shinigami/Vaizard and Aizen and his Arrancar/Espada, which should be fairly soon in the anime (seeing as how Shinji, Aizen, Grimmjaw, and a few other Arrancar have already appeared in the opening credits). If you liked the captain battles, you'll love those-Aizen has about twice the spirit pressure of a captain at this point in the manga (chapter 244).

I can't wait until the battles between the Shinigami/Vaizard and Aizen and his Arrancar/Espada, which should be fairly soon in the anime (seeing as how Shinji, Aizen, Grimmjaw, and a few other Arrancar have already appeared in the opening credits). If you liked the captain battles, you'll love those-Aizen has about twice the spirit pressure of a captain at this point in the manga (chapter 244).

I'm only on chapter 30 something of the manga >_>

so no more spoilers :xp:

though Aizen and gin annoyed me to no end

Ichigo has hollow powers in him though he can't utilize(by force of will) them in the anime as of yet

but the cat turning out to be a girl nearly killed me. O.O seriously if someone saw that a coming I'd like to shake thier hand :lol:

I'm only on chapter 30 something of the manga >_>

so no more spoilers :xp:

though Aizen and gin annoyed me to no end

Ichigo has hollow powers in him though he can't utilize(by force of will) them in the anime as of yet

:o Gin was always one of my favorite characters. Tousen was the one who always pissed me off, blathering on about "his justice" all the time. BTW,

Ichigo gains a minute amount of control over his Hollow powers (he can use them for about 15 seconds max) in chapter 200-something.

Archived