Home

Sam & Max TV episodes on DVD?

Big Whoop

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Machinima is a silly term coined by people who make short videos using in-game tools or mods on the game engine. The Sam & Max shorts will be really quick animated shorts put together by the Sam & Max dev team using in-engine tools. Basically the gaming equivilent of a newspaper comic strip.

Yes, Jake, since you have the inside-scoop, and they have made some sort of a press release, could you now clarify if we are getting both, the animated series, or just new machinima episodes from TellTale?

---

And Itchy, come on.. google before asking questions. And double shame on you for not know about Red vs. Blue by RoosterTeeth.

From this week's Gametap newsletter:

"We're just days away from the October 17th world premiere of GameTap's first original game, Sam & Max: Season 1! Can't wait? Head over to GameTap TV on October 12th to watch the first episode of the Sam & Max cartoon series and on October 17th, watch the "Making of Sam & Max" before playing the first game episode. That's a great way to kick off the year of the dog (and rabbity -thing) as we roll out new Sam & Max content, including games, cartoons, and more every week for the next six months!"

As much as I want the TV series, I'm gonna stay telltale loyal. they're the ones making the game. I'm going to support them. Gametap seems like a clueless money hungry company that's just using Sam and Max as a new fad to make money.

That being said, if I was living in america I'd probably give in....

Well I wouldn't count on many of the pirated YouTube videos sticking around much longer. Now that YouTube is owned by Google they are really going to be cracking down on that kind of stuff. They will even block your homemade video now if you have copyrighted music in it.

Anybody able to make a few screenshots of the episodes at full size? I have the available VHS-tapes, and I'd like to know how the quality of those GameTap-streams holds up. Given that they'll (hopefully) show the episodes that are missing from the tapes as well, and they become "available" outside of the US someway or the other...

Archived