Home

Banned Xbox 360 Ad; It's a Shame

Darth Andrew

Ok, let me get this straight... M$ made this commercial, and now M$ is banning their own commercial?? How stupid can you get...

Personally, I didnt think it was all that funny or great - not because of the shooting, just didnt think it was funny. Goofy yes, but not funny.

...affective enough to be worth the money it cost to make it.

I don't know, it looked like they closed off a major central station for the duration of the shoot. Sounds expensive.

I didn't find it funny, nor very appealing. And good thing they withdrew it, because otherwise I would have a bunch of hip idiotic kids shouting "BANG" at each other everywhere I go.

I don't know, it looked like they closed off a major central station for the duration of the shoot. Sounds expensive.

I didn't find it funny, nor very appealing. And good thing they withdrew it, because otherwise I would have a bunch of hip idiotic kids shouting "BANG" at each other everywhere I go.

And you think that the cost of that would be too much for Microsoft? People have done more expensive things for advertising for less of a reward.

The thing is that Microsoft wants to attract the kind of gamer who WILL find this on the internet. It cost a bit to make the advert, it'll cost more to put it on TV or at the movies... so why not use the Internet to advertise it for you. This so called "banned" ad will catch peoples attentions and it's exactly the people Microsoft wants to attract, the folks who are on the Internet. Think about it, Microsofts biggest asset is its online network.

I was expecting something else when I read here that it was the best commercial some have seen.

It has about as much to do with a video game system as the stupid double dutch commericials do. I doubt that would've convinced people to buy 360s. Just would've angered over sensitive parent groups.

I'm fairly certain most kids play whatever the modern version of "cowboys and indians" is.

I'm sure most of them play counter strike and not the old-school cowboys n injuns that we're used to.

But my point was as with most pop-culture fenomena, whenever a new catchphrase (whazzuuuuuup comes to mind) is advertised or "funny" gesture on a primetime commercial, people will ape it.

There are lots of examples, "Whazuuuuuup" would be one. Another one would be: the Heinken "double nod" that every "cool" guy used when at a bar, etc.

I wasn't exactly sure how it tied in with the Xbox 360, but it was just hilarious to see all these people running around pretending to shoot each other and get shot themselves. The guy reading the newspaper while shooting without even looking was pretty funny, as was the guy in the taxi ("Wait, just one moment. Ok, goodbye *click* Ok, now I'll pretend to get shot)

Still doesnt make me want a xbox... theres so many japanese ps2 games Id rather buy. hehe

Please ignore the following opinion about X-Box and don't start a discussion, the individual that stated this wasn't aware of what he was saying

I say that we ban all consoles. They are THE most useless electronic based product that was ever made for the market in the history of mankind.

Archived