Home

Pulling a Bindo.

Should you be able to pull a Bindo in KOTOR 3?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to pull a Bindo in KOTOR 3?

• Yes
    • No

Pulling a Bindo = Jedi lovin'

My 2 cents is "no". Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic attachments and Sith should be more concerns about dominating the galaxy than which party member they should bed first. Kinda kills the whole "role play" thing if you ask me.

Pulling a Bindo = Jedi lovin'

My 2 cents is "no". Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic attachments and Sith should be more concerns about dominating the galaxy than which party member they should bed first. Kinda kills the whole "role play" thing if you ask me.

i have to disagree. its definately not a requirement to have a romance between the PC and another character, but it does add to the roleplaying aspect if you have that option. any relationship can turn romantic in real life if you pursue things from the proper angles, so why shouldn't you be able to do so in an RPG??

Love is a big part of the Star Wars movies, for both good and ill. Why shouldn't it be a part of an RPG, too? As long as it's optional so one has a choice on pursuing a relationship or not, I'm happy.

Being a big Jolee fan, though, I'd much prefer an alternate term to 'pulling a Bindo.' There's just something wrong about calling it that. :xp:

Kinda kills the whole "role play" thing if you ask me.

Yeah, 'cause nothing says "Roleplay" like less options. It was entirely possible, and easy to do so, to go through the first game without any sort of love story. And the second game never really had a cohesive romance sub-plot at all. Just some angsty characters with crushes which love does not make.

I think it might be a nice idea... but not required.

Aside: Besides, true evil always knows that there's time to bed the girl before some good old-fashioned galactic domination. Muhahaha!

i have to disagree. its definately not a requirement to have a romance between the PC and another character, but it does add to the roleplaying aspect if you have that option. any relationship can turn romantic in real life if you pursue things from the proper angles, so why shouldn't you be able to do so in an RPG??
For the reasons that I listed above. But hey, as I said before, it's just my opinion.

I do have to question how you consider it an option though. From my perspective that the only "option" was whether or not to carry the side story through to completion. If you chose to do so, then it seems that romance was thrown in your face no matter what (regardless of whether or not you choose to play nice or hard-to-get). *shrugs*

I personally don't picture Obi-Wan, Yoda, or even Darth Vader (not Anakin) trying to get it on with a party member. Going against that in the game seems inconsistent. So at the end of the day, my "option" is to simply ignore the side-stories, and that doesn't seem like "roleplay" to me.

I personally don't picture Obi-Wan, Yoda, or even Darth Vader (not Anakin) trying to get it on with a party member. Going against that in the game seems inconsistent. So at the end of the day, my "option" is to simply ignore the side-stories, and that doesn't seem like "roleplay" to me.

True, but nowadays, games are designed so you do it the way you want, not just RPGs, but especially RPGs. Sure, you may not want to pull a Bindo, but what if someone else who plays it does?

I do have to question how you consider it an option though. From my perspective that the only "option" was whether or not to carry the side story through to completion. If you chose to do so, then it seems that romance was thrown in your face no matter what (regardless of whether or not you choose to play nice or hard-to-get). *shrugs*
i do agree that your options with the romances in both games was much too limited. its nothing that can't be fixed with some good designing, though. and, afterall, i'm not really referring to the other Kotor games.

in Kotor 3, i would like to have several romance options that will allow you to 'go at it' from several different vantage points depending on how aggressive you wish to pursue things. of course, each vantage point would have varying degrees of success and failure, just like real life. to me, it would make it feel more like a true role-playing experience.

and yes, i was just simply stating my opinion as well. ;)

Votes other.

I don't really care as long as it's not something your forced into with a particular character just to finish their story (hopes he's making sence). Or if it is forced, it's written better than the 12 year old tease/cheese pick up lines from Knights 1. Some of it almost made "are you an angel?" Shakespeare.

Again I hope this makes some sence, too many meds.

If you chose to do so, then it seems that romance was thrown in your face no matter what (regardless of whether or not you choose to play nice or hard-to-get). *shrugs*

So part of the problem was implementation then. That does make sense. It makes a bit more sense, perhaps, put in that light, and you do make a good point there. Hopefully, they could do a better job of it in Kotor 3. If they can't, I'd still rather have that in there, or perhaps see it develop between side characters (not neccesarily Jedi) that might both come to the primary character for guidance. That way, it's not actually the Jedi falling in love, but mediating between a spat or two or guiding the characters into a painful sort of relationship. (LS/DS points, anyone?) This might also help deepen the other characters.

In which case it's no longer a Jedi Thing, and no longer Pullin' a Bindo. Unless we could make just one of the two party characters in love a Jedi? Would that count as a Bindo?

I personally don't picture Obi-Wan, Yoda, or even Darth Vader (not Anakin) trying to get it on with a party member. Going against that in the game seems inconsistent.

Err, you also don't see Obi-Wan, Yoda and Darth Vader switching on their energy shields or throwing about lightning willy-nilly... oh wait. Okay, bad analogy. So the point is apt. Unfortunately, if we wanted to stay canon, we do have idiots falling in love throughout the whole movies. For the most part, the Jedi order is not represented as always falling in love. Often, the problem is the opposite. In Kotor, it was explainable by the learning/young idiocy of Revan, while in TSL, the Exile was hardly a prime example of Jedihood to begin with.

See Jae with tears streaming out of her eyes....

No problem. Always happy to help. :p

Sure, you may not want to pull a Bindo, but what if someone else who plays it does?
You point is valid but that does beg the question "what's the point of this thread?". If it's not up for discussion/varying opinions, then the mods should just lock this puppy down :D

@Stingerhs - I wouldn't mind seeing a more fleshed out romance side-story...with the caveat that my Jedi PC isn't part of it. Maybe play matchmaker for some of your non-jedi party npcs. Call me a stubborn purist :D

@Uber_Saber - I think we might be on the same page. I don't think we should be to beholden to the movies, although I realize my previous example would seem to imply that I do. My point was only to say that Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic entanglements and if I'm going to roleplay a Jedi, then I would prefer not have my hand forced into a romantic dialog.

OK, so build some lines into the dialog that say something like "I'm sorry, you're a wonderful person, and in another life you'd be really sexy, but I feel Jedi aren't supposed to form attachments," and have that break the romance. For those of us mushy romance story people, keep the other romance lines. The purists are happy, the love-is-wonderful people are happy, life is good.

@Stingerhs - I wouldn't mind seeing a more fleshed out romance side-story...with the caveat that my Jedi PC isn't part of it. Maybe play matchmaker for some of your non-jedi party npcs. Call me a stubborn purist :D
you know, thats actually a really cool idea. i hadn't thought of that one. :)

My point was only to say that Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic entanglements

While this is certainly true for some (extended) time periods, it's not imperative for *every* time period. Luke married Mara Jade and Leia married Han Solo after she learned the ways of the Force. After TSL the Jedi order is destroyed - I'm not saying there are no Jedi left but the order as an institution is destroyed. The teachings and rules of the order to follow in K3 (if there is any order at all) do not necessarily have to be the same as they were before and "were later" prior to the empire.

Still I'm absolutely getting your point. I hope they make it for the girls and us sad boys who want it but make it optional for the rest. And they all lived happily ever after ... until the discussions about K4 began...

Archived