Home

'Chewbacca' to become an American

ChAiNz.2da

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a Wookiee named Chewbacca growled and howled his way through "Star Wars" movies. On Monday, the actor who played him will take the oath to become an American citizen.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/13/citizen.wookiee.ap/index.html

w00t! hehehe.. man, reading today's news is revealing all sorts of kewl stuff :xp:

Interesting, Peter Mayhew is becoming an American (and so is Chewbacca for that matter)! Does anyone know any particular reason he is?

Say, I wonder if all the wookiees are going to become americans? Chewbacca might be the first wookiee in a wave coming. That would be interesting; a wookiee basketball team! Or a wookiee barber, or taxi driver! A wookiee band...

"I got married to a Texan lady. That more or less decided it," said Mayhew, who has been married to his wife, Angelique, for six years.

Plz read b4 aksing dum qvestions, kthnxbai.

"I am feeling very happy about it," Mayhew said. "Whatever people say about America, it is still one of the most wonderful countries in the world, despite the politics, religion and everything else that goes on."

Best quote, evar. Excellent example of British understatement.

Considering what is passed off as news in America, this is front page news.

Yeah, I guess thats why I was raised to CBC news, they can make sense of alot of things. But not even this. Next thing: Wookiees demand equal marriage rights.

The thing after that: Wookiees demand that the news reporters stop following them. The Thing after that: Wookiees are exiled for mass murder of all news reporters.

News Reporter: Ladies and Gentelman, this is <whoever> giving you live coverage of the negotiations between the Wookiee district and N.Y. Currently we have no information about what the Wookiees are doing, in fact we are trying to locate them by helicopter now. Ah, now we can see it. I looks like...looks like they are playing drums, or they are beating on someone...Wait, those aren't drumsticks, there arms!!! And the drums are our lost reporters!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

News Reporter: Ladies and Gentelman, this is <whoever> giving you live coverage of the negotiations between the Wookiee district and N.Y. Currently we have no information about what the Wookiees are doing, in fact we are trying to locate them by helicopter now. Ah, now we can see it. I looks like...looks like they are playing drums, or they are beating on someone...Wait, those aren't drumsticks, there arms!!! And the drums are our lost reporters!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Nice one. Anyway, why wouldn't he be able to become one, I mean he's smarter than at least some of your presidents. And besides if Bush doesn't get what he wants he goes to war. But if a Wookiee doesn't get what he wants, he's going to pull your arms out of your sockets, now that's a huge improvement in style.

Next elections, a Wookiee for president, and if you don't vote on a Wookiee, they're gonna pull your arms out. And if the country is open for Wookiees, I guess it's open for Sith as well, and also Mandalorians.

Archived