Home

Capitol ships

Rok_stoned

Does any one know if you can name your own capitol ships? I mean it would be awesome if you could and they had it in force commander. Besides that what names will you name your ships? Will you name them silly names or serious or even mnemonic names? Discuss.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

The last I heard, you could.

I have a whole list of Imperial Ships names all ready. :)

Used it for when I played Rebellion.

I also found an online ships name list for both Imperial and Alliance ships.

Click me!

Choose either Imperial or Republic in the list to the left, then a letter to display known shipnames for that side. You'll get a list of names which you then can press and read abit about the ship, and what type it is.

You could also name every unit (except buildings i think) in Force Commander too. The good with the names is when there are in conjuction with experience points (ie. i could name infils with high experience with names and form up an elite group), but it could be nice even without xp point.

There's something I do hope though, that this was limited to SP only. If you can name ships in MP, it might get annoying, if you know what I mean.

Yes the last thing you need is someone attacking you with star destroyers called bambi. How can you do it, you can't say 'i destroyed bambi' it's inhuman.

I hope they do have an auto naming on it as well for multiplayer and those who just want to get to playing.

I might name only the ships that have survived say at least 2-4 battles before they get a formal name(unless there is something special in between those it might be 1-2).

As well possibly one will be name the eclipse(referring to the dark empire series or the eclipse-class super star destroy).

Otherwise they might be named in 2-4 battles if they survive.

If you don't name the ship, I suspect it will just use the name it had when it was created, for instance Star Destroyer 23 and so forth. ;)

Heheh, that was Rebellion and not EAW thankfully. :)

From what I read they come with a name randomly chosen from star wars and you may change it if you wish.

i just dont see the point, i thought they automaticly get star wars names.

It's just a candy :) .No big deal, but why not?

Yet, i definitely agree with lukeiamyourdad that this feature should be disabled in MP; i don't want to confront enemies that gave their ships/units names that might insult me or anything. Normally in MP you can understand with what people you play, but you never know (especially of those "spoilers")...

It's just a candy :) .No big deal, but why not?

Yet, i definitely agree with lukeiamyourdad that this feature should be disabled in MP; i don't want to confront enemies that gave their ships/units names that might insult me or anything. Normally in MP you can understand with what people you play, but you never know (especially of those "spoilers")...

True...they could come up with some really bad crap for names...I didn't even really think about that. meh. That sucks. They may play the game straight, but have their ships named a crapload of stuff I don't want to see in a game I'm trying to immerse myself in.

That happens way too often online, but oh well. I'll deal with it either way if they still have the function to customize names in online play. I've killed plenty like em before online.

I wouldnt mind naming ships in multiplayer. Sure, you might run across the occassional "Kitty Litter" and "I LIKE PIE" but most people like that wont take the time to name their ships. And, people like that would most likely be far too impatient to play a Galactic Conquest game on multiplayer, where ships last long enough for names to matter.

Archived