Home

Lego

HerbieZ

Just wondering what (if any) Lego people had when they were younger. I remember i had a blue pirate ship and i loved it. Came home one day to find my cat sat on the window-sil where the pirate ship used to be, pirates EVERYWHERE all over the floor. Just recently bought an ARC-170 clone lego gunship and unsuccessfully tried to merge it into an existing Lego tropical island set, the results were disastrous.

I was a kid in the 70's and had the Lunar Lander. The main thing I remember is getting my uncle to spend an hour putting it together and me taking two seconds to destroy it again. I also vividly remember stepping on the little pieces in my bare feet. Not a very good memory after all.

Excuse me for a moment, but I need to shed my dignity for a moment...

zOMG LEGO!! I loved Lego when I was a kid. I had over a million pieces, about fifty different sets - including some Star Wars ones - and quite a few custom constructions - I once built a Star Destroyer and what was supposed to be the USS Voyager, from the [/i]Voyager[/i] didn't turn out - too mant rounded edges for a Lego model, if you're only using the normal bricks.

I desperately want to get a Doctor Who Lego set - there's one that has a TARDIS, Rose, and the Tenth Doctor. I can't find it anywhere, though...

I used to like Lego a lot when I was younger (I'm fourteen now). Anyway, I have the Hogwarts Castle set in my bedroom still and I had several Star Wars ones too. I also used to make Lego Cars, because of my inspiration from the Lego Racers game on the PS. The good old days, I still play Lego Racers from time to time.

Well, I grew up with a generic Lego set, and built lots of houses and schools and gave all the leftover bricks to my sisters, which meant they pretty much had nothing good left to build with. Then someone gave me a hospital Lego set (go figure) which promptly got named Rampart General. 'Johnny Gage' and 'Roy DeSoto' brought endless patients in their rescue squad. We saved many a lego person from some life-threatening medical emergencies, with the help of Drs. Brackett and Early and Nurse Dixie McCall.

I'm having Emergency flashbacks now. :D

Do Bionicles count as Legos?

More or less. Personally, no, but it depends on the person.

As for me...

P1010106.jpg

Yeah, I love the things. My columbian friends (who are not drug dealers by the way) used to come over every weekend to play with my legoes. We'd make a huge city and have gangsters, evil doers attacking it while the valiant defenders of Legoville stood against every threat, never failing in their duty to protect their homeland.

Good times...I miss it...

As for me...

Yeah, I love the things. My columbian friends (who are not drug dealers by the way) used to come over every weekend to play with my legoes. We'd make a huge city and have gangsters, evil doers attacking it while the valiant defenders of Legoville stood against every threat, never failing in their duty to protect their homeland.

Now there's a serious Lego fan. :)

One of the great things about having kids is that I can play with Legos again without worrying too much that those who don't know me will think I'm totally wacko (those who do know me, of course, have decided already that yes, I'm wacko). Except instead of saying "I'm playing with Legos" it's called "I'm just helping the kids set up the Lego castle, dear. And the knights, the moat (including working fountain), motorized drawbridge, an entire cavalry division of horses and knights.... Of course, I had to confirm that the catapult was correctly constructed by test-firing it a number of times."

I grew up with Legos, and loved the sharp little things. Although maybe a bit much. It ended up in my parents spending a grand total of well over three thou$and dollars on those colorful little bricks, although I think it was worth it. And the look on people's faces after stepping on them... Priceless! :lol:

Those little things were so much fun - there's something strangely enjoyable about having an army of those little brickmen sieging a brick castle with their catapults and battering rams, and having the other brickmen put up a valid defense. Very tactical, almost. And even more tactical to avoid stepping them! They were much easier to play with on the ground than on a shelf, so I would keep my Legos on the floor. Very annoying for anyone who went into my room... Good times...

@Jae, you're very lucky to have such a wonderful excuse for playing with Legos. I would be considered nuts if I played with mine in front of people... :D

As for me...

*snips the pic*

Is it sad or strange that I recognized most of those sets (the non-Star Wars ones)?

Anyway, the fondest lego madness I remember having is when I made a fleet of F-18's and "alien ships" and would constantly replicate the movie Independence Day. After that I went through my whole X-games phase (btw anyone else see Pastrana's double... amazing), I built a complete halfpipe (smooth bottom with the smooth pieces), three skateboards, had two bikes and two motor bikes, I built a sweet barreling wave, a full street course, and some other stuff, it was pretty sweet. Same as RH I started to try to collect all of the Star Wars sets, but eventually they got the best of me and I couldn't keep up with costs, 10 dollars allowance just wasn't enough.

Archived