Home

Your favourite quotes!

Vaelastraz

"Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin."

Capt. Edmund Blackadder

Hehe. And by the same token:

Melchett: All right. All right, all right, all right. I'll deal with this, Darling. Delicate touch needed, I fancy.

[Melchett takes George over to the fireplace.]

Melchett: Now, George. Do you remember when I came down to visit you when you were a nipper for your sixth birthday? You used to have a lovely little rabbit. Beautiful little thing. Do you remember?

George: Flossy.

Melchett: That's right. Flossy. Do you remember what happened to Flossy?

George: You shot him.

Melchett: That's right. It was the kindest thing to do after he'd been run over by that car.

George: By your car, Sir.

Melchett: Yes, by my car. But that too was an act of mercy when you would remember that that dog had been set on him.

George: Your dog, Sir.

Melchett: Yes, yes, my dog. But what I'm trying to say, George, is that the state young Flossy was in after we'd scraped him off my front tyre is very much the state that young Blackadder will be in now. If not very nearly dead, then very actually dead.

And another of my favourites:

Anything that happens, happens.

Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.

Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though

Yay. A thread I can actually use my Gandhi quotes in.

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

"If we were to drive out the English with the weapons with which they enslaved us, our slavery would still be with us even when they have gone."

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always."

"It is my firm opinion that Europe does not represent the spirit of God or Christianity but the spirit of Satan. And Satan’s successes are the greatest when he appears with the name of God on his lips."

"I think it would be a good idea!" :lol: BURN! :lol:

Now for some others... this one is from Star Trek: Voyager. It's pretty powerful, if you know the context it's in, and you know the character who said it.

"I think it's safe to say that nobody has been as... obssessed... with getting home, as I have. But... when I think of everything we've been through together... I can't help but think: maybe it's not the destination that matters. Maybe it's the journey. And if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, then I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be, or any people I'd rather be with."

"Suck the marrow out of life."--John Keating (played by Robin Williams) in Dead Poets Society

A scene in Tootsie:

Michael Dorsey (Dustin Hoffman) has got a job on a soap opera by impersonating a woman, Dorothy Michaels. He's in the apartment he shares with his roommate, Jeff (Bill Murray). Michael already has his 'woman' makeup on, is in nylons, and is fussing with 'Dorothy's' wig, trying to get the feminine look just right.

Michael: Do you know what my problem is?

Jeff (deadpan): Cramps?

''I just want you to know that when we talk about war, we're actually talking about peace.''

''I have my opinions, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them.''

-George Bush

These are just precious. Whenever I see them I laugh myself to death. :lol:

Here is another one of my favorites:

"Hiding in the homes of civilians. Using families as shields. Thinking we would not use appropriate force on their bases inside major cities. They underestimated our resolve and what measures are acceptable in war. Those who cannot defend themselves should not be around those who can in battle. If annihilating a city is the kind of power it takes to overwhelm a Republic shield device, then that's what we did. Necessary force to destroy all opposition." ~Canderous Ordo

I always get goose bumps whenever I hear that line!!!

Okay, here are some of mine:

Stargate:

Jack (to General Hammond, referring to Carter): "I only understand 1% of what she says half the time."

Officer: "Not much faith in plan ´A´ sir?"

O´Neill: "Since when does plan ´A´ ever work?"

Jack talking to Teal´c: "Lose It. It Means, Go Crazy....Nuts....Insane....Bonzo....No Longer In Possesion Of One´s Faculties, Three Fries Short Of A Happy Meal. WACKO!?!"

O´Neill to Kawalsky: "If you don´t make it - can I have your stereo?"

Jaffa soldier: "Drop your weapons!"

O´Neill: "Oh, if i had a nickel..."

O´Neill (to General Hammond): "Request permission to beat the crap out of this man!!!"

Jack O´Neill: "I´d like to apologize in advance for anything that I may say or do that could be construed as offensive as I slowly go NUTS."

Carter (to Jack): "Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn´t mean I can´t handle anything you can."

Sam: "Maybourne, you are an idiot everyday of the week, why can´t you take just one day off?!"

Teal´c handles a toy gun, when searching Martins house:

"It would appear this weapon is ineffective."

Daniel (gestures towards table covered in boxes and boxes of files): "So a bit of light reading."

Weir: "Ah. I´ve been awake all weekend. The reality of this is.... it´s an adrenaline rush."

Daniel: "Hey, atleast I know you have a beating heart."

Daniel: "Yeah, you´d think a race advanced enough to fly around in spaceships would be smart enough to have seat belts."

Someone: "I don´t think it´s a good idea to have an archeoligist on the front lines."

Daniel pulls out his knife.

Daniel: "uh, what end do the bullets go in?"

Star Trek:

Janeway: "There is coffee in this nebula!"

Some klingon sayings:

Heghlumegh qaq jajvam = Today is a good day to die

rit yIHmey ghom Hob = everybody meets tribbles sometime

reH 'eb tu'lu' = there is always a chance

Dubotchugh yIpummoH = If there's something in your way, beat it down

Of course I know more, but only i German, sorry.

Michael Mittermeier, a German Comedean about Star Trek Classics:

Scotty: Oh, Captain, this is really difficult. I need at least 4 weeks to fix that.

Kirk: Scotty, I give you 4 hours !

Scotty: Okay, Captain, I'll do it in 2.

"PEANUT BUTTA JELLEY TIME"

"English Motha****a DO YOU SPEAK IT"

"Fuutarded"

"FAIL!"

"My man MIke D got a beard like a billy goat"

"God damn that DJ made my day!"

"I'ts so hot I could fry an egg on your head"

"'Youre oggling him like a horny schoolgirl.'

'I know, hes become such a superficial, egomaniacal jerk. But, Ive never been more attracted to him. Does thatr make me a bad person?'

'Yes. Yes it does.'"

"Use the force! (from family guy, just before Luke sends a lightsaber through the head of an innocent dental patient)

"Schlablaam!"

"Im writing fiction with my mouth."

"I love you master. Kiss me Master. Oooh Master." I might not have this one just right, but if you dont know what Im talking about you need to play more TSL.

Really I could go on for hours here........ but I wont. XP

F

Here are some of mine:

"There is not an ounce of civilization in your blood!" - a cannibal in an old Mickey Mouse Comic

"Better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost

"He that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead." - John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress

"There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance."

"Do not knock on death's door. Just ring the bell and run like hell!"

"I am the State." - Louis XIV

There are more, I'll post 'em as I remember.

well, since quote can be from a movie too, i'll just post one of may favs:

"Not to worry, we are still flying half a ship." - Obi Wan. hilarious! :D

on a more serious note, i thought Yoda's saying was very true:

"Do, or do not. There is no *try*"

Hear the dogs howlin' out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' ~Billie Joe Armstrong ,Holiday.

now you know the origin of the Location in my user profile :D

...and bleed, the company lost the war todaaaaaay!

Archived