Home

What Channels should the Stars TV series air on ?

Windu Chi

What channels will be the best choice to show the Star Wars TV series(live action)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What channels will be the best choice to show the Star Wars TV series(live action)

As long as it's good. I voted Sci Fi because the new Battlestar Galactica aired there. Cable allows for stuff networks would be more hesitant to show. I doubt that matters for an SW show though, eh? As long as it's good I guess it doesn't matter. I probably won't even watch it regularly if it isn't worth doing so.

misread the question and voted upn. thinking about it though, i would have to choose either upn, wb, or sci-fi. upn and wb to me are the best basic television channels to have the show on since they both once use to show good fantasy/sci fi shows, like buffy, angel, and the star trek shows (okay so i didn't watch them, but some ppl did). sci-fi would be my preference for cable because they seem to give sci-fi shows a chance when ratings aren't great in the beginning. stargate sg-1 was bought up by them and farscape restarted after a while in limbo.

oh and i DO NOT want fox to get this show. after what they did to firefly, airing episodes out of order and a long hiatus due to the baseball playoffs, they may try it again with the star wars show even with though it has the name. also another show i liked on fox, fastlane, was booted because although it had decent ratings, the production for the show was considered to high and they just cancelled it. and now i remember family guy and futurama. both great shows, one it took a couple years for fox to realize that they cancelled it too early and futurama cancelled and never given a second chance. my remembering all of this has me pissed at fox. so yeah i don't want it on fox. even though they are doing things i like, like sticking w/ arrested development w/ its poor ratings, bringing back family guy, 24, etc. i do not want any new show i'm looking forward going to fox.

i was just rethinking this, I was what channel would you rather have it on based on time slot. For example if you wanted the show to be on Wednesdays at 9:00pm then it couldn't be on abc because of Lost. I think I would most like this show on Fridays at 8:00pm because its the end of the week and no matter what I could watch it. Looking at my tv guide, only the WB has a slot open at that time currently (granted this could all change in 2 years) since it shows two episodes of What I like About You which could be moved to Saturdays at 8 since they have repeats there. Just wondering what other people think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ABC or WB because Sci-Fi does not get as meany ratings.

I don't understand what you mean by that.... The show will get good ratings; It's fricken' SW. People will watch, even if it is bad. And as for Sci Fi not have good ratings, Battlestar Galactica is hailed as one of the best shows on TV today and one of the top Sci Fi shows of all time. Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis have a huge following too, although, as a fan of the movie as a kid, I never got into them because of the different cast and stories.

Archived