Home

tattoos

warchild75

When I said that I don't like women with tattoos, that is only a personal preference. People can do what they want to themselves regardless of what I think. I just know that I would never date someone with a tattoo unless it was in a very inconspicuous place (such as on the bottom of a foot, in an armpit, or beneath the hair on the back of the head). I just think they look bad on women. I have heard from guys who do like them on women just why they like them on the lower back. They call them "bullseyes." Use your imagination as to why!

A very common place for women to get them is on the breast. That is about the worst place you can get one! Think about it! I think it was Jeff Altman (comedian) who said something like...ladies, don't get a tattoo on your breast. A little butterfly may look good when you are in your 20s or 30s, but wait until you get to be 70 or 80! That little butterfly is going to turn into a vulture! "Hey kids, wanna go visit Gramma?" Kids - "NO! Big bird on her titty!" Seriously, though, I had a friend whose grandfather had 2 naked ladies tattooed on his forearms from when he was a young man in the US Navy. The older and more wrinkled he got, the more ugly and wrinkled they got!

Yep. I copied the characters as .gifs from a English-Chinese dictionary website I use so they don't look as good as they do when actually written. I don't know Japanese though. I just took this opportunity to see if what I've been taught, that Japanese Kanji is actually the Chinese character system, was true or not. Apparently it is. ;)

At least you can always have another tattoo artist fix what the initial artist missed. :D

The whole Japanese writing system is based on Chinese, imported from there around the 4th century (I think) by buddhist monks.

Hiragana (cursive letters) is derived from Chinese characters, while Katakana (half letters), is taken from part of a chinese character. Kanji is the most daunting part of Japanese as every one of them have atleast 2 different meanings. On reading (original chinese), is used when the Kanji is with other characters (I believe), and the Kun reading (Japanese usage), is used when they are stand alone Kanji... this rule works for 90% of the Kanji... for the others you just have to memorize the rules for them. heh.

I have 4. A custom sun on my right shoulder, a custom moon (based on the custom sun) on my left. I have my chinese zodiac on my stomach (Year of the Dragon, right below my navel) and a rather large kanji ("knowledge") on my upper back/lower neck. You can see the top part of it when I wear t-shirts, but collared shirts hide it pretty well.

As for piercings, I still have one and it's not in my ear :D. My record was 19, but the day eventually came (as I knew it would) when it was time to put aside the rebel and grow up a little, so I took them all out. I really missed one of them, so I ended up putting it back in. Needless to say passing through metal detectors can be a little embarrassing...especially if they use the wand.

Needless to say passing through metal detectors can be a little embarrassing...especially if they use the wand.

I can completely relate to your "situation" ;) hehehe...

Working at a jewelry shopping channel, it was always a "hoot" when I had to walk through our detectors... :o

Titanium jewelry has helped me out a bit on bypassing the detectors since then, but ours isn't quite as 'beefed up' as you'd encounter in say an airport. Still, if you've got desire, look into titanium ;)

I dont think that getting rid of all your piercings is a prerequisite for "growing up" But whatever yanks your chain I guess. I guess its that outdated idea that youre supposed to look like a preacher before you can say youre "all grown up" or something *rolls eyes* :p

I dont think that getting rid of all your piercings is a prerequisite for "growing up" But whatever yanks your chain I guess. I guess its that outdated idea that youre supposed to look like a preacher before you can say youre "all grown up" or something *rolls eyes* :p

*looks for misplaced saucer of warm milk*:p

Sorry, facial piercings are usually frowned upon in any serious company's management. Since I was getting rid of everything visual, I decided it was probably time to leave some of the other "hardware" behind as well. But as I'm sure a few people here can relate to (tk102 :)) there's just some jewlery that grows on you more than others :D

Archived